I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FantaPantz wrote: »
    1:24:55 how did he see the enemy lying down and blended into the rocks so easily and zoom straight in? I could not see him. His ESP is just too good?

Not that difficult when you have nice big 1440p screen without youtube compression.

Let me preface this by saying I like Jack, and I often enjoy his videos and commentary. I think he is a skilled player.
    I undestand video compression on Youtube can play a factor. I think Jack generally plays BF at 2k. I'm watching that video on a 27 " 4k HDR gysnc 144hz monitor about 30cm from my eyes (20/20 with corrective lenses). But the video is encoded at only 1080p/60hz and there is some pretty severe compression artifacts during his movement. Definitley a loss of fidelity vs. the source.
    But... That enemy was prone, motionless, out of range of footsteps, wearing biome-appropriate camo., 75-100m out, and pretty far into Jack's periphery at the point he makes the turn directly to the enemies position and ADS. Only then does the enemy stand/crouch and move. After that, Jack say "there's a guy there."
    That enemy had only been in his periphery for about 2 seconds before he does this action. And just a few seconds earlier, befor he turned back to heading 335, looking over the bridge side, he had spent much more time with line-of-sight directly on that exact same area and even scoped in. He didn't notice him then. I assume Jack's monitor didn't change in those 6 seconds. I guess that enemy couldn't have moved into that spot and went prone in just those 6 seconds. But that seems unlikely.

So, it does make me wonder how Jack knew to rapidly move cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.

I've watched that little section of clip a few times now and it's really fishy if you just watch that little section, especially frame by frame. Considering there's a whole mountain range there to randomly ADS at, he does a really good job of ADS right on the other player. You can actually see the player prone as soon as it scopes in. If you watch it in context the game he's playing, he heard shooting in that direction and keeps looking up there but not directly at the player. So could be just lucky.

Yes. I did watch it in context twice. In fact, I watched that entire video when he released it. I also noticed the comment about him hearing shooting about 20 seconds before that turn. The problem is he did scan that exact area just a few seconds earlier (scoped in), and didn't see him. It could have been a lucky accident. But, that movement is so deliberate, it certainly doesn't seem like it. I don't know. I wouldn't draw a conclusion based on just that video. But, quite honestly, this isn't the first time I've though "Hmm..." when watching his vids.

This youtuber also mentioned in one of his videos that he wasn't sure if using a macro was cheating . Makes you wonder what is going on in these videos .
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when someone goes 90-11 in domination and the next highest score in the game is like 29-15... rrrrrrrrrrrrighttt.

Not impossible, but suspicious. His BF1 stats are highly inconsistent. Lot of weapons with 1KPM and sub, whilst a lot of others are between 3 and 4 KPM. Perhaps he's just gotten real gud fast.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As of today, March 30, 2019. Summary: 192 pages : 3.8k replies : 93.4k views., from a thread that started at November 22, 2018 4:26AM , yet not a single reply from any official EA/Dice person. Not sure about what's more disturbing: The cheaters? Or the fact there's not any kind of response from EA/Dice? :*
    They don't care, and they won't care until we stop buying their games and even then it won't be a very big deal for them because the PC platform is no longer important enough to this company. EA now makes console games, and sometimes ports them to PC, so they're not going to work up a sweat over anti-cheat for PC.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    when someone goes 90-11 in domination and the next highest score in the game is like 29-15... rrrrrrrrrrrrighttt.

Keep in mind that someone playing with friends using Discord is going to be revived way more often than a random player, so he might have died twenty times and had half of those rolled back by being revived. Also consider that some cheaters intentionally let themselves be killed repeatedly (especially near the end of a round) so their stats don't look so suspicious.

For me it isn't the KDR so much as being able to do things that appear to be outside the normal course of the game. A player who never guesses wrong, is never surprised, never walks into a bad situation--that's someone using a wall hack, and he doesn't make the mistakes the rest of us do because he knows where his opponents are even if he can't see them in a legit way.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1:24:55 how did he see the enemy lying down and blended into the rocks so easily and zoom straight in? I could not see him. His ESP is just too good?

Not that difficult when you have nice big 1440p screen without youtube compression.

