Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

Comments

• Edukalifa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issue here... 9600K @ 4.8 (cause it's summer in Australia lol), GTX1080Ti, 27" 1440p 165Hz Monitor and even though I get plenty of fps (over 100 most of the time) the CPU sits at or close to 100% most of the time. To a point where it eventually crashes even thought the OC is very very mild. It can take prime95 all day and yet this game kills it after 4-5 hours. I thought I had found a solution when I lowered the refresh rate setting in the game to 99.95Hz but it turns out it was just a map where the CPU doesn't get pushed as hard. Next map and the issue is back. Pretty frustrating when a friend of mine has an older Ryzen and the thing sits at 40% CPU usage all day long playing BF5.

I hate you DICE
  • Tek720
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a Intel Core i7 with a 1080ti. I found using DX12 with Future Frame Rendering off elminates my 100 percent CPU issue.

No performance issues in game either on the latest driver.

If I disable DX12 my CPU runs at 100 percent the entire time I am playing.

Windows 10.
  • Cenkyyyy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firstowl sorry for my bad english guys

I had this issue with my old laptop which it was 6700hq 1060 3gb 16gb ram 256ssd and etc etc laptoop heat were about 65 70 degrees then ı tought the problem was with my 10603gb coz there is no way 6700hq bottleneck to 1060 3gb then ı made my desecion to go a head for new computer which is 8700k 4.6ghz 1080ti 32gb ram nvm2 ssd and the 1440p 144hz monitor and the result is EVEN WORSE my cpu is always around %100 %95 usseage gpu usseage always around %40's ı treyed to both resulation 1080p 1440p and nothing much diffrance to be honest with 1080p its a bit better then which is ı know there is no way 8700k will bottleneck to 1080ti so ı asked to my friend if ı can borrow he is 1070 and its even worse so now ı m thinkin to gave up with battlefield 5

Now what ım thinkin is this game is workin fully optimized with ps4 pro and xbox one x and as far as ı know its workin with 2080 and 2080ti so is dice forcein us to buy console which is ı would never cant even handle seen console or does nvidia pressin to dice make us to users buy 2080 and 2080ti
  • Cenkyyyy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello again guys

I sorted out the my problem ı would like to share here may for help

1.ı updated to my windows 10 1809
    2.ı take the my graphic card speeds to factory clocks now the result is İnsane base clock factory boost clock factory now evrything is fine around %90 gpu useage
  • itz_Hap1230
    i7 7700 non k
    16gb ram
    rtx 2070
    bfv on ssd
    i had all of these problems but as soon as i went to dx12 and turned off ffr i just had the same fps but at low 90 cpu and high 70 gpu at about 90fps
  • Mythical_Boock
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my cpu runs at 95 to 100 percent.... still getting 90 fps avg at 1440p on only 1 of my 980tis... that's on an 9 year old I930. Maybe you need to stop buying new stuff and tighten up you rig. learn how a computer works before you waste money on new stuff. plus you have **** fps....And I run 1440p not your 1080p.

Oh please you peasant, I've got 4 Titan V Cards in NV Link and 1 TB of RAM with 1 PB of SSD storage for everything and my cpu with 10 ghz 64 cores 128 threads under water cooling while running Crysis 1 ultra at 4k with 200fps with all my overclocking software as well with 500 chrome tabs open with Metro Exodus at 4K on my 6th Monitor at 4K 250fps as well as BF5 on my 9th monitor 4k 500fps

My CPU only runs at 20% and my memory at 30% and graphics running at 40%

If you can't afford my rig you should just quit PC gaming because you're too poor...

> moral of the story: being a **** isn't helpful
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my cpu runs at 95 to 100 percent.... still getting 90 fps avg at 1440p on only 1 of my 980tis... that's on an 9 year old I930. Maybe you need to stop buying new stuff and tighten up you rig. learn how a computer works before you waste money on new stuff. plus you have **** fps....And I run 1440p not your 1080p.

Oh please you peasant, I've got 4 Titan V Cards in NV Link and 1 TB of RAM with 1 PB of SSD storage for everything and my cpu with 10 ghz 64 cores 128 threads under water cooling while running Crysis 1 ultra at 4k with 200fps with all my overclocking software as well with 500 chrome tabs open with Metro Exodus at 4K on my 6th Monitor at 4K 250fps as well as BF5 on my 9th monitor 4k 500fps

My CPU only runs at 20% and my memory at 30% and graphics running at 40%

If you can't afford my rig you should just quit PC gaming because you're too poor...

