BFV Crashing Non-stop

foozand
32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is anyone else having a problem where it's a 50/50 chance where you either load or the game crashes to desktop (silently). Anyone found a fix?

Comments

• KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many people have the crash problem and no fix there.
    But this is beta test because day1 patch is not released yet...
  • spongebarr
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happening to me to tonight... Played fine the last 4 days.. Right when im about to spawn for the first time in a new map it crashes out to desktop. Tried loading in 8 times now and restarted my rig twice. Still wont let me spawn and auto-crashes.
  • spongebarr
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UPDATE: Just logged into 3 other games. BF4, Fortnite and PUBG. All games are running beautifully as usual. Definitely a BFV issue today. What did you guys update?!?!?
  • StarscreamUK
    7371 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    what does your event viewer in windows show?

Since launch, I've had 1 crash to desktop, I traced mine back to a left over program from Zone Alarm (which when removed, resulted in the system not even getting to desktop and resulted in a safe mode exercise to manually remove it)
  • spongebarr
    what does your event viewer in windows show?

Since launch, I've had 1 crash to desktop, I traced mine back to a left over program from Zone Alarm (which when removed, resulted in the system not even getting to desktop and resulted in a safe mode exercise to manually remove it)

Zone alarm is the operation running?
  • StarscreamUK
    7371 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Zone Alarm wasnt running, I had uninstalled it, but it's own uninstaller had left services running which were not removed. when I was looking at the error log, that service threw out an error, immediately after the error, bfv crashed. Since fully removing it, I've yet to have a crash again. But if you find bfv in the event viewer and see what details it gives for the crash.
  • spongebarr
    SOLVED: Manually install/update DX http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35 Also Manually install .net framework http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653 Worked for me, load right in now and solid like a rock :D:D Hopefully It helps :D
  • foozand
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The patch from today seems to have fixed it for me!