I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• JoshuaBlahyii
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters in Grind mode completely ruin the round.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1977 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Coming from console I played for a short time on PC (About a week) and I didn't see any blatant cheaters. BUT I thought so many players have such good aim. I mean I thought I had good aim with a mouse but apparently alot of players have good aim too. It made me wonder could some of them be running aim bots?

Nope, your console/Xim training wheels just came off and revealed your true level. Had you kept at it, you would likely have improved, but you proved to be a fellow that needs his safe space. Not surprised in the least. Hope you got your money back.

Haha funny. yeah 3 hours I put on PC are a representative sample? Sure thing.

The fact that my accuracy on console and PC are nearly the same...

Yeah you're onto something..

You are confusing accuracy with lethality and overall game skill. And of course your accuracy would be the same on console and PC, as you seemed unable to stop using the XIM and let slowdown do the tracking for you. How do I know this? Well because your headshot/kill ratio is extremely, uncharacteristically low at 4 percent (taken from your top two ARs). The average for mouse users hovers around 15-25 percent, the difference being explained by slowdown's body hitbox magnetism. So how did this work out for you: "Should use the Xim on PC and start fueding with the PC folks here. Lol"

You sold your XBox and went shopping for a gaming PC specifically for BFV and other shooters, in the hopes that "As a fan of military shooters, I think I'll have more fun on PC than the super casual cartoony shooters console is going for these days." The thing is, I'm convinced you would have had more fun, if only you would have been prepared to adjust to a level playing field and invest effort in getting better. But instead you discovered that PC is a less forgiving platform and your inflated self-image (abundantly documented on this forum) took a hit you weren't willing to recover from.

"After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console." Well, I see the allure of shooting unaware controller users overrode the technically superior experience PC has to offer. I'm willing to be I'm on to something.

Whilst I'm sorry to expose others to a personal feud, this matter is relevant to the thread. Hackusations, or in this case, aimbot suspicions, are fed by an incorrect understanding of what is humanly possible, or even platform-typical. I watched myself kill Stodeh a couple of times from a recording of his stream, and in both cases his deaths to Suomi were practically instantaneous. Getting repeatedly subjected to such an experience with no possibility to react is sure to fuel suspicions unless you yourself are capable of dishing out such punishment. I'm not top tier, and still I get daily hackusations.

• TheNoobPolice
    1541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

"After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console." Well, I see the allure of shooting unaware controller users overrode the technically superior experience PC has to offer.

..... I'm not top tier, and still I get daily hackusations.

This first part made me howl with laughter. Have mercy mate haha

And in regards to the second point, that's only because no one is top tier in this game, as there is literally no skill gap. One could have played first person shooters for 30000 hours for over ten years, and would still get repeatedly owned by an invisible idiot on his first day in a shooter laying prone with an MMG or by a guy constantly just laying invisible AP mines and then running back to his spawn. It's not like being good or bad at this game means anything unlike in most other shooters where at least there is some barometer of player standard.
  • ViolationofDerp
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    Hackusations, or in this case, aimbot suspicions, are fed by an incorrect understanding of what is humanly possible, or even platform-typical. I watched myself kill Stodeh a couple of times from a recording of his stream, and in both cases his deaths to Suomi were practically instantaneous. Getting repeatedly subjected to such an experience with no possibility to react is sure to fuel suspicions unless you yourself are capable of dishing out such punishment. I'm not top tier, and still I get daily hackusations.

Not supporting your personal agenda against this guy here, but I'll second this part of the comment. Also one should take in consideration, while watching streams of good players, that streaming usually takes place at 60 fps or lower, while many players are playing on screens with 120 fps or more.
    I'd like to add in the  ~ 240 hrs of playtime, I still haven't encountered many cheaters, and all the cheaters I reported (with video proof ofc) got a ban sooner or later.
    EDIT: Citation gone wrong.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BaronVonGoon said:

MachoFantast1c0 wrote: »

BaronVonGoon wrote: »
    Coming from console I played for a short time on PC (About a week) and I didn't see any blatant cheaters. BUT I thought so many players have such good aim. I mean I thought I had good aim with a mouse but apparently alot of players have good aim too. It made me wonder could some of them be running aim bots?

Nope, your console/Xim training wheels just came off and revealed your true level. Had you kept at it, you would likely have improved, but you proved to be a fellow that needs his safe space. Not surprised in the least. Hope you got your money back.

You are confusing accuracy with lethality and overall game skill. And of course your accuracy would be the same on console and PC, as you seemed unable to stop using the XIM and let slowdown do the tracking for you. How do I know this? Well because your headshot/kill ratio is extremely, uncharacteristically low at 4 percent (taken from your top two ARs). The average for mouse users hovers around 15-25 percent, the difference being explained by slowdown's body hitbox magnetism. So how did this work out for you: "Should use the Xim on PC and start fueding with the PC folks here. Lol"
    You sold your XBox and went shopping for a gaming PC specifically for BFV and other shooters, in the hopes that "As a fan of military shooters, I think I'll have more fun on PC than the
    super casual cartoony shooters console is going for these days." The thing is, I'm convinced you would have had more fun, if only you would have been prepared to adjust to a level playing field and invest effort in getting better. But instead you discovered that PC is a less forgiving platform and your inflated self-image (abundantly documented on this forum) took a hit you weren't willing to recover from.

