Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

• Scrwanger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

just a game of ****, optimized by disgust. active ffr and lower fps, the active and cpu has a 98 percent load.
    they only played a game for the new 8-core and 16-t and the 20180ti rpx. DICE you really did this time
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    That's Crazy ! I don't find anything about this F issue !!!
    I have a Friend with the exact same configuration and he can play full ultra with 100/120fps stable !! while i've only 20 fps FFS Dice do something !!
    The issue is completly random !! I can see people correct it by doing simple change ...
    I've done EVERYTHING and no one is able to help ...

I want a refund at this point !
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.
    I found out the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU (wtf). I set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs except the one it was it was assigned by default...and tadaaa super smooth game play with high fps like it should be with overclocked GTX1080 and i7-6800k.

So for people who have more than 4 cores/threads, this might be worth a look at.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Funny thing i just found .. when i turn the game to full ultra with render scale at 100% my GPU stay around 40/50% while my CPU 90/95% and i have low fps 50 drops to 15
    But when i set everything to ultra and push the render to 200% !!! Magic i can see my CPU turn around 60-80% and my GPU going up to 99/100% this make my game turn with 35-60 FPS ( It's really beautiful and at this point i understand..my config can't make it with this resolution ) but it's more stable than before !

So now i need to understand why the GPU dont want to work more with a render scale at 100% !
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hkpowa wrote: »
    Funny thing i just found .. when i turn the game to full ultra with render scale at 100% my GPU stay around 40/50% while my CPU 90/95% and i have low fps 50 drops to 15
    But when i set everything to ultra and push the render to 200% !!! Magic i can see my CPU turn around 60-80% and my GPU going up to 99/100% this make my game turn with 35-60 FPS ( It's really beautiful and at this point i understand..my config can't make it with this resolution ) but it's more stable than before !

So now i need to understand why the GPU dont want to work more with a render scale at 100% !

Make sure future frame render is on if you play on Dx11
  • Hkpowa
    edited December 2018
    KazeKage79 wrote: »

DX11 with FFR on ...DX11 with FFR off ...DX12 with FFR on ... DX12 with FFR off ... i've tried everything about that already

I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz
    GTX 1070
    16 Go ram
    Game on SSD
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make sure your laptop isn't overheating.
  • Hkpowa
    Average heat : 70-75°

All my games are working perfectly - GTA V, The witcher 3, Pubg, Fornite, WoW... Stable 60Fps in Full High Ultra
  • KazeKage79

DX11 with FFR on ...DX11 with FFR off ...DX12 with FFR on ... DX12 with FFR off ... i've tried everything about that already

I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz
    GTX 1070
    16 Go ram
    Game on SSD

I have you tried my fix?
    ¨Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.
    I found out the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU (wtf). I set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs except the one it was it was assigned by default...and tadaaa super smooth game play with high fps like it should be with overclocked GTX1080 and i7-6800k.

So for people who have more than 4 cores/threads, this might be worth a look at.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well¨
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Average heat : 70-75°

All my games are working perfectly - GTA V, The witcher 3, Pubg, Fornite, WoW... Stable 60Fps in Full High Ultra

Cpu or gpu? Cpu is more interessting.
  • Hkpowa
    CPU :)

On BF5 Low setting my CPU easly hit 95-100% usage while GPU barely hit 50%...
    Like i said previously if i put the game in Render scale 200% and Ultra settings ... Cpu is going down to 70% and the GPU start working correctly 90-100%..

Yes BF5 full Ultra 200% i know i will have bad performance ! If i can have settings in High/medium ... render scale 100% with the GPU at 90/100% i'm pretty sure that 60fps stable is easy like in my other game :)
  • PcPAirgun
    Nothing uncommon. At 1080p low your running into a cpu limit, while at 4k you're gpu limited.
    I'm pretty sure a 4ghz 4c/8t cpu is going to limit in mp while sp should be no problem. Bf5 is now using more than 4 threads, which was the max for bf1.

Try to set textures, filtering and mesh to high, with everything else at low, ambient occlusion off.
    For dx11 set ffr to on and limit the pre rendered frames on nvcpl to 2.
    For dx12 set ffr to off (which equals pre rendered frames = 2).
  • Hkpowa
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    Nothing uncommon. At 1080p low your running into a cpu limit, while at 4k you're gpu limited.
    I'm pretty sure a 4ghz 4c/8t cpu is going to limit in mp while sp should be no problem. Bf5 is now using more than 4 threads, which was the max for bf1.

Try to set textures, filtering and mesh to high, with everything else at low, ambient occlusion off.
    For dx11 set ffr to on and limit the pre rendered frames on nvcpl to 2.
    For dx12 set ffr to off (which equals pre rendered frames = 2).

dx11 set ffr to on and limit the pre rendered frames on nvcpl to 2. : CPU 95-100% GPU 30% 35/40FPS an drop below 20 in fight
    dx12 set ffr to off (which equals pre rendered frames = 2). : Exactly the same :)

4ghz 4c/8t cpu is going to limit in mp ... : Sure about that ? i see my friend play with I5 3,3Ghz 12Go ram and Gtx 1060 playing on a stable 60Fps ...
    I don't ask for a 4K Ultra smooth 240fps ... even full low/medium fix 60fps i take it !
  • PcPAirgun
    Strange. Nothing you can do until dice patches this ****.
  • Hkpowa
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    Strange. Nothing you can do until dice patches this ****.

Yeah i guess... PLEASE DICE PATCH YOUR GAME !!!! :open_mouth:
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz
    GTX 1070
    16 Go ram
    Game on SSD

I have you tried my fix?
    ¨Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well¨

can u explain me better? i download this program but all my 8 threads are selected... and i still 100% CPu usage... i set priority toi high but nothing change!
  • mattparks7
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well.

i downloaded process hacker but how do u set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs and how did u find that the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU, were is it in process hacker ?
  • KazeKage79
    edited December 2018
    mattparks7 wrote: »

i downloaded process hacker but how do u set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs and how did u find that the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU, were is it in process hacker ?

you need to run the program as administrator, double click on BFV.EXE, when the game is fully loaded in the menu, sort the threads by cpu usage( by clicking twice on CPU tab), then right click on the top one, and click on affinity.
    If only one cpu is selected, select all the cpu's except the one that was selected by default and press ok.
    Post edited by KazeKage79 on
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mattparks7 wrote: »

you need to run the program as administrator, double click on BFV.EXE, when the game is fully loaded in the menu, sort the threads by cpu usage( by clicking twice on CPU tab), then right click on the top one, and click on affinity.
    If only one thread is selected, select all the threads except the one that was selected by default and press ok.

mine have all 8 selected xD lol ill cry
  • DemonicMunky
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just getting this issue today was fine yesterday cpu 90-100% and gpu is low. Im still getting good fps but my game is crashing now mostly becuz of this issue. cpu im running is I7-5820k OC 4.2ghz and this issue is making my temps hit 90c on a AIO liquid cooler and never hit that high before.