Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

• PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    OP, you need to turn FFR ON if you're using dx11. It's broken and people don't even realize it. Turning FFR off puts your GPU at 50% usage. If that's not the problem then idk.

FFR is not broken, it's working as intended, both off and on.

FFR on adding input lag is pretty stupid.

It is not. Learn what ffr does, then you know why it happens.
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Raptor_i81 wrote: »
    Battlefield V - PC Community daily problems "100% CPU OMG fix the game" ...

4 Core 4 threads , don't complain about the performance, BF1 was heavy on CPUs and BFv is even heavier for good reasons.
    8 GB RAM ? go home your game will stutter like a nightmare and will occasionally freeze for seconds , try all options on LOW it may help but will not get a smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs ? sorry it'll not cut through that's why Ryzen exist.

Comparing single player to MP is a joke, SP is just an empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is a whole another story : there are 64 players shooting , destroying , building , flying , driving vehicles ( physics calculations )... the new 3D sound system being fully utilized , destruction is better and more complex than all previous BFs ( again all physics calculated fully on CPU ) .

Do not put high or even mid range GPU on 4 core i5 and 8GB RAM and ask for good performance in Battlefield.
    Learn how to build your PC properly.

bro... i understand your point but let me try to explain... i have the same setup for some years and BF1 and beta BF5 was not like this (80-100% cpu usage)... i always played on ultra and/or low settings with high FPS, 0 stuttering, 0 fps drop and 99% gpu usage... a month ago there was some updates and started with this 100% CPU thing... now its impossible to play smooth dont matter what u do (BF1 amd BF5)! if u lower settings u get bad fps too and 100% cpu usage... if u put everything at max settings... u still have 100% cpu and stuttering, bottleneck, low gpu usage and fps drop... thats the point... the game wasnt like this... it started like a month ago!! and i cant understand why this is happening and no one find a solution! idk why DICE dont say something about this... this is an expensive game, it should work well
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Overclocked i7-6800k to 4.2ghz with an OC GTX1080 here, and what I have noticed is that CPU 11 is always at or close to 100% usage while the others are fine with overall CPU usage of around 40-85%. This behavior causes some weird stuttering both in DX11 and DX12. I have played around with many in game setting without any positive result.

The only solution I have found is to disable CPU11 affinity (cpu10 in task manager), and the game runs silky smooth. My fps stays above 110 fps at 1440p with lighting and post process on medium, and the rest mixed of ultra and high.

I have noticed this CPU behavior in BF 1 and 4 as well, but BF4 is not affected by any stuttering.

So i dont know if this is specific to my system, and/or there is poor optimization in the game engine to use 12 threads.
    I have tried to turn Hyperthreading off but it does not make the game run any better, I still have to disable one CPU to get a smooth game.

And no other program is running in the back ground except for MSI afterburner.
  • Seven7mm1985
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    Overclocked i7-6800k to 4.2ghz with an OC GTX1080 here, and what I have noticed is that CPU 11 is always at or close to 100% usage while the others are fine with overall CPU usage of around 40-85%. This behavior causes some weird stuttering both in DX11 and DX12. I have played around with many in game setting without any positive result.

The only solution I have found is to disable CPU11 affinity (cpu10 in task manager), and the game runs silky smooth. My fps stays above 110 fps at 1440p with lighting and post process on medium, and the rest mixed of ultra and high.

I have noticed this CPU behavior in BF 1 and 4 as well, but BF4 is not affected by any stuttering.

So i dont know if this is specific to my system, and/or there is poor optimization in the game engine to use 12 threads.
    I have tried to turn Hyperthreading off but it does not make the game run any better, I still have to disable one CPU to get a smooth game.

Did You unpark your cores ?

• KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

of course

But for some weird reason CPU11 gets hammered.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

of course

Malware?
  • KazeKage79

of course

Malware?

no my PC is supper clean. This happens only with Battlefield games as far as I have seen so far.
    when i m not doing anything my cpu usage stays below 1%
    I have been monitoring task manager during game play and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
  • mattparks7
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bitruka wrote: »
    Raptor_i81 wrote: »
    Battlefield V - PC Community daily problems "100% CPU OMG fix the game" ...

4 Core 4 threads , don't complain about the performance, BF1 was heavy on CPUs and BFv is even heavier for good reasons.
    8 GB RAM ? go home your game will stutter like a nightmare and will occasionally freeze for seconds , try all options on LOW it may help but will not get a smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs ? sorry it'll not cut through that's why Ryzen exist.

Comparing single player to MP is a joke, SP is just an empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is a whole another story : there are 64 players shooting , destroying , building , flying , driving vehicles ( physics calculations )... the new 3D sound system being fully utilized , destruction is better and more complex than all previous BFs ( again all physics calculated fully on CPU ) .

