I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• daRkshaDo34
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For a while it seemed to get better (maybe 4-6 weeks) but it back to the same old rampant cheating - aimbot, wallhacks. Maybe Dice found a way to identify the previous set of cheats but now there seems to be a whole new version. Its almost unplayable.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    If you suspect a cheater, look for the name in Origin.

If you see an account that looks like this, then it most likely being used as a generic account at an internet cafe.

99% of the people I suspect are cheating are coming from accounts like this. 

Besides, they have every origin game listed in the account - and what normal player can have every game?

I see agreat many accounts like this where I play. I would tend to agree - I mentioned the idea to a friend of mine who lives in China (has done since he was young; speaks really good Chinese) and he agreed unreservedly. The cheats are all part of the service that the internet cafes offer. The usernames are often a string of numbers like 10536232. I originally thought they were QQ addresses, but they're just random usernames for accounts run by cafes.
  • Nanowize
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    Today, in every single game I played, I came across cheaters. When I speculate them, some play by toggling the hack and the other just go full swing and get the score of 90-0 with an iron-sighted sniper. I will stop playing it until EA addresses it. It is no longer fun to play BF5. 
  • GirthQQuakes
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating on pc is rampant. Worst I've seen in any BF game. Very disappointed. 
  • lI_BIG_DADDY_Il
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jog0ff said:
    just out of 'jail' :) mean got ban for a couple of days for saying how badly this game is broken :)
    gave the game a shot, second round, Aerodrome, 50/1 super pro .. game off
    to be precise, was camping almost whole round sniping noobs and managed to get 16 kills and a few deaths so how, for the love of God, pro-guy got 50? next one was around 40 with alot of deaths ... or just getting old :)
    No you didn't, you got banned for profanity.  Thats a big difference.

Rules are rules - so his ban for profanity is ok BUT...................

Can anyone at EA understand how fustrating it is that a guy that uses swearwords in the Forum immediately gets a ban - but a guy using blatant cheats in game and ruining the game for everyone can play for many weeks before (maybe) getting a ban!

Cheaters are stealing the gaming experience we have paid you for - yet your anti-cheat efforts are simply not working when blatant cheaters can play for weeks and even months.
    (I know cause I played with on today that had blatant aim hack and he was reported with video weeks ago and there are several videos of him on youtube - but he is still allowed to play.............)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [quote]Did EA ever (re)introduce the messages when a player gets banned on the server you're playing on?[/quote]

They said they were trying to bring it back, implying that there is a technical reason for it not working.  Given how little the current DICE staff seem to know about how Frostbite and the rest of their software works, that might actually be a believable explanation.

• DigitalHype
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did EA ever (re)introduce the messages when a player gets banned on the server you're playing on?

No. In order to do that, they would first have to add back the feature of FF that would ban players due to abnormal/impossible activity. The server-side realtime stat monitoring is gone. It used to be that if a player was obviously rage cheating, FF would ban them on the spot after about 2-3 minutes. That doesn't happen anymore. I've seen a rage cheater play 3 or 4 rounds in a row.
  • Carbonic
    1214 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Can anyone at EA understand how fustrating it is that a guy that uses swearwords in the Forum immediately gets a ban - but a guy using blatant cheats in game and ruining the game for everyone can play for many weeks before (maybe) getting a ban!
    I'm sure they understand it. However, a quick note here is that most gamers don't understand that the complexity involved in a forum-ban compared to a game-ban are completely different.
    Compared to a game-ban a forum-ban is quite simple, there are few privacy, GDPR etc. issues you need to take into account. They are easy to issue, they are easily enforced and they are easy to prove. With a forum-ban, you don't take something away which someone paid for. EA is not obliged to give anyone forum access. They can ask dedicated Battlefield fans, like me, to help moderate a forum even though they don't work for EA. Just thought I would put that out there in case people thought the two types of bans were even remotely easy to issue.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of the reasons I believe cheating has become worse in BFV is it is such a bad game to play legitimately. You can't see people due to the awful 'visuals over gameplay' design agenda, and thanks to the glorification of the turrent playstyle, AP mines and STILL boatloads of snipers there's a "move and die" meta, making it extremely hard to have more than a couple of engagements a minute without dying (unless you play Breakthrough, which is frustrating for many other reasons) so you need to adopt a very defensive play-style, even more so than BF3. So it's either a really boring, or a really frustrating game to play. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of borderline cheaters who skirt with the idea might be pushed over the edge. Not that that is an excuse of course.