Let me preface this by saying I like Jack, and I often enjoy his videos and commentary. I think he is a skilled player.
    I undestand video compression on Youtube can play a factor. I think Jack generally plays BF at 2k. I'm watching that video on a 27 " 4k HDR gysnc 144hz monitor about 30cm from my eyes (20/20 with corrective lenses). But the video is encoded at only 1080p/60hz and there is some pretty severe compression artifacts during his movement. Definitley a loss of fidelity vs. the source.
    But... That enemy was prone, motionless, out of range of footsteps, wearing biome-appropriate camo., 75-100m out, and pretty far into Jack's periphery at the point he makes the turn directly to the enemies position and ADS. Only then does the enemy stand/crouch and move. After that, Jack say "there's a guy there."
    That enemy had only been in his periphery for about 2 seconds before he does this action. And just a few seconds earlier, befor he turned back to heading 335, looking over the bridge side, he had spent much more time with line-of-sight directly on that exact same area and even scoped in. He didn't notice him then. I assume Jack's monitor didn't change in those 6 seconds. I guess that enemy couldn't have moved into that spot and went prone in just those 6 seconds. But that seems unlikely.

So, it does make me wonder how Jack knew to rapidly move cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.

That guy shot hit rifle at 1:24:44, then at 1:24:51 you can clearly see him shooting another round which leaves a nice big trace. Then you can hear him shoot AGAIN at 1:24:54ish which gives a huge audio giveaway.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That guy shot hit rifle at 1:24:44, then at 1:24:51 you can clearly see him shooting another round which leaves a nice big trace. Then you can hear him shoot AGAIN at 1:24:54ish which gives a huge audio giveaway.

One thing people dont understand that tracers are one of the easiest advanced spotting methods a player can take advantage of. Sometimes it can seperate the best players from the rest if you have the situation awarness for it. I tend to do play by play now so people can understand on stream how im seeing people
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 30
    ove cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.

So, could some of us be missing these tracers with our video settings? Maybe not fully, "Missing," but at least not seeing them as clearly as others?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags can you approve my post edit?
  • TyroneLoyd
    jog0ff wrote: »
    alienstout wrote: »
    i read on the dark web that the Cheat DEVS is having problems whit FF, the FF is verry argessive. and their users are getting banned… thats good News dhoo...

Hahaha, my coffee just spit out of my mouth. No, I don't believe this at all.

LOL same here, almost choked eating my lunch :smiley: , since when FF actually does anything?

FF was very effective when first introduced in BF4, the hack user forums were full of unhappy cheaters who had been banned. But the hack creators always adapt, and obviously they've found ways to reduce FF's effectiveness. Anti-cheat systems aside, a lot of this is EA's fault as their own policies are highly cheat-tolerant. If you can get caught using a hack in one EA game without losing access to other EA games, that's a company that isn't really serious about reducing the level of cheating.

Yep. The hack programmers kept up to date with their programming and EA EA Dice didn't keep up with anti cheat efforts and investment in that area. It's a no brainer. They thought they'd get away with doing very little on anti cheat and ot caught off guard. Either they didn't allocate budget to anti cheat or they just don't care and thought most wouldn't kick up a stink about it. Either way it's not good enough. That's why both companies are on my boycott list

EA will always be on the boycott list.

• TyroneLoyd
    ove cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.

So, could some of us be missing these tracers with our video settings? Maybe not fully, "Missing," but at least not seeing them as clearly as others?

Negative. Tracers tend to be very apparently in most applications. Even more apparent on low settings especially when you have the draw distance bug thats constant throught all frostbite engine games.
    Like ive said before it's on of the advance forms of finding players.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I went through all 60 frames at 1:24:44 - 1:24:45 second interval. Jack show no visual sign of being aware of that players precise position at this time. But Jack has indicated there was a fight somewhere over there, and we could hear the audio cue corresponding with his Jacks general awareness of the position of the gunfight.

But you're right. There were tracers at 1:24:51 at frame 31, and frames 33-35 going right to left, then again starting at frame 59, 1:24:52 frame 1-5, right to left again. This does appear to be from the gun of said prone enemy.

Jack still doesn't make mention of those tracers, nor slow his crosshair in that area or ADS at this time. He proceeds to look elsewhere for the next 5 seconds. Then moves crosshair directly over that player, ADS, and calls him out on the video.

