Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

  • SokkaBlyat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm running an i7 6700k at 4.4 ghz and a etc 2080 together and my CPU is always at 100 percent and gpu is never higher than 40 percent. Usually sat around 25 percent. I'm playing at 1440p. Fps is all over the place no matter what settings I use. I had a similar issue in bf1 when I had an i5 4690k and 970. It's very frustrating that this is happening
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SokkaBlyat wrote: »
    I'm running an i7 6700k at 4.4 ghz and a etc 2080 together and my CPU is always at 100 percent and gpu is never higher than 40 percent. Usually sat around 25 percent. I'm playing at 1440p. Fps is all over the place no matter what settings I use. I had a similar issue in bf1 when I had an i5 4690k and 970. It's very frustrating that this is happening

    yes... irs really sad this thing... u pay lot of money for a game and it looks its not optimized. Lets hope they can fix this asap.
  • VincentNZ
    3842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I am acknopwledging that my i5 3570 is not a fresh CPU and likely a bottleneck, this does not explain, why so many others experience similar issues that involve sporadic frame drops. I played to day with my three mates and they all had, while having a better rig, frame drops to 25fps in the same situations as I did. It is particularly bad on Narvik. Hamada runs the smoothest.
    -
    So I am pretty sure it is an optimization issue to a certain extent.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    OP, you need to turn FFR ON if you're using dx11. It's broken and people don't even realize it. Turning FFR off puts your GPU at 50% usage. If that's not the problem then idk.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    OP, you need to turn FFR ON if you're using dx11. It's broken and people don't even realize it. Turning FFR off puts your GPU at 50% usage. If that's not the problem then idk.

    FFR is not broken, it's working as intended, both off and on.
  • Jinko_itx
    751 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    every Battlefield titles were made to take advantage of the high-end market, it has always been like this, so just like every Battlefield before this title, it doesn't surprise me that mid range hardware has issues in running the game in the way some people think it should be ran, this is no Fornite
  • crashingdabrave
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    every Battlefield titles were made to take advantage of the high-end market, it has always been like this, so just like every Battlefield before this title, it doesn't surprise me that mid range hardware has issues in running the game in the way some people think it should be ran, this is no Fornite

    Even so an i7 should have no problem handling this game. If you are calling an i7 midrange then I would like to have whatever you’re smoking.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    every Battlefield titles were made to take advantage of the high-end market, it has always been like this, so just like every Battlefield before this title, it doesn't surprise me that mid range hardware has issues in running the game in the way some people think it should be ran, this is no Fornite

    Even so an i7 should have no problem handling this game. If you are calling an i7 midrange then I would like to have whatever you’re smoking.
    6C, 6C/12T, 8C, 8C16T -> all available on mainstream sockets...an i7 with 4C/8T is mid range now.
  • versicol0ur
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    2600X, 16GB RAM @3000mhz, GTX1070, all on ultra at 1080, no issues what so ever. My monitor is the current limiting factor at 60hz
    Also running DX12
  • GatoPretu
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of people on same problem, cpu 100% or random drop frame, its clear bad engineering by EA part, not user rig config.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Four thread capable CPUs are simply low end in modern titles. The "eight core" FX processors are essentially quad cores. Eight true threads or more are needed for AAA titles moving forward. With six core AMD and Intel cpus being as cheap as they are adoption should happen quickly.
  • Sn1pe-05
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have an i7 970 and it pushes all 12 threads to 70% usage avg.
  • Axle84
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the bare minimum spec CPU an FX8350 and 16GB of DDR 3 @ 1866 and a GTX 1070 ti. Running everthing on low @ 1080p except Textures and Mesh on high my frame rate was anywhere between 40-60 i tried everything DX 11 FF On, Off, DX12 which actualy slightly improved stability but ofc the CPU was always going to be the bottleneck.

    Well yesterday i read that increasing the load on the card may alleviate pressure on the CPU so i bumped my resolution scale through DSLR to x2 my native my FOV to 90 and bumped some of the settings up and amazingly im now getting between 70-80 and the game feels far more responsive.
  • McFoaners
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SokkaBlyat wrote: »
    I'm running an i7 6700k at 4.4 ghz and a etc 2080 together and my CPU is always at 100 percent and gpu is never higher than 40 percent. Usually sat around 25 percent. I'm playing at 1440p. Fps is all over the place no matter what settings I use. I had a similar issue in bf1 when I had an i5 4690k and 970. It's very frustrating that this is happening

    I have an 6700k @ 4,7 paired with a 2070 and my cpu usage is in the high 80's (all cores/threads). You have a faster gpu so your cpu becomes a bottleneck and causes your fps to be all over the place.
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    PC Community daily problems since BF1 release : "MY CPU IS 100% OMG fix the game"

    No, fix your PC and learn to build it the right way.

    4 cores 4 threads CPU ? don't even complain your game will stutter like a nightmare.
    8GB RAM ? go home, you'll have drops in fps and the game will freeze occasionally up to 2-4 seconds, try all LOW options but it'll not going to be smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs will not cut through, sorry but that's why Ryzen exist.

    Simply don't put 4 cors i5 + 8GB RAM + high end or even mid GPU and then complain about performance cause that's totally your problem.

