I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• CSO7777
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately we can't force EA/DICE to increase their investment in anti-cheat. It's pretty clear to anyone who plays their games and experiences cheaters on a daily basis, that anti-cheat investment has been and will continue to be a low priority for the company.

Then you have Respawn studio which is also wholly owned by EA using Easy Anti-Cheat in Apex Legends. It makes you wonder what's going on over at EA.

Either way, I'm getting a PlayStation 5. I'm getting out of the PC cheating rat race.
    I play Apex Legends (more than BFV) and must say that the game is full of cheaters even with all their 'investments' in anti-cheat. I see far more cheaters in Apex than in BFV, some of these cheaters have a lot of kills (thousands of kills) and have been playing for a long time without getting banned.

EAC is not a 'magic bullet' against cheating and personally I don't experience as much cheating in BFV as in Apex Legends (by far). Please don't use Apex legends as any kind of comparison of a game with working anti-cheat,
  • HuGo_0
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they just want to get rid of the PC side of things and make the game Console only !
    I cant think of any plausable reason why they would just let the game run into the ground like this, their statistics is bound to show how often servers clear after one round.

Its a shame what its become !
  • CSO7777
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately we can't force EA/DICE to increase their investment in anti-cheat. It's pretty clear to anyone who plays their games and experiences cheaters on a daily basis, that anti-cheat investment has been and will continue to be a low priority for the company.

Then you have Respawn studio which is also wholly owned by EA using Easy Anti-Cheat in Apex Legends. It makes you wonder what's going on over at EA.

Either way, I'm getting a PlayStation 5. I'm getting out of the PC cheating rat race.
    I play Apex Legends more than BFV and that game has much more cheating than BFV. You often encounter cheaters having thousands of kills and being very high ranked (been playing for a long time), using obvious aimbot and ESP.

EAC is not a "magic bullet" against cheaters in any way. Perhaps they banned a million accounts, but a lot of cheaters still play the game.

So, please don't use Apex legends as any kind of comparison of a game with working anti-cheat, because cheating in that game is much worse than BFV (by far), from my experience.
  • OskooI_007
    717 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    I play Apex Legends more than BFV and that game has much more cheating than BFV. You often encounter cheaters having thousands of kills and being very high ranked (been playing for a long time), using obvious aimbot and ESP.

EAC is not a "magic bullet" against cheaters in any way. Perhaps they banned a million accounts, but a lot of cheaters still play the game.

So, please don't use Apex legends as any kind of comparison of a game with working anti-cheat, because cheating in that game is much worse than BFV (by far), from my experience.

There very well could be more cheaters in Apex Legends. I wouldn't know, I don't play it. I find that surprising though, because Epic Games recently bought out Easy Anti-Cheat and are using it to protect Fortnite.

Then again, Fortnite could be over run by cheaters for all I know. I don't play that game either. I guess all of PC gaming is pretty much screwed when it comes to cheating.

PlayStation 5 here I come!
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    ^ I find all Battle Royale games have more cheaters than BFV, AND they have better anti-cheat systems in place.  It just comes with the territory for those game modes.  I believe Battlefield needs the same anti-cheat measures, but take those games as an example that just because they are in place you won't be left with anything close to a cheat free environment.  Yet its implementation would improve the situation through effectiveness and as a deterrent.  Some battles you can't win, but they need to be fought to maintain acceptable levels.  From my personal perspective, I also find that BFV has more cheating than any previous title from the franchise and it needs:
    1) an effective anti-cheat system (been said thousands of times)
    2) the studio needs to rethink how it tackles the problem. I don't expect unrealistic investment in it, but their approach to the subject resembles poor judgement and is the reason no progression is made on the issue.  Given this discussion has evolved and grown dramatically since BF1, it's obvious they neglect the overall opinion on it .... and I feel the bad opinions have tarnished the communities reputation upon the subject in Dice's eyes. 
    -
    I just played another round with a blatant aimbot who has been previously reported by people I know, still doing it and now hes promoting the website in game. 
    • If you had a client side anti cheat there would be an increased probability this cheat could be caught. Refer to point 1 above.
    • If fairfight algorithm was set up correctly as it has been designed to do, the player would be automatically banned with his statistics without the need for the time consuming human intervention which I feel is currently in place. Refer to point 2 above.
  • FritzCT
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner said:
    Apex has banned its 1,000,000 cheater with the EAC.
    Battlefield, a game without anti-cheat must really be something special, if it has less cheaters in %,  than a game with an active anti-cheat. But with the introduction of RSP, cheating will probably be almost zero.
    Damn that EAC and Battleye have never thought about it, Dice must really be talented on the anti-cheat front.
    lol are you really that naive? RSP will just work vs rage cheaters but admins are useless vs walhacks/esp/macros, so nothing will change Cheaterfield 5 will still be a Cheaterfield
    Admins who take the time to spectate will be able to deal with those cheaters as well, just as they did in the past.  Nothing can stop hack use, but nothing has been more effective in providing clean servers than alert admins, especially when they had access to the stats analysis services which existed before EA locked them out of game data.
    This...but the stat analysis is key to make things timely.

