I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Coming from console I played for a short time on PC (About a week) and I didn't see any blatant cheaters. BUT I thought so many players have such good aim. I mean I thought I had good aim with a mouse but apparently alot of players have good aim too. It made me wonder could some of them be running aim bots?
  • parkingbrake
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If EA are serious about cheating, they need to get together with other game publishers and lobby governments to make the use of commercial cheats illegal in the same way that counterfeiting and commercial copyright infringement is illegal. As a consumer, I have the right to enjoy whatever I've bought without someone else infringing my right to enjoy it. Banning cheaters is ineffective at best, because of the constant arms race between the cheat programmers and anti-cheat software. I'm not saying this would eliminate cheating altogether, but it would make these cheat sites think twice if they're expecting a knock on their door from the police and being forced to pay massive damages.
    That's what the movie and recording industries did, and they were successful to a huge extent in getting laws changed in many nations to protect their copyrights.  Of course the internet has made pirating of movies and music easier, but some of the companies that did it openly have been knocked down.  Things like movie piracy cant' be stopped, but they can be suppressed and made more difficult, e.g. movie studios have been winning court cases in which internet providers are ordered to block access to movie and music piracy sites.  I'm amazed the video game industry--which is now bigger than the movie and music industries combined--don't pool their resources and lobby governments to change laws so hack sellers face criminal charges in additional to the lawsuits which some game companies have already used.  Some countries already consider it a criminal offense, no different from distributing software containing malware, PUBG Corp. has tipped off authorities in China to hack sellers who had malware in their hacks and those guys ended up in handcuffs.  I see no reason that couldn't happen in other nations, but the game publishers have to care about the issue and in the case of EA they clearly do not.
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Micas99 wrote: »
    iRacing? I'm thinking of going back to it.

Iracing , project cars 2 , and gt sport (sim cade) usually. It just gives me a break from most fps games and cheaters. Have a whole rig along with VR lol.
    I've seen project cars 2 with VR, it looks mind blowing .... looking to get a VR kit myself at some point.
  • CaptHotah
    997 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Coming from console I played for a short time on PC (About a week) and I didn't see any blatant cheaters. BUT I thought so many players have such good aim. I mean I thought I had good aim with a mouse but apparently alot of players have good aim too. It made me wonder could some of them be running aim bots?

Thats very very rarely. Usually hackers are very obvious and land impossible shots.
  • TFBisquit
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, biggest advantage comes from wallhack. TTK is already quick, and knowing where everyone is makes it easier to do well, and still have fun at the same time.
    I suppose damage modifiers, making it hardcore in essence, comes as a good second, while still having fun playing.
    Aimbotting just isn't fun, and they only use it to quickly unlock stuff and go max rank in a short time.
    I can't imagine someone aimbotting for hours and hours. I could be surprised though...
  • CSO7777
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aiming is in general faster and more precise with a mouse than with a controller.

When I watch youtube-footage of good console players (Brokenmachine, GetGoodguy etc), I am often are amazed at how "slow" their aiming is compared to PC-gaming. But thats just the nature of using a controller, and it's also the reason that mixing PC-players and Console-players is not really a possibility for FPS-games (until Consoles get m+k at least).
  • Hercules728
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    [Rumor mill]Looks like some heavy bonus cuts are about to happen at dice la. Front line workers are about to get hit hard(about 50%) unfairly the execs are only taking a 25% hit so that can kind of tell you the future still looks pretty bleak. Even with bad company 3 on the horizon I'm not optimistic in the slightest for any changes in the anti cheat or the game itself.
    I will not be buying BC3 unless massive drastic changes happen to BFV.  If others feel the same, I recommend they become extremely vocal.
    They can stick BC3 where the sun doesn't shine . I'm done . Trying to use the Bad Company name as a hook . EA get lost . 
    Post edited by Hercules728 on
  • TheNoobPolice
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Yeah, biggest advantage comes from wallhack. TTK is already quick, and knowing where everyone is makes it easier to do well, and still have fun at the same time.
    I suppose damage modifiers, making it hardcore in essence, comes as a good second, while still having fun playing.
    Aimbotting just isn't fun, and they only use it to quickly unlock stuff and go max rank in a short time.
    I can't imagine someone aimbotting for hours and hours. I could be surprised though...
    Reads like the voice of experience, worryingly.
  • Micas99
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    iRacing? I'm thinking of going back to it.

Iracing , project cars 2 , and gt sport (sim cade) usually. It just gives me a break from most fps games and cheaters. Have a whole rig along with VR lol.
    I also saw those reports (the quartering) of the financial issues at Dice. The worker bees will take a bigger shave then executives.. which is just so typical. Patrick Söderlund ("don't like it, don't buy it") took a 20 mil bonus, then quit. Some are predicting the closing of Dice LA. I wouldn't be shocked in BF is just abandoned. It's not a growing franchise. If each new BF game is selling less, and generating less revenue, why in the world would EA want to keep making it?

So what is the implication with respect to the topic of this thread? Think EA is going to fund anti-cheat efforts in a failing game? The entire thing is failing financially, and because EA is on a cost saving rampage, there's just no way the cheat issue is going to be a priority. There won't be that prophesied ban wave. 