    GPU is your last problem don't upgrade it and leave other components behind.

    Comparing single player to MP is a joke , SP is just empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is 64 players shooting , destructing ( new better physics) , flying , building , new 3D sound system being fully utilized , calculations being done all over the map.

    There is no option in BFv that will reduce your CPU load cause it's a MP game and a a lot of aspect should stay the same to all players for the sake of fair playing ( mainly physics and math calculations ) , but you can try playing other small modes with 32 players and see if performance get better.

  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V - PC Community daily problems "100% CPU OMG fix the game" ...

    4 Core 4 threads , don't complain about the performance, BF1 was heavy on CPUs and BFv is even heavier for good reasons.
    8 GB RAM ? go home your game will stutter like a nightmare and will occasionally freeze for seconds , try all options on LOW it may help but will not get a smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs ? sorry it'll not cut through that's why Ryzen exist.

    Comparing single player to MP is a joke, SP is just an empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is a whole another story : there are 64 players shooting , destroying , building , flying , driving vehicles ( physics calculations )... the new 3D sound system being fully utilized , destruction is better and more complex than all previous BFs ( again all physics calculated fully on CPU ) .

    Do not put high or even mid range GPU on 4 core i5 and 8GB RAM and ask for good performance in Battlefield.
    Learn how to build your PC properly.




  • crownex
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm running on high settings, wqhd with 144hz and my i7 9700k is on 100% all the time. 2080ti is just chilling at ~65% and FPS are around 120-144. Don't know, I didn't expect the i7 9700k to get fully utilized.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why not? The 9700k only offers 8C/8T, so not more max threads than a 7700k. Sure, it's faster in general, but still limited in threads offered.
  • Henny996
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raptor_i81 wrote: »
    Battlefield V - PC Community daily problems "100% CPU OMG fix the game" ...

    4 Core 4 threads , don't complain about the performance, BF1 was heavy on CPUs and BFv is even heavier for good reasons.
    8 GB RAM ? go home your game will stutter like a nightmare and will occasionally freeze for seconds , try all options on LOW it may help but will not get a smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs ? sorry it'll not cut through that's why Ryzen exist.

    Comparing single player to MP is a joke, SP is just an empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is a whole another story : there are 64 players shooting , destroying , building , flying , driving vehicles ( physics calculations )... the new 3D sound system being fully utilized , destruction is better and more complex than all previous BFs ( again all physics calculated fully on CPU ) .

    Do not put high or even mid range GPU on 4 core i5 and 8GB RAM and ask for good performance in Battlefield.
    Learn how to build your PC properly.




    So, first of all don´t get me wrong, I really agree to most of your points!

    Let´s look at the minimum requirements for BF5 in terms of CPU: i5 6600k. Obviously the minimum requirements don´t guarantee you a 60 FPS (but only with 1080p and lowest settings) multiplayer experience.


    Let´s look at the recommended CPU: i7 4790k. Ok.

    And here comes my first point:
    I think that you can expect to hit a stable 60 FPS @ 1080p (even in MP, don´t matter how low you have to go with the settings) if your PC meets the recommended specs.

    I know that every forum of every game is full of guys with 2008 AMD CPU´s and low end GPU´s who are complaining about performance.


    But there are people out there with PC´s that are way over the recommended specs with performance problems in MP..
    Without Raytracing, without 4k and even without every setting on Ultra.

    My second point:
    I would be happy for you when the game runs more than perfect on your (really, really powerful) system, believe me!


    But the more people out there just accept the fact that games are not always optimised and are willing to spend huge amounts of money for their setup, the less pressure is on the developers of videogames to optimise their products.

    And we really don´t need future Battlefield titels with system requirements like "Minimum specs: A gaming CPU from hell and the fastest GPU you can buy. Recommended specs: A workstation CPU from hell and four of the fastest GPU´s you can buy"


    And let´s be honest.. There are way more people playing on consoles than there are PC users for gaming..

    And why?

    Because they could either buy a CPU that is worthy in your eyes, OR they buy a whole gaming system for hundred dollars less...



    You can imagine where I am going with this..
    Wouldn´t be a very good multiplayer experience for the few guys with good enough hardware..



    So just try to understand people with mid end hardware..


    Take me as an example, i5 7600k, 970 16GB ram obviously at 1080p..
    What did I expect from BF5´s performance? A similar performance to BF1 which I played (after several performance and stability patches _of course!_) at well over 90 FPS (144Hz monitor of yourse) with mixed settings..

    What do I get? 80-90 FPS (lowest settings possible) with drops to 50´s which feel more like drops to 30´s

    Do I see anything that is worth that performance impact?
    Maybe the destruction?
    Maybe this weird 3D sound?
    Maybe the fact that I can play as a woman?
    Maybe I played BF1 on empty servers and play BF5 on 64 player servers?

    Nope.

  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    OP, you need to turn FFR ON if you're using dx11. It's broken and people don't even realize it. Turning FFR off puts your GPU at 50% usage. If that's not the problem then idk.

    FFR is not broken, it's working as intended, both off and on.

    FFR on adding input lag is pretty stupid.
Sign In or Register to comment.