"After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console." Well, I see the allure of shooting unaware controller users overrode the technically superior experience PC has to offer. I'm willing to be I'm on to something.
    Whilst I'm sorry to expose others to a personal feud, this matter is relevant to the thread. Hackusations, or in this case, aimbot suspicions, are fed by an incorrect understanding of what is humanly possible, or even platform-typical. I watched myself kill Stodeh a couple of times from a recording of his stream, and in both cases his deaths to Suomi were practically instantaneous. Getting repeatedly subjected to such an experience with no possibility to react is sure to fuel suspicions unless you yourself are capable of dishing out such punishment. I'm not top tier, and still I get daily hackusations.

Lmao talk about obsessed.

Personal fued loool yeah I had a few fueds with other ppl around here over the years but atleast I recognize their names. Yours is a one-sided fued friend, never heard of you.

BUT I'm quite flattered by your post. And a little creeped out. You really did some digging there getting old quotes from me. Creepy.

Oh and I sold my Xbox and returned the computer because I realized I just don't have the interest anymore in gaming. At least for now with a son, another one on the way and being constantly busy working with confidential government data, gaming is not on the mind right now.

P.s. I need someone to write my forum biography, interested? Send me a draft by July.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just came off a round on Rotterdam with one player out-killing and outscoring the rest of the top 10 on his team combined. Headshots everywhere.

Checked his stats... He's in the bottom 15% for pretty much any metric that counts...

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And as for the feud... Guys, go get a room or something. At the very least please take it elsewhere.
  • parkingbrake
    3124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters in Grind mode completely ruin the round.
    Cheaters in any round on any game ruin it. 
    True, but cheaters have traditionally been drawn to certain game modes for various reasons, including that especially chaotic close-action modes can allow them to blend in and escape notice.  I'm seeing a lot of rank 0-10 players in Grind who somehow finish at the top of the scoreboard.  So either they're really good FPS players who just bought BFV, or they have played BFV before but now have a new account for some reason (like they were banned), or they're new to BFV and they're running a hack.
  • parkingbrake
    3124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You sold your XBox and went shopping for a gaming PC specifically for BFV and other shooters, in the hopes that "As a fan of military shooters, I think I'll have more fun on PC than the super casual cartoony shooters console is going for these days." The thing is, I'm convinced you would have had more fun, if only you would have been prepared to adjust to a level playing field and invest effort in getting better. But instead you discovered that PC is a less forgiving platform and your inflated self-image (abundantly documented on this forum) took a hit you weren't willing to recover from.

Playing one game for awhile can provide a pretty good idea of what is "normal" and what isn't, we've all had those moments where we thought, "Whoa, something wasn't right about that" in various games.  I don't know how many times I've had that reaction and then run a player through the various stats analysis services admins used to have available and had my instincts confirmed, the player was red-flagged due to stats that even a top tier player would find amazing.  Unfortunatley in BFV the game itself can generate such moments, the proverbial one-frame deaths, and that can make it tough to know if that player is getting some outside help or if it's just this broken game.

I try to accept that most of the folks in this game have younger, sharper eyes and younger, faster reflexes, and I was probably spotted, or he heard me, or whatever.  But sometimes things happen that just don't seem to fit into the normal operation of the game, and when it's a rank 3 player who is at the top of the scoreboard, and he dropped me on the run with a pistol from fifty yards, I have to wonder.

My moment of glory was taking down LevelCap and XFactor with two bursts from the same magazine, made LC's video of the week.  That was in BF3, it's been all downhill since.  At least I can take comfort in being hackusation-proof thanks to my laughable stats,  Yet even I take the occasional hackusation, some folks are just primed to spew those around.
  • parkingbrake
    BaronVonGoon said:

You sold your XBox and went shopping for a gaming PC specifically for BFV and other shooters, in the hopes that "As a fan of military shooters, I think I'll have more fun on PC than the
    super casual cartoony shooters console is going for these days." The thing is, I'm convinced you would have had more fun, if only you would have been prepared to adjust to a level playing field and invest effort in getting better. But instead you discovered that PC is a less forgiving platform and your inflated self-image (abundantly documented on this forum) took a hit you weren't willing to recover from.

Personal fued loool yeah I had a few fueds with other ppl around here over the years but atleast I recognize their names. Yours is a one-sided fued friend, never heard of you.

BUT I'm quite flattered by your post. And a little creeped out. You really did some digging there getting old quotes from me. Creepy.

Oh and I sold my Xbox and returned the computer because I realized I just don't have the interest anymore in gaming. At least for now with a son, another one on the way and being constantly busy working with confidential government data, gaming is not on the mind right now.

P.s. I need someone to write my forum biography, interested? Send me a draft by July.
    Dude, this reeks of desperation.  He spiked you into the sod like a golf tee, take the hit and move on.  BTW, clerks at the DMV work with confidential govt. data.