One of the best things the devs can do for anti-cheat is actually make the game fun to play legitimately, which the game currently really struggles with. I have only a days play-time in this game, and at this point in BF1's release cycle launch I think I'd had about 10 times that amount, I have to be in such a patient mood to even approach playing it - that's not a good pre-requisite to protect your game from on-the-fence cheaters who might just think "sod it".
    I completely subscribe to this school of thought. A lot guys have a choice to either drop the game or cheat on it, because otherwise they don't find it enjoyable. Hell, I can only play Frontlines, since it is the only mode I manage to have fun in. But this was easy to predict even before Alpha by the decisions/mechanics they publized. Considering they even tacked on Royale, preventing wallhacks should have been first priority.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes unfortunately it dosnt take long to find a free undetectable aimbot and wall hack, That has built in screenshot protection and Fairfight analytics that warn you if your actions are likely to trigger a ban ...OH AND DID I SAY ITS A FREE CHEAT!!!!! pathetic EA
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:

I'm sure they understand it. However, a quick note here is that most gamers don't understand that the complexity involved in a forum-ban compared to a game-ban are completely different.
    Compared to a game-ban a forum-ban is quite simple, there are few privacy, GDPR etc. issues you need to take into account. They are easy to issue, they are easily enforced and they are easy to prove. With a forum-ban, you don't take something away which someone paid for. EA is not obliged to give anyone forum access. They can ask dedicated Battlefield fans, like me, to help moderate a forum even though they don't work for EA. Just thought I would put that out there in case people thought the two types of bans were even remotely easy to issue.
    What? Most gamers don't understand that issuing a game ban is more complex than a forum ban? You really think people are that stupid? How is it that thought actually went through your brain? Anyone.. can any of the BF players in this thread put up your hand if you had no idea that banning someone from a game is more complex than banning someone from the game forum? Anyone?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags Another post smacked down. Not a single edit sigh. Can ea throw this spam filter in the toilet. Its beyond annoying.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    Carbonic said:

What? Most gamers don't understand that issuing a game ban is more complex than a forum ban? You really think people are that stupid? How is it that thought actually went through your brain? Anyone.. can any of the BF players in this thread put up your hand if you had no idea that banning someone from a game is more complex than banning someone from the game forum? Anyone?
    Maybe the people mad at receiving a forum ban which i assume hes referencing to?
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    Carbonic said:

Because there are some people who cannot differentiate between the two.  They question the degree of forum regulation whilst obvious in-game cheaters are going unpunished, and they get frustrated by it.  I can sympathises if someone feels frustrated with the cheating, but to compare its management on how a forum is managed serves no purpose, they are separate entities.  Scroll back through the 210 pages, there are more than one example of this mindset.
  • CSO7777
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    Micas99 said:What? Most gamers don't understand that issuing a game ban is more complex than a forum ban? You really think people are that stupid? How is it that thought actually went through your brain? Anyone.. can any of the BF players in this thread put up your hand if you had no idea that banning someone from a game is more complex than banning someone from the game forum? Anyone?
    People making these claims are probably doing it in rage, just like your post - toxic.

This thread looses a lot of credibility due to all the toxic posting...
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cso7777 said:
    Micas99 said:What? Most gamers don't understand that issuing a game ban is more complex than a forum ban? You really think people are that stupid? How is it that thought actually went through your brain? Anyone.. can any of the BF players in this thread put up your hand if you had no idea that banning someone from a game is more complex than banning someone from the game forum? Anyone?
    People making these claims are probably doing it in rage, just like your post - toxic.

This thread looses a lot of credibility due to all the toxic posting...
    What credibility is being lost due to this supposed toxicity? You think people will assume there is no cheating problem in the game simply because you don't like some of the posts? It is an objective reality that the anti-cheat in the game is very poor, and somehow a bad attitude is going to suddenly make that reality different? One thing has absolutely nothing with the other, and again we go down this rabbit hole where people bicker about style when in fact this entire thread is specifically about how bad the anti-cheat is in BF games. Nothing anyone says is going to change the reality that the anti-cheat sucks, and that's entirely the fault of Dice, releasing multiple games in succession that have no effective anti-cheat.  When is that going to be fixed? Hello? Dice?

The post editor and the spam filter.. ugh
  • Micas99
    editing my post put it in the spam filter.. should have known better
  • SquaddFather
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating Hacking is insane in BF5, im almost sick of playing it , its like why put yourself even threw this and getting this ticked off, if EA wants the hackers have the game then let them have.
    Unless people are charged a fine like $50.00 plus re'buy the game cheating hacking is never going to stop . So back to then why play it if you have to deal with cheating hacking .
This discussion has been closed.