Going a bit OT (I'll stop, promise), but I was an investor in SMS' development of Project CARS.. and I made bank. It was glorious. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    I also saw those reports (the quartering) of the financial issues at Dice. The worker bees will take a bigger shave then executives.. which is just so typical. Patrick Söderlund ("don't like it, don't buy it") took a 20 mil bonus, then quit. Some are predicting the closing of Dice LA. I wouldn't be shocked in BF is just abandoned. It's not a growing franchise. If each new BF game is selling less, and generating less revenue, why in the world would EA want to keep making it?

Counterpoint - apart from EA sports (and it's important to consider this separately, as sports video games are basically their own sub-industry), EA doesn't right now have any steadily growing franchises do they?

It's too early to tell for Apex Legends how profitable it will become. It's free so player numbers are high of course, but it's still leagues behind Fortnite popularity, and people only have so much time to be playing BR games and typically only spend money in their favourite one - basically, the market can't be watered down too much and expect to maintain the same profits-per-title.

The Quartering has been correct on some things, but I've disagreed with him on others or his sources haven't been entirely correct. I really hope DICE LA don't get the kick as it would be the second time that team will have been reabsorbed into another brand. It all depends on how much EA feels that SWBF2 & BFV have damaged the reputation of the DICE brand name. It's hard to argue that there is not more respect in the public sphere for the Respawn brand at the moment though.

• Micas99
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:

Counterpoint - apart from EA sports (and it's important to consider this separately, as sports video games are basically their own sub-industry), EA doesn't right now have any steadily growing franchises do they?

Dragon Age.. which Bioware needs desperately to get right. I don't necessarily have a problem with the 'games as a service' model, and I don't mind cosmetic micro-transactions (I don't buy them, but cool for anyone else that likes that stuff), but if Bioware can't get back on track with a game that should be in their wheel-house, they're in big trouble. I certainly don't expect the next DA game to be on par with cyberpunk in terms of scope and scale, but they need to make the core audience happy. If it tanks, there's really nothing left for Bioware. The damage to Mass Effect was severe so they need to actually deliver to exceed expectations, not just throw out something ordinary. If DA is universally praised, then Bioware gets a chance at resurrecting Mass Effect.

Ultimately, I'm just so annoyed that BF is in this state. I'm playing BF4 now and generally enjoying it again, despite the obvious cheats. BF4 does have better anti-cheat then BF1 and BF5, so I guess that's something. I've played about 40 hours of BF5. I've played over 4000 in BF4. 
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nope, your console/Xim training wheels just came off and revealed your true level. Had you kept at it, you would likely have improved, but you proved to be a fellow that needs his safe space. Not surprised in the least. Hope you got your money back.
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Alot of the team working on Mass Effect Andromeda were moved over to the Anthem project during production, which despite impressive first impressions during the alpha testing ..... has ended up facing fierce criticism as a whole.  Andromeda meanwhile felt the consequences of that move. 
    Dragons Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Anthem have all ended up using the frostbite engine, which was influence by Patrick Söderlund trying to get all EA games under one umbrella for the sake of simplicity and sharing information on problem solving.  Make or break time for Bioware, who in the past have delivered good titles.
  • parkingbrake
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner said:
    Micas99 said:
    Oh that thread is golden..

Multiplayer Producer
    12 points·6 months ago

It means we don't talk about anti cheat details as it tips off the cheat makers. But we are doing quite well on that front, is all I can say.

"doing quite well" can be interpreted very differently depending on what you compare against.
    If you imagine a man killing mosquitoes in a large mosquito swarm, then he can perform very well, but overall he will perform so badly that it does not make a difference, this is where Dice and Fairfight are now.

Agree with TFBisquit, i think this generation of consoles is the last to be classified as cheat-free too.

Current consoles are cheat-free only if you don't think aftermarket controllers with built-in cheat macros qualify as cheating.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21

Nope, your console/Xim training wheels just came off and revealed your true level. Had you kept at it, you would likely have improved, but you proved to be a fellow that needs his safe space. Not surprised in the least. Hope you got your money back.

Haha funny. yeah 3 hours I put on PC are a representative sample? Sure thing.

The fact that my accuracy on console and PC are nearly the same...

Yeah you're onto something..

Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • TFBisquit
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Reads like the voice of experience, worryingly.
    Back in the day some cheated to win clan wars, while there was no physical reward, the emotional part was something they did it for. To brag about etc.
    I already knew from sp trainers that it takes all the real fun away, like in unlimited credits in sim city and the likes.
    Or unlimited ammo in shooters, so you could blast your way through the levels.
    We all had those moments were it was easier than expected, being in a round filled with noobs, or so we call them. Hardly exciting, and not even worth the time to spend, to unlock things.
    Then we can unlock some minor things through combined arms, which is handy, but not very exciting, just time consuming.
    A shortcut. No fun at all actually.
    It's not so hard to imagine what drives people to use such cheats, especially in this game, but I still hope the day will come they are banned on the spot, and we can enjoy a real game of skill and experience.

• JPhysics
    edited April 20
    I remember back in 8-bit gaming when cheats consisted of inputting a sequence of keys strokes etc to obtain unlimited resources, life, or access to levels.  I began QA testing back then, they were back doors left in by the programmers to allows us to freely play test the games and push them to their limits without worrying about consequences .... and then came the likes of devices such as the game genie, which opened the doors to what we have today rofl  :D
  • BaronVonGoon
    I remember iddqd, iddfa
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That was uncalled for.

I had you down as someone a bit more reasonable than that.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That was uncalled for.

I had you down as someone a bit more reasonable than that.

Prob just not a fan of xim users. Me neither but yeah that was bit much :/