> moral of the story: being a **** isn't helpful

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Well said.

---

Funnily enough, I have the exact opposite situation. My 1080ti is maxxed out 99% while my CPU is around 40-50% if I'm lucky. It's not really a problem for me as I average over 100 FPS at 1080p Ultra (but truth be told, I'm still pretty trash at the game). Apologies in advance if I sound like I'm bragging or something.

p.s: Is this thread considered a necro? If so, I'm sorry again lol.
  • sverrebee
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 ON worked!! Thank you!!! :D
  • Td05_RumpleWagen
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get how this game could be optimized so poorly, frostbite always ran SOO smooth. I have a 4770 and a 1080ti and im getting 90-100% gpu usage but ONLY 50-70% gpu usage when I really need it. When i'm in the menu i'm getting 100% gpu usage or flying but the second I'm in a dense city map I get 50-70% gpu usage. Makes no sense
  • ApoPhisIncOming
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On intel cpus try disable in bios Hyper Threading. It help to stutterings. But cpu must be strong to handle with only power of cores. On my i7 980x 6 cores it help, but cpu usage is depend of how many players is on server. When is full 64 then cpu is max usage. Some time ago was a squad conquest mode and it was perfect, only 16 players on server. Today i was play on new mode grid and its max usage of cpu ever.
  • fragnstein
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get how this game could be optimized so poorly, frostbite always ran SOO smooth. I have a 4770 and a 1080ti and im getting 90-100% gpu usage but ONLY 50-70% gpu usage when I really need it. When i'm in the menu i'm getting 100% gpu usage or flying but the second I'm in a dense city map I get 50-70% gpu usage. Makes no sense

It makes sense if you knew how computers worked. Frames go from cpu to gpu. Your menu screen has no action, so of course you get 100% gpu cause the cpu can render the menu quite easly before it passes that frame to the gpu. When action happens, the cpu has to calculate more of the frame and thus taking more time before passing it on to the gpu. Your cpu is rendering slower then your gpu
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Have you tried capping your fps a few frames below the hz of your screen? I've set mine at 117fps, screen set to 120hz
  • Tide_Kekse
    You don't have a bottleneck. You CPU is strong enough. You only have a problem with the settings.
  • quikplato
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys i think found a solution working for me.

My initial specs:
    i7 3770k oc'ed to 4.4 
    Radeon 7970 (yes XD )
    8 GB RAM 1600mhz
    HDD drive 

Game was running ok (!!!), on medium/high settings, I was impressed by optimalisation but I wanted some more so 
    I bought GTX 1660 Ti 
    and this is when my problems started. I started getting stuttering no matter if I was running on low or on high/ ultra. 100% cpu consumption, no matter what settings I used. It was pretty frustrating considering I swapped my worst part of system and got grapics improvement but stuttering issues. 

I also saw very high RAM consumption so i bought additional 8 GB and I must say that my experience improved a lot. I also set FFR to off and run DX12 so I cant really say which one of them helped. It was almost fine but still got stuttering from time to time. Then i stopped playing this game for about two weeks (thanks to TW: 3 Kingdoms :D ) and yesterday i installed new patch and ran game and I experienced zero or almost zero stuttering issues playing on new map for about and hour and a half.  STILL having 100% CPU consumption though. 

Maybe my experience was helpful, I wanted to share this with you cos I've been reading this thread for few days trying to solve this issue.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They broke the game completely in of the patches but don't know which. 100% cpu usage is a 2 month issue though(give or take) on my end. Before that the game ran alot better.

• Jinko_itx
    750 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when building a PC for this game, the cpu needs to be able to handle the gpu, so if you have a GTX 970 an i5 6600k is good, if you have a 1080 an i7 6700 is perfect, 1080 ti / i7 6700k, 2080 Ti / i9 9900k, 2080 / i7 9700k etc. etc.
  • W3R1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try this:
    create user.cfg
    wtite this (only i7 2xxx 3xxx 4xxx 6xxx 7xxx)
    thread.processorcount 4
    thread.maxprocessorcount 8
    thread.minfreeprocessorcount 0
    Maybe works.

I use for ryzen 5 3600 this
    thread.processorcount 6
    thread.maxprocessorcount 12
    thread.minfreeprocessorcount 0

• vHaV0kv
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DA hell happend? Ryzen 2700x + gtx1070, sice 2 weeks i have 100% CPU usage in BF5, no matters what settings?!?!?!? Reinstaled game, at first I thought I have some serious problems with mouse stuttering but when i checked now task menager and it showed me 100% CPU usage I almost hit the desk with my head. WTF happend?!
  • duendemago
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PC Community daily problems since BF1 release : "MY CPU IS 100% OMG fix the game"

No, fix your PC and learn to build it the right way.

