I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, if it aint obvious, and has probably been mentioned, but some regions should only be able to play with themselfs because they have serious issues, no one mentioned but everyone probably knows what region is the number one to never ever be let into another region. Of course that wont help all cheating but it will let cheaters play with cheaters more so they can have a cheater shootout.

Yeh i mentioned it on their anti cheat reddit post where they asked for feedback. We can say it as it is...we don't particuarly want or need Chines hackers who are bored playing all the cheats on Asian server coming onto EU/UK servers. It serves no purpose as all we get is more cheats and high ping which can affect server performance. I'm guessing it will be an expense that EA/Dice are trying to avoid. Guessing it will take some man hours to isolate and region lock. They really are so crap. It's not like they're even trying any of the possible solutions. Very sad as the game had so much potential.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a similar experience late last night . In 2 rounds the cheater was 80 - 2 . It was quite obvious he was cheating . Both on infantry maps . He was also very active in the chat taunting our team . This is getting ridiculous . I wonder if EA catches a cheater if he gets a 2 day ban , week , or a warning . People use to get a global ban , servers could ban these losers as well . Right now ..... nothing is done .

Yeh i just had a game to see if any change. Didn't see the rage hacking but quite a few suspect kills. Quit the game mid round. I just don't find the game much fun and not worth my time as is. For a bit of fun a game with lots of cheats isn't really a consideration unless you're desperate. Can't wait for The Division 2 to come out as really enjoyed the beta.
  • NN_Buzz12
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen many with 100+ scores. Had several that flat admit only to tell everyone to report it as EA can't stop them. One of those thing where you just move on to another server. I'm no expert on how to fix it but it gets old.

Private servers - Private servers - Private servers - admin controls if I'm paying for the server.
  • PvtBlackdog
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm thinking they won't do anything about the cheating because they are always trying to play catch up with the hackers.... Also me thinks if they do nothing, then PC players will just move onto consoles and then maybe development will just be dropped for the PC because pirates won't be able to crack the games and therefore sales will improve...So I reckon these companies are just sticking it to PC players because they just don't care anymore!
  • ThePro_PR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a long a fun (well at least for 20-30min) FL game ruined by a hacker.

The game had been back and forth but we finally, with only 8-10 minutes left, pushed them back (destroyed 1-2 obj).

Out of nowhere this lvl 14 "god" came in and started racking up kills ... 97-9 the last time I saw the the scoreboard.

They pushed us back all the way to our spawn and won the game with less than a minutes to go.

Seriously what the **** is EA/DICE going to do about this?

Should we start spamming twitter and social media shaming EA until they are forced to do something? It seems the only way to get someone to do something these days. :(
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11416 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • STOPchris
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you guys want to name and shame, just head over to Reddit. I am sure that Reddit probably gets more views anyway. This website is EA's attempt to control their image, don't let that happen and go over to Reddit.
  • STOPchris
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just read the blog post from EA/DICE on anti-cheat, where they linked a known cheater saying that they are just a good player... Completely restored my faith in them!!! Nice blog post!!!
  • TFBisquit
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm thinking they won't do anything about the cheating because they are always trying to play catch up with the hackers.... Also me thinks if they do nothing, then PC players will just move onto consoles and then maybe development will just be dropped for the PC because pirates won't be able to crack the games and therefore sales will improve...So I reckon these companies are just sticking it to PC players because they just don't care anymore!

Well, been reading that for years now and games are still released on pc.
    But if a million pc copies were sold, it’s still between 30 and 60 million dollars.
    So they have to step it up, no escaping that.
  • PvtBlackdog
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    TFBisquit
    "Well, been reading that for years now and games are still released on pc.
    But if a million pc copies were sold, it’s still between 30 and 60 million dollars.
    So they have to step it up, no escaping that."

Yep, ported console games that is....What games dedicated to PC?

• marked4death
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    I just read the blog post from EA/DICE on anti-cheat, where they linked a known cheater saying that they are just a good player... Completely restored my faith in them!!! Nice blog post!!!

How in the right mind are you saying that Stodeh is a known cheater? Is this something that you feel....

Players like you regress the conversation in to broken feeling and unattainable expectations
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Just had a long a fun (well at least for 20-30min) FL game ruined by a hacker.

The game had been back and forth but we finally, with only 8-10 minutes left, pushed them back (destroyed 1-2 obj).

Out of nowhere this lvl 14 "god" came in and started racking up kills ... 97-9 the last time I saw the the scoreboard.

They pushed us back all the way to our spawn and won the game with less than a minutes to go.

Seriously what the **** is EA/DICE going to do about this?

Should we start spamming twitter and social media shaming EA until they are forced to do something? It seems the only way to get someone to do something these days. :(

Yep do that. They don't want the bad publicity on their media channels. Look up the community managers on reddit and post on their Twitter too. If anything else they need to know how many people are displeased with their efforts...or lack of. Their game is a joke and the worst gaming experience available currently
  • Madoka11
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    BATTLEFIELDV is now nothing more than a P.O.S. hackers Central!

