I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• FierceBrosnan007
    998 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    So what you guys are saying is that if EA/Dice actually delivered what they should have, you'd pay extra. 

Would happily pay extra for controllable servers that would have 3rd party AC options available, adjustable player counts (48 being a sweetspot imo), adjustable tickrate etc. Would pay a bit extra for more map packs/factions as well.

RSP & AC and take my money.. not interested in micro transactions and cosmetics one bit.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    So what you guys are saying is that if EA/Dice actually delivered what they should have, you'd pay extra. 
    He said "cheat free", and as we all know that is impossible.  There have been players caught cheating in tournaments run on a LAN, somebody is always going to find a way.  All we can ask is that game publishers suppress cheating enough that it doesn't become the norm, and it doesn't seem like EA takes that very seriously.
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    I'd pay $60 for what they gave us and be willing to pay an extra $20 for their anti-cheat efforts. As long as they were effective. For $60, EA can't justify the investment into anti-cheat. Too complex these days to try and keep up with. Small companies move fast. Large corporations move slow. Losing battle for them, money loser commitment. 
  • SquaddFather
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sad this whole 223 pages hacking and cheating falls on EA's deaf ears, EA really doesn't care and this right here their silence proves it .

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    Ironically, yeah.
  • Hercules728
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It really doesn't matter , they are closing down servers in the UK and now in Ohio . The game is dying out . Pretty soon the cheaters won't have a place to play either . 
  • 5hadyBrady
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ran into several cheaters again today. It's getting to the point to where I don't even want to launch the game anymore. It takes way too long to find a server , join, and see if somebody's on a 90 person killstreak, only to leave the server and try again. Guys are going 100+ kills and single digit deaths with half of the server in the chat calling them out. Which makes it worse because then everybody stops playing and reverts to complaining about the cheater in the chat. Battlefield 5 is a dead game on PC as far as I'm concerned. Not just because of the cheating, but the cheating problem is icing on the cake. There's another split in the community, with tons of players in Firestorm now. I'm starting to notice really really young kids in conquest servers now (i'm talking about like 6 and 7 year olds on the microphone A LOT). I'm guessing it's just a bunch of kids who bought the game for firestorm and found their way in conquest servers.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What would you class as a reasonably effective way?
    Confirming the billing address for any purchase made with a credit card is effective in the online retail industry, that's an example of the sort of thing EA could do, and easily.  Obviously any credit card used to buy a banned account should be blocked from future purchases.  But if a banned cheater tries to use a different card to buy another copy the billing address being the same will stop him.  Yes, there are ways around such things which some cheaters will use to get another account, I'm not suggesting there is a magic bullet.  Like anything done to suppress cheating it's a series of hurdles put in front of cheaters which thin the herd a bit more at every step.

The real question is not whether EA could do it, the question is whether they want to.  Some years back FairFight had some promotional material which contained the words, "Cheaters are customers too".  I took that to mean their one-week warning suspension rather than a permanent ban was a good idea because it could reform cheaters and keep them as customers.  I have to think that EA is okay with cheaters buying multiple accounts, a sale is a sale.  Based on some of their promotional programs like Game Time it's hard not to believe that they are prepared to have cheaters in their games at a rate far higher than legit players find acceptable.  If EA were serious about suppressing cheating, shouldn't a ban in one EA game extend to every other EA title the banned player has access too?

Blizzard sued a company in Germany selling hacks for their games, and won.  PUBG has tipped off the cops in China to hack sellers who include malware in their hacks which the govt. there considers a computer security issue, hack sellers have been arrested.  There are ways a game publisher can at least knock down the problem somewhat, and I think things like credit card bans, linking accounts to phone numbers etc. are worth trying even though some folks will get around them.  There is no way to stop them all, but I think there are ways to reduce their numbers--provided the company in question cares about the PC platform and I doubt EA does at this point.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any chance someone can copy and past all 222 pages of this onto Reddit so we can get a dev response?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/98757/impossible-to-play-without-seeing-a-cheat/p363

The 365 page thread on BF1 got basically one developer response, and that was when he closed the thread.

This is what the future holds.

Greetings,

This thread has been reviewed for relevant information related to concerns regarding cheating and hacking, amidst the hackusations, personal attacks between players, and more. The information has been shared with our anti-cheat team, as they continue to improve our detection and removal methods.

For more information on our continued work to improve fair gameplay, check here. Highlights from the blog are below:
    State of Play: Removing Cheaters

Over the past six months, we’ve steadily ramped up our anti-cheat efforts, working closely with the FairFight team to detect and remove more cheaters than ever before. In October alone, we sanctioned over 8,500 accounts. Since then, instances of cheating have declined. While we have made significant gains, we still can do more.
    Improvements to FairFight In-game Messaging

Battlefield 1 veterans may remember the global messaging that was sent every time FairFight had acted against a player. As we ramped up our efforts against cheaters, these messages became a distraction from other in-game discussions, and they were disabled a few months ago based on your feedback. However, our communication about this created some questions. Going forward, our communication will be more clear, transparent, and proactive.