Do not put high or even mid range GPU on 4 core i5 and 8GB RAM and ask for good performance in Battlefield.
    Learn how to build your PC properly.

bro... i understand your point but let me try to explain... i have the same setup for some years and BF1 and beta BF5 was not like this (80-100% cpu usage)... i always played on ultra and/or low settings with high FPS, 0 stuttering, 0 fps drop and 99% gpu usage... a month ago there was some updates and started with this 100% CPU thing... now its impossible to play smooth dont matter what u do (BF1 amd BF5)! if u lower settings u get bad fps too and 100% cpu usage... if u put everything at max settings... u still have 100% cpu and stuttering, bottleneck, low gpu usage and fps drop... thats the point... the game wasnt like this... it started like a month ago!! and i cant understand why this is happening and no one find a solution! idk why DICE dont say something about this... this is an expensive game, it should work well

I have same problem. i have gtx 1060, i5 8400, and 8 gb ram 1080p and have severe stuttering with everything on low. but in bf1 i played 4k ultra and got 40 fps with no stuttering and we all know that its way more cpu and memory demanding to play bf1 ultra 4k than bf5 1080p low. it did make it a little bit better when i put frame rate lock to 60 and vsync on tho so u can try that if u havent but other than that i just think that with all bf games that come out they are always broken in some way.
  • PcPAirgun
    mattparks7 wrote: »
    and we all know that its way more cpu and memory demanding to play bf1 ultra 4k than bf5 1080p low. it did make it a little bit better when i put frame rate lock to 60 and vsync on
    Guess it's only you who "knows" that. 4k ultra is not more cpu demanding than 1080p low. Who told you that nonsense?
    1440p and upwards is mostly gpu limited.

Lets say at 1080p low you get 90fps. So your cpu must prepare those 90fps for your gpu to render it.
    At 4k you got 40 fps. The cpu needs to calculate half of what it does at 1080p, because your gpu can't render it faster anyway.
  • Scrwanger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    salve, ho problema con questo gioco: cpu molto elevata solo nella modalità multiplayer mentre in modalità storia va benissimo
    ho un

i7 7700k

32gb ram 3000mhz

gtx 1080 ti asus strix oc11

• mattparks7
    mattparks7 wrote: »
    and we all know that its way more cpu and memory demanding to play bf1 ultra 4k than bf5 1080p low. it did make it a little bit better when i put frame rate lock to 60 and vsync on
    Guess it's only you who "knows" that. 4k ultra is not more cpu demanding than 1080p low. Who told you that nonsense?
    1440p and upwards is mostly gpu limited.

Lets say at 1080p low you get 90fps. So your cpu must prepare those 90fps for your gpu to render it.
    At 4k you got 40 fps. The cpu needs to calculate half of what it does at 1080p, because your gpu can't render it faster anyway.

ya i didnt mean to put cpu i was pretty much arguing for the ram when i said memory for the high and low settings, so thats a mistake on my part. but i truly am curious if my cpu thats like i think a couple years old is now too old for new bf games now, does ps4 original have any stuttering, its cpu i would assume is way older ? and if it doesnt have any stuttering then how come because im pretty sure my pc is more powerful ?
  • PcPAirgun
    You can't really compare console vs pc. Yes, they share similar x86 cpus and gpus, but that's where it stops. Consoles can be optimized deeply, because all consoles from the same type share the exact same hardware. On pc you got thousands off possible combinations, hard to make all run even. Low level apis like vulkan, dx12 should close that gap a bit, but it's simply more cost sensitive to use dx11, the api you know for years...
  • mattparks7
    You can't really compare console vs pc. Yes, they share similar x86 cpus and gpus, but that's where it stops. Consoles can be optimized deeply, because all consoles from the same type share the exact same hardware. On pc you got thousands off possible combinations, hard to make all run even. Low level apis like vulkan, dx12 should close that gap a bit, but it's simply more cost sensitive to use dx11, the api you know for years...

ya i guess thats true......im just hoping maybe later on down the road the game will be better optimised for pc, maybe in updates.
  • davorces
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem. Gpu use only max 60%.

Windows is new, update, drivers....

I7 9700k
    Hero xi
    Wcooling
    32 gb 3200mhz
    Rtx 2080

Cpu use 70-80%

144hz 1440p only 110fps medium seetings dirx 11

• davorces
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr12 on and gpu use is 96%, 144hz stabil, all on high.
  • TheBlazedMan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey,

After some searching i found a guy talking about a solution (Win10 only)

first see what windows version you have by using "winver" in "Execute" (Win+R)

If you are still in winver 1803 you need to update to 1809 (october update)

For myself after updating to 1809 i had no more stuttering and less framedrops.

Hope it'll help you.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I7 6820HK GTX1070 16Go ram game on SSD

Windows on 1809, Nvidia on 417.01... i tried DX11 - DX12, FFR On-Off, Nvidia Controle pannel with Prerender 1 / Vertical sync Off / High Perf on ...
    OC Cpu boost to 4Ghz !
    Nothing change i still have 20/25fps with CPU usage 90-100% and GPU 30/50% !! Full Ultra or Full Low It's exactly the same !

Need help please !
  • SneakyGunman
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a person I know who I game with told me that a youtube video called something like:
    fix stuttering in almost all games
    helped fix a similar problem. You can give that a try OP.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    a person I know who I game with told me that a youtube video called something like:
    fix stuttering in almost all games
    helped fix a similar problem. You can give that a try OP.

Ive checked the video the guy talking about the GameBar from Win 10 ... it's already disable :)