I remain amazed at how many people who no longer play a game still post about it despite being so constantly busy.  If you were still playing and able to see the Firestorm recruits with their "helper software" as it's sometimes called in China then your views would at least have more recent experience behind them.  My unsolicited advice would be to go have fun with your kid(s) and not worry about BFV anymore, but your milage may vary.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    BaronVonGoon said:

BaronVonGoon said:

Dude, this reeks of desperation.  He spiked you into the sod like a golf tee, take the hit and move on.  BTW, clerks at the DMV work with confidential govt. data.

I remain amazed at how many people who no longer play a game still post about it despite being so constantly busy.  If you were still playing and able to see the Firestorm recruits with their "helper software" as it's sometimes called in China then your views would at least have more recent experience behind them.  My unsolicited advice would be to go have fun with your kid(s) and not worry about BFV anymore, but your milage may vary.

I mean if you say so sure no doubt I can't compete with that he wrote a novel about me I don't have the time. But maybe you do? I mean I don't care who writes my biography, maybe you'd like to put something together, compete with him. The more obsessed the better for me.
  • Micas99
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BaronVonGoon said:

He certainly pegs the narcissism meter.. like one of those people you couldn't stand to be around for more than 30 seconds because they're constantly telling you how awesome they are... and then when you walk away, they follow you and keep talking.

Anyway.. I'm curious about this "slowdown" thing. What is that? I tried finding it with google, but ended up looking at something called a "XIM curve", and a reference to "DPI Clutching".  I'm reading this thread and it looks like all these guys are talking about how to control things when ADS, and it seems like they're simulating a bot. They get aim assist and the XIM does the rest.

It seems like most people are less interested in actually playing better, and more interested in exploiting better... which is, of course the way of all things, not just video games. I'm becoming more annoyed, and I really should just stop playing shooters entirely. 
  • TyroneLoyd
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

BaronVonGoon said:

BaronVonGoon said:

He certainly pegs the narcissism meter.. like one of those people you couldn't stand to be around for more than 30 seconds because they're constantly telling you how awesome they are... and then when you walk away, they follow you and keep talking.

Anyway.. I'm curious about this "slowdown" thing. What is that? I tried finding it with google, but ended up looking at something called a "XIM curve", and a reference to "DPI Clutching".  I'm reading this thread and it looks like all these guys are talking about how to control things when ADS, and it seems like they're simulating a bot. They get aim assist and the XIM does the rest.

It seems like most people are less interested in actually playing better, and more interested in exploiting better... which is, of course the way of all things, not just video games. I'm becoming more annoyed, and I really should just stop playing shooters entirely. 

Hes speaking toward the slowdown you receive when you use a controller on console when you aim at a body. This is a partial aim assist that you can on or off. Being that he is using xim hes still has that aim assist with the mouse hes using. Which in some ways can be considered an unfair advantage which is the entire reason of his argument I believe. Would I ever use this product no but its a back and forth discussion about the is it fair or not to use since theres no native mouse support yet.
  • parkingbrake
    Micas99 said:
    BaronVonGoon said:

Argue with me, argue with me, argue with me--(somebody finally does)--You're obsessed with me!

As laughable as my stats are, they're all mine, earned every point without outside help.  I used a DPI shift button on my mouse when that would rotate tank turrets faster, but apparently folks have figured out how to use one for other purposes like snapping around quickly after which they revert to a lower DPI for aiming, they're using a hold-down thumb button when increasing their DPI.  But some folks think it's more of a distraction than anything else.  The console makers need to decide if they're going to make M/K use available for everyone, or take steps to deal with stuff like XIM and the cheat-macro aftermarket controllers, or their repuation as a safe have from cheating is going away.
  • Macfun_CZ
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As far as hackers are concerned, the current situation in BF5 is already critical. DICE is currently doing nothing in this area, and probably resigned the situation. That is why BF5 can face the same fate, as the Division game, which is famous for the enormous amount of hackers, just like BF5. Unfortunately, many of my longtime friends and fans of the Battlefield series have left the game, just for a lot of hackers. We report several suspicious players every day. Some of these suspicious players do not even hide the use of hacks. We will report such a player, and be back in a week or two, because DICE has given up. I also personally consider giving up after many years with the Battlefiled game series. In this case, it was fair if DICE returned their money to the honest players who gave it up, when DICE not being able to take care of their game, or could not afford at least simple protection, such as Easy Cheat, etc. I am very sad, from this.
  • SquaddFather
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What happen to the law being the law for TOS ! If EA actually had the Laws for Terms Of Service in forced by legit lawyers I’m pretty sure it would start to help cure the hacking process !
  • Dwaalledlicht
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So.......219 pages about cheaters. And we have zero news on anything thats being done about it ?
    Would an anti-cheat program be so expensive that EA rather lose players "future buyers" then paying some of the profit money for it ? Or even the cash they hord in now with the ingame shop. And that in a AAA game 80$. Some companies make LOTS of money with a free game AND have a decent anti-cheat.

I'm already skipping some BF releases. But this way I'm gonna skip even more. Or even move to different game :(
This discussion has been closed.