Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

• humanrobot11
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was having similar issues with 100 percent cpu load on an i7 7700k and only 40 percent on my 1070. Manually updated windows to the update past 1803 and it is much better with 70 percent gpu usage. You have to manually do the update through Microsoft though to get the latest one.
  • AbsoluteZerosen
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm having similar issues with an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor. My CPU is maxed out near 90-100% most of the time and I get easily 60 fps but when it dips back down 30-60% my frames drop to 15fps for 20 seconds at most. Its almost at the point to where its unplayable at all the lowest settings and reduced resolution. I have two 8gb sticks of ram and a decent graphics card but Im using no GPU most of the time. I am running the most updated version of windows 1803 so it possibly couldn't be that issue. I'm not entirely sure why I am getting these dips in fps if my processor is better than the recommended processor so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
  • Brezzels
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Going to try a fresh win install as I'm due one and see if that sorts it....such a shame the game when it works is so satisfying

well it might work though this a problem seeming to occure especially like on the 4th 6th and 7th gen intel processors like mine as well (i5 4690k) and others with 4770k and ryzen cpus . Reinstalling is however not an option for me, would take to much time to reconfigure anything and it should be adressed by dice with the most urgentcy.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having similar issues with an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor. My CPU is maxed out near 90-100% most of the time... so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Your cpu has been weak, and still is. It was ok for some titles, but it has always been holding back performance.
    Upgrade to a ryzen 2600 at least and you'll understand immediately.
  • keydzRa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting the same problems. I've tried reinstalling windows, flashed bios, tried all settings from lowest to highest it doesn't matter framerate is unstable and goes up and down too much.
    My specs are i5 6600 , rtx 2070, 16 gigs of ram, game is on SSD.
    And before you tell me my processor is bad, I've got two friends that I play with that have older CPU's and weaker GPU's and they have stable FPS on high and ultra settings.
    This problem is game related and we need a fix ASAP.
  • diede3x111
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my cpu runs at 95 to 100 percent.... still getting 90 fps avg at 1440p on only 1 of my 980tis... that's on an 9 year old I930. Maybe you need to stop buying new stuff and tighten up you rig. learn how a computer works before you waste money on new stuff. plus you have **** fps....And I run 1440p not your 1080p.
    Well i dont know what a I930 is but i gues u mean the i7 930 and the i7 930 is definitely worst than a Ryzen 5 2600X.
  • Nodraz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    So I also have the similar problem.

Specs:
    - GeForce RTX 2080
    - FX 8350 @4.6GHz
    - 8GB RAM

Settings:
    - 4k resolution
    - DirectX 12
    - Ultra

Everything is working with 60fps most of the time when playing single player. The story change when I switch to multiplayer.
    I get slowdowns every 2-3min to around 20fps, for 3-4 seconds. It's really odd, because it also happen when there is no action going on.

And yes - I understand that FX 8350 and 8GB RAM is "weak" configuration, but the issue is also present when I go FullHD with Lowest settings available (including DX11).

Post edited by Nodraz on
  • Drzator
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whit 8k monitor your GPU will bottelneck FX 8350 :).
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It is a shame to have 8GB of RAM with RTX and even FX CPU.
    1.Add additional 8GB , enable Dual Channel memory and your FPS will improve a lot.
    2. Disable DX12, it causes high CPU usage for older machines and even newer.
    3. Enable DX11 and Future Frame Rendering.
    4. Set RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 or 3 in user.cfg
    5. Limit your Max FPS to Monitor Refresh Rate.

For the current situation with 8GB RAM, enable Windows Page File on SSD set to a Custom Min/Max Size- 8192MB.
    All these tips should give bring you amazing performance increase.
  • Nodraz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. I won't add 8GB of RAM, Dual Channel was already enabled.
    2. DX11 doesn't change anything
    3 & 4. This feature also doesn't help
    5. Already done.

I think I need to repeat myself here - single player is working fine on 4k with Ultra settings. The problem is only with multi. I can understand that it requires more power than single mode, but going from 4k/Ultra to FullHD/Low is not enought? ...
    Also if you want to blame specs - look at current next gen consoles.