And if that doesn't improve things then I'm probably going down this route.

• Madnesis
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    That's ridiculous. There is literally NOTHING that would be "constructive to this thread" other than a statement from Dice on the rampant cheating in the game...
    I endorse that. Why should we just ignore the problem when we are talking about a small portion of players that are annoying the masses?
    Should we protect them? Should we act like nothing is going on and legit players are having fun with the game? I don't think so.

"Playing Battlefield™ V should always be a fair experience. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to cheating and the anti-cheat team here at DICE is constantly working towards identifying and banning players who use hacks to ruin the experience for honest players."

So why is it still a thing and at such huge scale? Difficult to trust DICE any longer, we need answers and that's legitimate as they obviously don't comply with their statements written on official EA website.

• StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    How does posting a scoreboard with names removed just showing the scores do anything at all?

One of my rounds had a player who was 112-3.... was he a cheater?

No, he was simply unfortunate enough that we didnt get to him 3 times to revive him.  As a squad we kept him supplied and revived whilst moving together.

High kd does not always mean cheat.  So posting high scores is both pointless and meaningless, as well as being spam and disrupting the forum.

You say they are not banning players,  yes they are.  We keep getting posts on the forum from banned players protesting their innocence, but we close them as this is not an appeals forum and the conversations always head south.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How does posting a scoreboard with names removed just showing the scores do anything at all?

No, he was simply unfortunate enough that we didnt get to him 3 times to revive him.  As a squad we kept him supplied and revived whilst moving together.

High kd does not always mean cheat.  So posting high scores is both pointless and meaningless, as well as being spam and disrupting the forum.

You say they are not banning players,  yes they are.  We keep getting posts on the forum from banned players protesting their innocence, but we close them as this is not an appeals forum and the conversations always head south.
    Again - ridiculous. People like Red and myself (and a lot of other guys) are NOT basing cheating assertions on such simple metrics as you seem to be only able to understand. One player in one round means nothing. Because you don't understand that, you censor Red and anyone else that puts in some work to highlight the problem. You are the issue - not Red, and not me and not a lot of other guys in this thread. Does that make sense now? Do you understand that your simplistic view does not qualify you to moderate Red's posts?

We're trying to get EA/Dice to do something about the cheating problem in BF games (not just BF5), and some of us are doing that by pointing out anonymous players that have insanely impossible stats. We're not showing you one guy that had one good game. We're showing you guys that are cheating - full stop. In order to keep the momentum of this effort, we need to keep bumping this thread with those types of posts, along with the other constructive posts from the players here. Your telling Red to stop his posting is telling us to stop our momentum and our bumping of the problem via this thread. Is Dice aware of the cheating issue? Probably. They doing anything about it? That's why we do this. We want to know what the plan is, and what the milestones are.

I think Red has had enough of you. I'm going to go find a couple players that are cheating, are active, and I'm going to show you those players while redacting their names. If you edit my post to remove that, there's nothing I can do about it.. but it'll say a lot about you. 

And who are these people that "say they are not banning players"? We're saying that whatever anti-cheat is in the game is ineffective in the extreme. We want communication from EA/Dice in the style that the PUBG developers have done for their players.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I watched the same player play on MY pc in front of me on battlefield 4 and rack up 100+ kills before he died.

Now tell me hes suspect.

Just because you and I cannot get those scores doesnt mean others cant.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So.. how about this guy? Most recent match was yesterday. Now tell me how he's not suspect... much less just an obvious bot that Dice can't be bothered to ban.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx said:
    saw a new cheat this morning, the cheater can now shoot once and kill 2 people at the same time...
    I once got three kills with one shot, Gol Mag sniper rifle in BF4, the heads just lined up perfectly.  Shotguns can deliver multi-kills too, it doesn't have to be a hack.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    That's ridiculous. There is literally NOTHING that would be "constructive to this thread" other than a statement from Dice on the rampant cheating in the game. Red continually points out the obvious cheats in the game on a regular basis and points out that Dice is doing nothing about it. 

The topic of this thread is "cheating in BF5". What Red is posting is literally on topic.

So ding me for posting about moderating forums.  Whatever.. this is all a joke.
    I'm forced to agree.  There is massive irony in this.  There is no more important issue in BFV, there is no such thing as talking about it too much.  I can see this whole thread being locked just like the BF1 cheating mega-thread--not because the problem has been solved, but because they don't want us talking about it anymore.  Makes me sad.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I watched the same player play on MY pc in front of me on battlefield 4 and rack up 100+ kills before he died.

Now tell me hes suspect.

Just because you and I cannot get those scores doesnt mean others cant.
    there's always an exception but most of the people getting those scores are cheating.
  • DancesWthMice
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Starscreamuk, you have lost all credibility here. Time for your replacement to step up.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16

Is this the same player who above you said you watched play BF4 on your computer and rack up 100 kills without dying?
This discussion has been closed.