Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

• epson55
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    My 2600k i7 CPU @ 4.2ghz is also 100%. I have a 970 gtx also... 1080p playing on.
  • UniQue1992
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    mattparks7 wrote: »
    Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.
    I found out the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU (wtf). I set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs except the one it was it was assigned by default...and tadaaa super smooth game play with high fps like it should be with overclocked GTX1080 and i7-6800k.

So for people who have more than 4 cores/threads, this might be worth a look at.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well.

i downloaded process hacker but how do u set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs and how did u find that the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU, were is it in process hacker ?

you need to run the program as administrator, double click on BFV.EXE, when the game is fully loaded in the menu, sort the threads by cpu usage( by clicking twice on CPU tab), then right click on the top one, and click on affinity.
    If only one thread is selected, select all the threads except the one that was selected by default and press ok.

I really don't understand how it works, can you try to give me a step by step help?
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Just tried after the Patch :) and still the same issue 25-40fps drop below 15 when fight

CPU is still running at 90-100% while GPU 30-35% max ... With all settings set to low ....
    I tried DX11/DX12 ... FFR 1, Buying BFV has been a great mistake lol !

Edit : Just launch the practice range... it run so damn good ahahahah alone in the field ! FULL Ultra Fix 60FPS ! I would love to play this in MP !
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hkpowa wrote: »
    Just tried after the Patch :) and still the same issue 25-40fps drop below 15 when fight

CPU is still running at 90-100% while GPU 30-35% max ... With all settings set to low ....
    I tried DX11/DX12 ... FFR 1, Buying BFV has been a great mistake lol !

Edit : Just launch the practice range... it run so damn good ahahahah alone in the field ! FULL Ultra Fix 60FPS ! I would love to play this in MP !

Yep there is just to much crap in this game just like bf1. When your on a empty server in bf1 it’s smooth as butter or on the practice range on bfv. When you are on a 64 player server thing go to hell quick to many explosions and to much crap falling this will eat up a cpu. Bad thing is dice don’t care they want the game to look immersive first and gameplay second. They could scale back the explosions and all the buildings falling back to what bf3 was and the game would run smooth with 64 players on the server.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes i dont really think they read the community feed back...

At least if we could have the choise to reduce the immersion and up our performance !
  • KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CPU optimization is in their to do list?
  • Hkpowa
    CPU optimization is in their to do list?

No probably not .... they prefer working on the new RTX
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UniQue1992 wrote: »
    mattparks7 wrote: »
    Ok well I found what was the issue with my game.... I downloaded Process Hacker to check how are the game processes behaving.
    I found out the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU (wtf). I set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs except the one it was it was assigned by default...and tadaaa super smooth game play with high fps like it should be with overclocked GTX1080 and i7-6800k.

So for people who have more than 4 cores/threads, this might be worth a look at.

But Dice if you read this, please take a look at this issue. This happens in BF1 as well.

i downloaded process hacker but how do u set the affinity for that thread to all the CPUs and how did u find that the most CPU intensive thread was only assigned to one CPU, were is it in process hacker ?

you need to run the program as administrator, double click on BFV.EXE, when the game is fully loaded in the menu, sort the threads by cpu usage( by clicking twice on CPU tab), then right click on the top one, and click on affinity.
    If only one thread is selected, select all the threads except the one that was selected by default and press ok.

I really don't understand how it works, can you try to give me a step by step help?

Those are step by step instructions...
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If only one cpu is selected, select all the cpu's except the one that was selected by default and press ok.
  • Obsene_Gamer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have high CPU usage in this game only. I can play at over 100 fps 1440p no problem, but streaming is completely out of the question. I think all of the posts related to Ram, Ryzen, etc are just hot air.

i7 7700k @ 4.8ghz
    MSI 1080 ti Lightning Z
    4 x 8gb crucial ballistic sport lt 2400mhz

The CPU thread affinity should be default to all cores all threads. For that poster, if you go to task manager, click the details tab and right click on bff.exe
    This lets you assign it a higher priority of set which threads dedicate to this application.

If I try to stream bf5, it is a choppy unplayable mess no matter how I tweak things, unless I set my stream to ultra fast x.264 (garbage quality stream). Task priority/affinity does not help so far.

GPU utilization sits at 30-40% at base clock in game, only jumps to lightning clock 50% utilization in the menus. CPU is 80-95% utilization, streaming pegs it at 100%.

PUBG, Overwatch, any other demanding game I have played uses all GPU and no more than half CPU by comparison. Always at 1440p, always on 144 hz monitor.

Interestingly, HDR mode makes the screen all gray and unplayable even though I have an HDR monitor and the game defaults it into HDR mode when launched. I can only play this with HDR mode disabled. I have tried the various dx11/12 future frame rendering settings, etc. I have tried every possible combination I believe and relaunch after changing settings.

Has anyone noticed how it forces back to windowed after alt + tab sometimes, then you go to video settings and it realizes it is different all of a sudden?

My conclusion is EA/DICE are garbage at deploying a polished product and this will be my first and last EA title for PC.