IMO it's more releated to some kind of bug or bad implementation. Maybe next patch will help.
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is your choice whether to upgrade or not- i am just trying to help you. No, this is not a bug, it is caused by unbalanced system. RTX combined with 8GB RAM is just a shame. Consoles are another story even with the same hardware.
  • Drzator
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just turn on DRX on 4k and your cpu Will not bottleneck GPU enymore.
  • K0R0ZIV
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    My game becomes unplayable after 2 maps when using dx12; the fps drops to 20 and the stutter is crazy. Using dx11 and most settings to low I get over 100 fps with no issues.
    I7 4790k, 16 GB RAM DDR3, gtx 970, gsync 144hz monitor at 1080p.
    Edit : it's 4790k not 4770k
    Post edited by K0R0ZIV on
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nodraz wrote: »
    single player is working fine on 4k with Ultra settings. The problem is only with multi. I can understand that it requires more power than single mode, but going from 4k/Ultra to FullHD/Low is not enought? ...
    Single player is not really taxing the cpu as multiplayer does. Hell, i'm playing at 120fps 1440p with the system in signature. Upgrade or bust...
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cpu usage is good. why not use what you have.
    My temps don't go above 67c

Because running at 100% causes stutter when it comes to CPUs, or at least it screws with the frame pacing on my machine, so it looks and feels awful.

Only thing I've found, and it's the same with BF1, is to lock your framerate to 60, though if you can't even get 60 then you're out of luck. Personally I lock mine to 90 and it's fine (G-Sync). This game is ridiculously heavy on CPU usage.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I also have the similar problem.

Specs:
    - GeForce RTX 2080
    - FX 8350 @4.6GHz
    - 8GB RAM

Settings:
    - 4k resolution
    - DirectX 12
    - Ultra

Everything is working with 60fps most of the time when playing single player. The story change when I switch to multiplayer.
    I get slowdowns every 2-3min to around 20fps, for 3-4 seconds. It's really odd, because it also happen when there is no action going on.

And yes - I understand that FX 8350 and 8GB RAM is "weak" configuration, but the issue is also present when I go FullHD with Lowest settings available (including DX11).

single player is working fine on 4k with Ultra settings. The problem is only with multi. I can understand that it requires more power than single mode, but going from 4k/Ultra to FullHD/Low is not enought?

Single player doesn't take much CPU to run, multiplayer is a whole different story and always has been in battlefield. Your CPU is extremely weak and 8GB of ram doesn't cut it anymore. Curious, what speed memory are you running? Changing settings in the game doesn't have much effect upon the CPU, just the GPU. Upgrade to a modern CPU with at least eight threads. Intel i5s are also being hit hard in this game.

For reference, I'm running a 2080 same as you, and a 8700k and I'm playing on a 1440p 144hz monitor and getting around 110fps average. There may be dips down to 90 or so but with gsync it's not super noticeable.

• carewhatt
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Currenlty having the same problem even in medium setting
    i5 8500
    gtx 1060 6gb
    8gb ram
    is it because of my ram after opening bf5 ram usage is about 90% should i upgrade it to 16gb?
  • Drzator
    Whit 8Gb SYS RAM and max setings FPS drop time to time, nothing serious, also im chek on YT and this is it. But looks like more "16Gb" games coming, maybe is time for 16gb kit. Keep in mind that SSD is on load when all SYS memory is used, i dont know if this harm ssd lifetime or not?
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Specs:
    - GeForce RTX 2080
    - FX 8350 @4.6GHz
    - 8GB RAM

How not to pc. i wouldn't pair anything higher than a gtx1060 with that cpu.
  • Tylr4D
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bitruka wrote: »
    I have the same problem...

in BF1 i have the same problem... But it started like 1 month ago. I used to play BF1 in ultra settings without any problem SINCE WHEN BF1 LAUNCH... very smooth and 99% GPU Usage all time. After some update... it started to CPU 100% and GPU usage very low... and doesnt matter if i put it on the lowest settings or ultra... its the same problem, always 100% CPU usage and low FPS, stuttering everytime.

I played the beta of BF5 fine and without any problem.

Now i bought BF5 and when i started to play yesterday...... the SAME PROBLEM i had on BF1 in the last month. Its not CPU problem, its the game problem... im 100% sure because i used to play just fine and alllll other games i have i dont have this issue... but im afraid DICE wont fix soon.

My Specs:
    - i7 6700k 4.5ghz;
    - GTX 1080ti;
    - 16gb DDR4 3000mhz;
    - Windows 10 with the last update;
    - SSD with windows and BF installed.

Similar setup. If windows 10 try dx 12 with the latest Nvidia drivers. Apply, then restart. If stuttering there, try dx 11 (restart) then future frame rendering on. If issues there, buy a cheap copy of Windows 8.1and use future frame rendering on.

6700k @4.4 and 2070 (oc) w/ 16 g ram