4 cores 4 threads CPU ? don't even complain your game will stutter like a nightmare.
    8GB RAM ? go home, you'll have drops in fps and the game will freeze occasionally up to 2-4 seconds, try all LOW options but it'll not going to be smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs will not cut through, sorry but that's why Ryzen exist.

Simply don't put 4 cors i5 + 8GB RAM + high end or even mid GPU and then complain about performance cause that's totally your problem.

GPU is your last problem don't upgrade it and leave other components behind.

Comparing single player to MP is a joke , SP is just empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is 64 players shooting , destructing ( new better physics) , flying , building , new 3D sound system being fully utilized , calculations being done all over the map.

There is no option in BFv that will reduce your CPU load cause it's a MP game and a a lot of aspect should stay the same to all players for the sake of fair playing ( mainly physics and math calculations ) , but you can try playing other small modes with 32 players and see if performance get better.

you are a typical negligent commenter. If you make a game with MINIMUM and RECOMENDED SETTINGS and people try to play with a smooth experience meeting those settings, whose faul is it? If you sell something and don't accomplish the promise whose fault is it? If Dice would say: the minimum settings are I7s last gen with 2080s, well, then these people won't even complaining. You are the kind of person that uses negativity and toxicity to take away attention for the real problem: Dice is not delivering a well-finished product FOR TODAY's rigs. Not for tomorrow's ones such as I9s and I10s!!! You develop for your actual community, a faithful and very well engaged one!. If they were really thinking like a businessman, they would really deliver a smooth experience for their "minimum" requirement rigs! That is just common sense. Your claims are nonsense and only protect the lack of responsibility of this company to truly finish their product before launch!
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PC Community daily problems since BF1 release : "MY CPU IS 100% OMG fix the game"

No, fix your PC and learn to build it the right way.

4 cores 4 threads CPU ? don't even complain your game will stutter like a nightmare.
    8GB RAM ? go home, you'll have drops in fps and the game will freeze occasionally up to 2-4 seconds, try all LOW options but it'll not going to be smooth playing.
    Old AMD CPUs will not cut through, sorry but that's why Ryzen exist.

Simply don't put 4 cors i5 + 8GB RAM + high end or even mid GPU and then complain about performance cause that's totally your problem.

GPU is your last problem don't upgrade it and leave other components behind.

Comparing single player to MP is a joke , SP is just empty map with bunch of bots at semi idle stats , MP is 64 players shooting , destructing ( new better physics) , flying , building , new 3D sound system being fully utilized , calculations being done all over the map.

There is no option in BFv that will reduce your CPU load cause it's a MP game and a a lot of aspect should stay the same to all players for the sake of fair playing ( mainly physics and math calculations ) , but you can try playing other small modes with 32 players and see if performance get better.

you are a typical negligent commenter. If you make a game with MINIMUM and RECOMENDED SETTINGS and people try to play with a smooth experience meeting those settings, whose faul is it? If you sell something and don't accomplish the promise whose fault is it? If Dice would say: the minimum settings are I7s last gen with 2080s, well, then these people won't even complaining. You are the kind of person that uses negativity and toxicity to take away attention for the real problem: Dice is not delivering a well-finished product FOR TODAY's rigs. Not for tomorrow's ones such as I9s and I10s!!! You develop for your actual community, a faithful and very well engaged one!. If they were really thinking like a businessman, they would really deliver a smooth experience for their "minimum" requirement rigs! That is just common sense. Your claims are nonsense and only protect the lack of responsibility of this company to truly finish their product before launch!
    What Raptor said was very harsh and blunt but nonetheless true.

Before you start pointing fingers at the game you should first rule out the possibility that your PC is the problem because most of the time, it is. It's literally basic troubleshooting. 

The only piece of negligence here is if someone immediately jumps to the conclusion that the game is badly optimised without first checking their own PC first (ie. Haven't downloaded the latest GPU drivers, etc). If you're system is bordering or on minimum specs, there really shouldn't be any surprise that you'll get subpar at worst or meh at best performance, especially in a game as graphically advanced as BFV.

This is a Triple A title running on an advanced game engine (for better or for worse) we're talking about, not some small indie project made for fun. If you wanted to run the latest and greatest games on PC, then you'll have to keep up or risk getting left behind. Simple as that.

And by the way, there isn't such thing as an i10 CPU.