The unavailable content at launch and the player clipping walls/objects is icing on this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ cake.
  • SokkaBlyat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

- I can run battlefield 1 at ultra
    - when I start battlefield 5 the CPU usage goes to %100 and the GPU goes to 40-50%
    -at low settings I struggle to get 60 fps

Hi I commented a few weeks ago as my i7 6700k was at almost at 100 percent usage and my gpu was nearly down at 40 percent whilst playing BF5. From testing different things I have seen that today just by turning DX12 on it has fixed my issue completely. CPU and GPU now both run at around 80 per cent and my frame rate is not only higher but a lot more stable. Before at ultra settings at 1440p it would be around 70 fps but it was very choppy and stuttered all the time ( I could deal with the lower fps but not the stuttering ). Now Its always above 100 fps, i'd say the average is close to 110 at ultra settings and the game play is so much smoother, I am no longer getting severely bottle necked. Not sure if this helps anyone else having this issue but fingers crossed it does!
  • willaz0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SokkaBlyat wrote: »
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

- when I start battlefield 5 the CPU usage goes to %100 and the GPU goes to 40-50%

Hi I commented a few weeks ago as my i7 6700k was at almost at 100 percent usage and my gpu was nearly down at 40 percent whilst playing BF5. From testing different things I have seen that today just by turning DX12 on it has fixed my issue completely. CPU and GPU now both run at around 80 per cent and my frame rate is not only higher but a lot more stable. Before at ultra settings at 1440p it would be around 70 fps but it was very choppy and stuttered all the time ( I could deal with the lower fps but not the stuttering ). Now Its always above 100 fps, i'd say the average is close to 110 at ultra settings and the game play is so much smoother, I am no longer getting severely bottle necked. Not sure if this helps anyone else having this issue but fingers crossed it does!

Hi. I Have a 9700k and turn ON/OFF DX12 and FFR, show affinity cpu and my problem persist of 100% CPU
    Help!! Any idea?
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How come my older system 4930k 6c 12 thread cpu 16gig quad channel ram, 980ti 6gb, 60% cpu usage, 90-100% gpu, gsync 2560x1440p 144hz locked at 120hz game capped at 117hz latest w10 insider version runs smooth as a babies butt yet you guys with the new tech have issues I don't get it...
  • ZeuZx
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x @ 4ghz and out of curiosity checked to see what my CPU would be while in game and its between 70-80%. What I do know is that windows 10 has a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ amount of background services that can use some cpu power and also ram. Next time you check while in a map check to see what % just BF5 is using.
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ZeuZx wrote: »
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x @ 4ghz and out of curiosity checked to see what my CPU would be while in game and its between 70-80%. What I do know is that windows 10 has a **** amount of background services that can use some cpu power and also ram. Next time you check while in a map check to see what % just BF5 is using.

Makes sense, my w10 is seriously running light on back ground services might be helping me?
  • Renamed1011090118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    choppernNZ wrote: »
    ZeuZx wrote: »
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x @ 4ghz and out of curiosity checked to see what my CPU would be while in game and its between 70-80%. What I do know is that windows 10 has a **** amount of background services that can use some cpu power and also ram. Next time you check while in a map check to see what % just BF5 is using.

Makes sense, my w10 is seriously running light on back ground services might be helping me?

I have basically everything disabled so it doesn’t run. No windows defender, no Cortana and lots of others. 8086k @ 5.2 ghz and a 2080ti. Only thing running is the game, Orgin and msi afterburner along with very few windows services that can’t be disabled. Bfv runs at 80 to 100%. I have tried everything different versions of Windows 10 I even have spectra patch disabled and no anti virus.

2qnb495.jpg

21j2loj.jpg

2929z7a.jpg

• choppernNZ
    Weird you have the latest gen system and mine is a few gen behind yet mine runs fine, could my ram in quad channel be helping maybe? I really don't know...just wait for more updates I guess..
  • sexinvader
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PLEASE DICE FIX THE HIGH CPU USE BUG FFS THIS STUTTERING IS GETTING OLD NOW THANKS
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Pc Specs:
    ryzen 5 2600x
    rx580 580(4gb)
    8gb ram

8GB of RAM is not enough. I had 8GB and could play fine for the most part, but I got bad stutter/frame drops at the beginning of matches, and the same thing only after I had been playing a few matches. Added 8gb more and now I never have any problems. Game is using 9gb of RAM on some maps, on medium texture detail.
  • Hkpowa
    choppernNZ wrote: »
    Weird you have the latest gen system and mine is a few gen behind yet mine runs fine, could my ram in quad channel be helping maybe? I really don't know...just wait for more updates I guess..

Yeah it's weird ... i have the issue and the game is just unplayable when a friend with just an I5 3.3Ghz and Gtx 1060 can run it 60fps stable with no drop :smile:
    Weird and random !
    And probably some huge configuration last gen i7 or even i9 with 2070 /2080 also have the issue but with a huge CPU the issue is less visible...
    Yes 100/120 FPS is a low fps issue when you are supposed to run it with 180/200fps :s