Soon, you’ll see a new form of FairFight messaging. This will condense the combined bans from the last 24 hours into a single in-game post, sent every few hours.

Our teams will continue to work and improve our anti-cheat initiatives, and with proper reporting, we can identify and remove them.

Name & Shame threads will, as always, continue to be a violation of the forum rules, so report them properly (as noted above).

And, of course, we will continue to field any relevant feedback and constructive criticism, bugs, and suggestions to continue to improve fair gameplay in Battlefield 1.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

(no need to recreate this thread)
  • Hybride_F1
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! Reading this i feel like being spit in my face.

Ok guys let us try to focus on the good things of cheating. At least nobody is complaining about the netcode anymore!! :)
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ok guys let us try to focus on the good things of cheating. At least nobody is complaining about the netcode anymore!! :)
    Literally the thread above this one in the forum is someone complaining about one-frame deaths.
  • BritanniaViking
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's the point in playing BF5 when so many players are using cheats and DICE will not ban them?

• Sp3ckledJ1m
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was on a server today where the cheaters were so brazen they were bragging about having wireframes around all the enemies. I left immediately. It's no wonder I never feel I can improve with such widespread cheating going on.
  • Hybride_F1
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was on a server today where the cheaters were so brazen they were bragging about having wireframes around all the enemies. I left immediately. It's no wonder I never feel I can improve with such widespread cheating going on.
    Totally senseless to play today. Spending most of my time reporting. And how are we supposed to do assignments like this? Hope they will name BF6 to what it will be and call it "cheaterheaven" at least everybody would know what to expect. Irony is all what is left from playing 15 years BF. Well done EA!
  • Blutfleisch
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's the point in playing BF5 when so many players are using cheats and DICE will not ban them?

That one looks like...external radar?  EA/Dice/GameBlocks are you around?

• parkingbrake
    You could have recorded that, sent it to EA, and it would have been ignored just as thousands of other videos have been ignored.  I reported a guy who had a kill streak of 266 (at least a month ago), he's still playing.  That FF either isn't flagging such players or (based on a Twitter comment of someone from EA) being flagged and being banned can be widely separate events.  Can anyone think of any good reason why a cheater flagged by FF could be allowed to continue playing for weeks or months before being banned?  The "ban wave" theory doesn't seem very convincing anymore.
  • 2HoleDoll
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:

Playing BF4 the last few weeks has been sort of surreal.. so many players with 1.2 KDs suddenly godly, and nobody gives a ****. Nobody says a thing in chat when some guy is on a rampage. The player ranks seem odd to me as well. A year ago the vast majority on a server were max rank, but now max rank is rare. I suppose it's banned players getting new accounts, or maybe the few that just want to do the gear grind again for some reason. 

I wonder what the hell Dice is doing now. It must be weird to have a "games as a service" model when the game is shedding players. 
    I have in fact 2 accounts with BF4 ( with this one I´m somewhere around rank 130, with the other around rank 70 ), both active. Multiple accs don´t mean much in and of themselves.

The flood of new accounts is interesting, isn't it.  Either Firestorm has brought in a lot of new players and they're leaking over to other modes, or there are a lot of folks who have had to open new accounts for some reason, LOL.  Last night there was a Rank 3 at the top of the scoreboard, when it was my turn to be killed by him it was one of those, "Whoa, that didn't seem right" moments.  But with this game's network performance being as odd as it is, it can he hard to know if a player did something suspicious or the game just decided to stack up his actions and deliver them to me all at once.
    Oh yeah, my fav. The oneframe death. But it´s way worse in BF3 though.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 25
    You could have recorded that, sent it to EA, and it would have been ignored just as thousands of other videos have been ignored.  I reported a guy who had a kill streak of 266 (at least a month ago), he's still playing.  That FF either isn't flagging such players or (based on a Twitter comment of someone from EA) being flagged and being banned can be widely separate events.  Can anyone think of any good reason why a cheater flagged by FF could be allowed to continue playing for weeks or months before being banned?  The "ban wave" theory doesn't seem very convincing anymore.
    Was there more to it than that?  As in did you see the player do the 266 kill streak, were there other suspicious stats involved, or was it just because of that stat alone?  There is a reason for my curiosity.    We don't know what is flagged and what isn't, and when something is flagged is it manually analysed/investigated before a ban is issued ... sometimes? in all cases?  Perhaps they lack confidence in fairfight's findings not because its detection is unreliable, but because the statistics engine from the actual game can be misleading/manipulated..... when i say misleading I mean broken to some extent.  
    We know BFV tracker has incorrect stats, and I've seen incorrect stats on the in-game player profile page too.  It would be a very ineffective way of dealing with the problem if thats the case, but it could be an explanation.

Post edited by JPhysics on
  • Loony
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, spot on Micas. We are consumers who have paid for a product with the worse customer service I know off. Even with just general issues, its like pulling teeth. They enforce rules harshly in forums but do nothing with the actual product itself? "Action is greater than words" no?

This discussion has been closed.