I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• P90Zeta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    [post removed due to N&S]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    P90zeta, put a link in the comments directly to his origin profile in a browser. Makes reporting easier
  • P90Zeta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Already reported via Origin and now I'm uploading a video on YT.
    *removed for violation*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If you had read this thread, or even the forum rules, you would know that you cannot name & shame.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Riflen said:
    Riflen said:
    CaptHotah said:
    I checked the hackers i recorded back in November (6 months ago) on BFTracker and i wasnt surprised to see that they still play today. Hackers are NOT getting banned. I got proof of that. Of 11 of them that i recorded they all still play TODAY. What's your excuse DICE???

You can change your ID in Origin. There are market places on line that sell compromised Origin accounts with Battlefield V associated. These accounts cost less than a dollar each and thousands are sold each month.
    If an account is banned, they simply change the ID, buy another compromised account (or select one from the 20 they bought already), change the ID to match what they were using before, then continue playing.
    When you or I check the tracker site for the account, it looks at first glance like the account has had no action against it, when actually it's a different account with the ID changed. This is very common.
    OK. But if the are hardware banning, would not that fix this issue? or it so simple to spoof hardware ID?
    I've read a comment by a DICE employee that indicated that they do use hardware id bans for BFV and have done since the game was launched. This came out of a discussion about Apex Legends and hardware bans that have been happening in that game.
    Obviously they're not going to explain at any length how this system or systems work, but it's reasonable to conclude that being hardware banned is considerably more inconvenient for the people using cheats. Nothing is impossible to circumvent, but the goal is not to make it impossible, only to put it beyond the reasonable reach of most people choosing to use these cheats.

I think most of us realize there is no way to totally stop hack use, but we'd like to see EA at least make a serious effort to suppress cheating. But their policies suggest they are not interested in that, for example some of their "rent-a-game" programs like Game Time have been open invitations to cheaters who could open as many free (and disposable) accounts as they pleased so being banned was no more than a minor annoyance which briefly interrupted their trolling. If someone caught using a hack in one EA game is allowed to continue playing other EA games he has access to, that shows EA is not really serious about discouraging cheating--if they were, being caught cheating would result in a ban from all EA games. EA also says they don't do warning suspensions in BFV, it's a permanent ban on the first offense and it's been that way since launch. But someone posted a screen shot of a Fair Fight suspension notice sent to a player, so while it's nice to know FF is doing something, it does appear that permanent bans have not been the rule since launch and that leaves me wondering how much we can rely on their announcements on this issue. To my amazement Buehole/PUBG Corp. seems to be taking cheating more seriously than EA, perhaps because their hit game relies more on the PC platform. They are at least being aggressive in dealing with hack users (and sellers), I wish EA would follow their lead, but I don't think EA cares about PC gaming anymore so they just are not going to work up a sweat over this.
  • AvocadoPablo
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you had read this thread, or even the forum rules, you would know that you cannot name & shame.

Why not?  That seems to be our only recourse since DICE refuses to do anything despite CLEAR evidence of hacking.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12622 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @AvocadoPablo
    Why not?

Because the rules say so.

• Mhill2029
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find it hilarious that posting a Hackers username is against the TOS. I mean really? It's a username, not their home address for god sake. The community is just passionate about the game, and they pay their hard earned money for it.  All they are doing is taking the initiative to get it this type of activity nipped in the bud ASAP. But nooo, you get reprimanded for trying to protect the game and the community.

From what I've seen, reporting doesn't do a thing. Look it's like this, if they continue to turn a blind eye or not give a hoot about cheaters then have fun releasing new content with a community of 0. They are only harming themselves and future developments by not showing any indication things are being done.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12622 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It's also against TOS to cheat and hack in BF V. 
    Yes,  Yes it is.

Yet, we post a known hackers name on a discussion board and it gets addressed in 5-10 minutes.

What a joke.
    And that sir,  Is discussing moderation ( which can result in an infraction ) 

So please don't.
  • g0merpile
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @AvocadoPablo
    Why not?

Because the rules say so.

Way to funny. Cause the rules say so.
  • AvocadoPablo
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How can I get a known, 1000% for sure hacker banned?

I, along with my clanmates, have reported this person 15+ times over the last 2 weeks.  The guy is clearly cheating, and even admitted over voice comms to me that he is a hacker when I got random squaded with him.  He carried us to victory that game with 15 or 16 kills, openly admitting he knew where everyone was and nailing headshot after headshot with a kar 98.

His K/D is 16.2 - He is very, VERY clearly a cheater.  Yet, I'm still getting killed by him about once a day in firestorm squad matchers.  Again, My clanmates and I have reported him 15+ times already and nothing's been done.  Judging by his Conquest/Grand Operations stats, he is a rampant cheater there too and has been for a long time....