EA does not care, the game is a flop. Sales way down lower then hardline. The problem is, EA decided to go console leaving many pc players in the dark. They do not care if everyone cheats. Cant beat them might as well join them.

Well i won't sink to the level of cheating at video games for some sort of weird ego driven, power trip. Also i wouldn't get satisfaction from a fake score and win. i'd rather be true to my low skill levels of gaming. I just won't buy these games anymore and focus on decent single player campaign games. For me online gaming has descended into a cess pool. It's bottom of the barrel gaming. Shame

understandable, the thought of cheating is repugnant to me as well, and I agree with you, this game has/had so much potential, makes me angry to even think about it :(

as to a good fps single player game, check out Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus, that is a great single player fps game
  • parkingbrake
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone said a few posts back that no one has come up with technical solutions. If youve been following this thread you'll see lots of suggestions that have been proven to tighten up a games security vs cheating.
    There are indeed many things that could (and should) be done to chip away at hack use, but there is no one magic bullet. PUBG has three anti-cheats and has banned over 13,000,000 accounts--still has lots of cheating. Fortnite has two anti cheats--BattleEye and Easy--still has plenty of cheating.

As you say, rented servers with live admins would make a big difference, as would legal action against hack sellers and getting banks, credit card companies, PayPal etc. to stop handling payments to hack sellers. All these things would help, but in the end we'd still see some hacks for sale and some cheating. But I agree, it could be better than it is if the game companies would put in more effort. However the game publishers don't seem to want to go the extra mile, I tend to think they'd be okay with the PC platform just going away so they can sell games just for consoles and not have to worry much about cheating anymore.

• BL00DY-ROY
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ways to combat cheating could be (some of these are picked from CS go), and some are mentioned before. And some are probably violation to privacy laws. All of these could probably be argued that wont work due to "fill in here", and some will probably argue that the measures in CS GO aren`t working. But i think it is important to give feedback that might help. If one measure works 2-5%, then some hackers are removed. Another measure might work 10%, well then some more hackers are removed. The hardcore hackers will probably always hack, but if you could reduce the amount of the average hackers, then that is better than nothing.

Overwatch - Have something like Overwatch in CS GO, community could judge the player (and EA could rule the ban)
    Phone number - Account tied to phone number, like Prime in CS GO
    Trust - CS GO have trust meter, where players with low trust (multiple accounts, previous bans etc) are matched with other players with low trust.
    In game reporting - Be able to report in game quickly
    Kill Cam - Like COD blackout (if you want, you see the kill from the killers view and be able to spectate for a few seconds more to see if more dodgy kills)
    Pricing - If trustmeter low (due to multiple accounts or previous bans) or similar, have to pay double / triple price to get new account.
    Origin bans - If banned in other origin games, automatic bans in all origin games.
    Centralized ban database - industry cooperation for cheaters. All big developers / publisher share information. Ban across games
    Microsoft cooperation - Work with microsoft. A cheat in game is a violation to Microsoft rules. Your OS won`t work, or Microsoft don`t allow Nvidia / AMD drivers or Direct X or something on Windows, or Windows is restricted in a way that won`t let you play online games.
    Allow hacks on hack servers - let cheaters / hackers have their own playground (hack vs hack). This might reduce hacks in regular games, and it might gives EA information they could use in (meant to be) hackfree servers
    Don`t expose hackers - Just move hackers to other servers where other hackers have been moved (without telling them they have been discovered, let them play together).
    Gaming OS - Could be another microsoft cooperation. Have a gaming Os in Windows that are restricted, and more difficult to use hacks on
    Legal action - Like it is not allowed to pirate music / movies, a use of cheat is not allowed (requires some lobbying to EU / US etc). This would probably not be enforced, but some would be "scared" not to try hacks.
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
  • AntiFox08
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    BATTLEFIELDV is now nothing more than a P.O.S. hackers Central!

EA does not care, the game is a flop. Sales way down lower then hardline. The problem is, EA decided to go console leaving many pc players in the dark. They do not care if everyone cheats. Cant beat them might as well join them.

Well i won't sink to the level of cheating at video games for some sort of weird ego driven, power trip. Also i wouldn't get satisfaction from a fake score and win. i'd rather be true to my low skill levels of gaming. I just won't buy these games anymore and focus on decent single player campaign games. For me online gaming has descended into a cess pool. It's bottom of the barrel gaming. Shame

Honest players already have ego and power trips, as well as satisfaction. It's a video game. Cheat or no cheat, I'll talk about it with friends, maybe interested acquaintances, but it stops there.
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

How in the right mind are you saying that Stodeh is a known cheater? Is this something that you feel....

Players like you regress the conversation in to broken feeling and unattainable expectations

He's not the only one that thinks this. Many here think the most of the content creators cheat. Some even think k that was allows them to cheat to market their games. Critical thinking lacks.

If you ask these people have they ever tuned into a live stream? They say no.

They're going based off YouTube where they post their best clips. Considering stodeh been there on LAN, very unlikely he's cheating.
  • half_empty_soul
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

everytime he is playing at events he is not even close to the level we can see on his streams/videos so natural conclusion he is cheating, end of story