New melee takedowns?

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't have an account there, but I saw on Reddit some awesome looking new melee takedown animations for BFV I've never seen before. I'm not sure if they are entirely dependent on stance or what, but they were awesome to see.

One example the small clip showed was the player taking down an enemy laying on their back (supine) on the ground. The player character went up to the guy on the ground, grabbed him by the front of his shirt, hefts his upper body up and BLASTS him directly in the face with the meanest looking headbutt I've ever seen.

Another was for a prone enemy, the player attacked them from behind while they were on the ground, and the players character grabbed the enemy's neck and head and snapped his neck in a quick movement.

I'm not sure if there are more; there may be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have these already been in the game?? Like been there the whole time and no-one has seen them? Are they a planned addition later on they're working on? I haven't seen any mention of new melee takedowns here, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any info to go off of.

Comments

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me once, and completely caught me off guard. My character was repeatedly punching the other person in the face then ended it with a headbutt. I'm spending hours watching digital characters being shot, burned, blown-up, and stabbed, but none of it had me taken aback like watching that.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So these ARE already in the game?? Man, I need to find me some lazy prone players to test this out on.

do you know if melee weapon choice matters at all? Seems a bit weird that you use fists when your character has a knife in his back pocket.

As a melee aficionado, I need to get these to happen
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to be random. I typically run the rare knife (I forget what it's called) we received at launch or the hatchet.