I know rules go against posting his user account name here, so I won't....but I'm just at a loss at how to get this clear, rampant cheater banned.  Does DICE just have no interest in addressing these issues?  Their anti-cheat has done nothing to deal with him, and our 15+ reports have done nothing....  

The firestorm community is not going to tolerate hackers like this.  And there's plenty more than this guy but he just doesn't even try to hide what he's doing, yet still isn't banned.  No wonder so many people are cheating in this game.  There's zero enforcement.  The battle royale community isn't going to accept things like this.  DICE, if you want to get serious about being a popular battle royale, the hackers are gonna have to go.  No exceptions.  Get it together, please, before firestorm is completely dead.  If obvious, rampant cheaters like this are allowed to continue to play, I along with my clan will be moving to another game.
  • bran1986
    5600 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I, along with my clanmates, have reported this person 15+ times over the last 2 weeks.  The guy is clearly cheating, and even admitted over voice comms to me that he is a hacker when I got random squaded with him.  He carried us to victory that game with 15 or 16 kills, openly admitting he knew where everyone was and nailing headshot after headshot with a kar 98.

His K/D is 16.2 - He is very, VERY clearly a cheater.  Yet, I'm still getting killed by him about once a day in firestorm squad matchers.  Again, My clanmates and I have reported him 15+ times already and nothing's been done.  Judging by his Conquest/Grand Operations stats, he is a rampant cheater there too and has been for a long time....

I know rules go against posting his user account name here, so I won't....but I'm just at a loss at how to get this clear, rampant cheater banned.  Does DICE just have no interest in addressing these issues?  Their anti-cheat has done nothing to deal with him, and our 15+ reports have done nothing....  

The firestorm community is not going to tolerate hackers like this.  And there's plenty more than this guy but he just doesn't even try to hide what he's doing, yet still isn't banned.  No wonder so many people are cheating in this game.  There's zero enforcement.  The battle royale community isn't going to accept things like this.  DICE, if you want to get serious about being a popular battle royale, the hackers are gonna have to go.  No exceptions.  Get it together, please, before firestorm is completely dead.  If obvious, rampant cheaters like this are allowed to continue to play, I along with my clan will be moving to another game.
    Fairfight tends to work in 'ban waves" when they occur no one knows since DICE no longer has ban messages in the chat. You can report a player and they might not be banned for a month or longer, whenever the next ban wave happens.
  • AvocadoPablo
    Firestorm is such a good mode.  DICE really knocked it out of the park, and I believe Firestorm has great potential when it comes to becoming a player in the battle royale scene.

It is very unfortunate that DICE has such a poor approach to hacker management.  Professional gamers and the community at large who follow them will never take Firestorm seriously because of this.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is such a good mode.  DICE really knocked it out of the park, and I believe Firestorm has great potential when it comes to becoming a player in the battle royale scene.

It is very unfortunate that DICE has such a poor approach to hacker management.  Professional gamers and the community at large who follow them will never take Firestorm seriously because of this.

FYI, DICE didn't design Firestorm, Criterion (another design studio owned by EA) is responsible for that game.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Fairfight tends to work in 'ban waves" when they occur no one knows since DICE no longer has ban messages in the chat. You can report a player and they might not be banned for a month or longer, whenever the next ban wave happens.
    What leads you to think that Fairfight is active in BF5? I've been hearing about this mythical "ban wave" thing for months now. 
  • parkingbrake
    Micas99 said:
    bran1986 said:
    What leads you to think that Fairfight is active in BF5? I've been hearing about this mythical "ban wave" thing for months now. 
    So cheaters are complaining about FairFight bans in BFV on hack user forums just for laughs, none of them has really been banned? FairFight might have become obsolete in the same way PunkBuster did, or EA might even have told FF to keep the number of bans down (I wouldn't put that past them). But given that someone posted a screenshot of a FF ban notice here awhile back it does seem that FF is being used in BFV however ineffectively. As the aphorism goes, don't ascribe to malice that which might be simple incompetence.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of players get banned midmatch recently (it was why I asked earlier in the thread about ban notices) - both times they were blatantly cheating. Both times their disconnect was different from what you usually see.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like EA want to kill the series through their existing poor decisions in BF V. Certainly going the right direction for sure with no RSP and no strong clientside ac to help clean up the cheating to a high degree.

Couldn't care less if and what comes next.. won't be spending a cent if this is how they treat all the loyal, clean customers after spending their hard earned money on their game. Have bought every BF to date and this is by far the worst treatment/customer service/game support in relation to cheating and building communities, as we have done in every previous BF. All the core elements taken away and for what? Hurting their sales, killing off communities, causing frustration in game and on their forums, letting cheaters run free..

Maybe they are aiming for something higher than the golden poo award!
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Your only hope of getting any response on this is by posting it on Reddit or Twitter.
This discussion has been closed.