Based on all this. I think Jack is roughly aware of an enemy in that position and probably observed those tracers. He was checking surroundings for 5 seconds. Then moved his sights back to his educated guess from where those traces likely originated, and got it right on the first try.

I no longer think this play was fishy. Just skill, plus situational awareness, + a tad bit of luck on guessing the origin of the tracer fire.

I was pretty careful on my first watch. But, I missed the 12 frames of tracers. The youtube compression played a factor in me not seeing it at first. I suspect that Jack didn't even bother mentioning it because, it was likely those tracers were more obvious on his screen, and he was just going to come back to it in a few seconds after checking around. Knowing that he was probably about to start firing.

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

One thing people dont understand that tracers are one of the easiest advanced spotting methods a player can take advantage of. Sometimes it can seperate the best players from the rest if you have the situation awarness for it. I tend to do play by play now so people can understand on stream how im seeing people

Agreed. The play-by-play can help. Jack generally does the same thing. But he doesn't livestream all that much. If Jack had mentioned the tracer fire (which was much less noticable on the 1080p/60hz compressed video), I wouldn't have even questioned it, initally. But, it was probably just obvious to him during the match. Sometimes a player is a bit too preoccupied to comment on all things. It was getting near end-game at that point for Jack. I know I always start to get more focused when its under 8.
  • TyroneLoyd

Agreed. The play-by-play can help. Jack generally does the same thing. But he doesn't livestream all that much. If Jack had mentioned the tracer fire (which was much less noticable on the 1080p/60hz compressed video), I wouldn't have even questioned it, initally. But, it was probably just obvious to him during the match. Sometimes a player is a bit too preoccupied to comment on all things. It was getting near end-game at that point for Jack. I know I always start to get more focused when its under 8.

Yeah since I stream every time i get on i made it a habit to do it constantly. Alot of my viewers get so confused sometimes and ive learned that actually explaining situations like that really helps the audience learn more about the game instead of just looking at a player twitch around like a mad man. There's so many small things top players or decent players do that need an explanation. The frostbite engine and bfv quirks are something I love to elaborate on.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Or sometimes even bullet impacts.

Had 1 instance where and LMG was spamming me, I had to prone, fake peeked and proned again to get him to fire again. Looked at the bullet impacts on the wall, extrapolated the angle to where the sound was coming from and fired a panzerfaust to his position allowing me to move up.
  • TFBisquit
    1523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These are things that happen occasionally, but not on a regular base.
  • Chivide
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    myself im tired of gettine a headshot spawning in safe spawn and ppl always know where ya are, i just decided to quit it today had enough of it
  • parkingbrake
    I immediately pay attention to tracers coming from an area where the minimap shows no friendly players. I might not always move on whoever is there, but I don't turn my back on that location either.

This is part of the problem, there are spotting flares and spotting scopes and audio cues and squadmates in VOIP and so on all of which can alert opposing players to your location, but a lot of players just assume, there was no way that guy could have seen me so he must be using a hack. And sometimes he is, it can just be hard to know how often that's true. In PUBG they release stats on bans so players have a pretty good idea of how bad it can be, at least in the AS region. But of course EA doesn't do that, they seem to think sweeping it under the carpet makes it go away. Some of the old stats analysis services were very useful in this regard--Cheat-O-Meter, iStats, BF4DB--but EA wanted them gone too.

So here we are, no rented servers, no outside anti-cheat services and no admins to use them, just whatever feeble effort EA is putting into the problem and of course their traditional radio silence on the subject. If they actually wanted to kill BF on the PC platform they really couldn't be doing a better job.
  • ZeeriosTM
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are HWbanning cheaters from Apex legends.. Should give HWbans to bf5 players too... today see someform of new hack. Ppl spawning AP mines everywhere. One point we were fighting in tight place and suddenly 3 AP mines popped in middle of our squad and killed all of us. Killer was totally somewhere else.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12853 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 31
    @ZeeriosTM
    That's strictly not indicative of cheating though.

I can lay multiple AP mines in ditches and sly areas where there is high infantry traffic but concealed in doorways or grass and if I get killed but DONT deploy any more AP mines, the ones i laid before death don't go away.
This discussion has been closed.