Weekly Debrief

Don have time to react

Netranger9
170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As the title says,i been playing for about 15 or so hrs and Im constantly being killed by better players.I only have 1 arm,so trying to use a mouse and keyboard at the same time is impossible for me.It feels like im getting killed before I can react.Anybody else having this issue ?.

Comments

• Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, i do however feel that most of the time I'm getting killed from behind or the side. But I've adapted my play style quite alot. The way i play BFV is nothing close to the way i used to play BF1. So maybe you have to change your approach?
    -
    There is ofcourse some issues with the netcode that they are working on, so you might be experiencing problems rolated to this. especially if you are getting instant deaths.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im totaly impressed that you are playing this game with one arm -> Kudos Mate!
    By the way..I have the same problem like you.For me BFV is not playable at the moment (PS4)..
    Getting killed from all sides same as you, and when I finally found one of these campers, my bullets dont hit..he hits me once while I have to shoot 10 times to hit..thats why I die instantly..
    This game is so annoying..still cant belive that this is a TrippleA Battlefield Game...
  • disposalist
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well done for playing with one arm! Must be a real challenge.

BF5 is indeed a less accessible game, intentionally. They've been using phrases like "high skill floor" and "high skill ceiling" and "high skill gap" and even "competitive" for some time.

With the low TTK and highly accurate weapons you are going to have much less time to react than in games like BF1 (even after the TTK reduction it suffered in later life). It is more twitchy.

There's also an issue (DICE have confirmed) with TTD (ie. the perceived time to die) being very quick, so even if your attacker has to put 5 bullets into you over a second, to you it seems like they all arrived in 100ms.

My suspicion is they are struggling with the netcode and TTD partly because of the low TTK, fast movement, etc.

For me, BF5 feels twitchy and messy (gunplay and movement) so I'm not surprised you struggle.

It may improve over the coming months. I hope so.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    As the title says,i been playing for about 15 or so hrs and Im constantly being killed by better players.I only have 1 arm,so trying to use a mouse and keyboard at the same time is impossible for me.It feels like im getting killed before I can react.Anybody else having this issue ?.

No.
    I have both arms though...
    Maybe that's the issue?
    You could try playing on the Xbox with the adaptive controller. =]
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies- appreciate it.All I remember is going knee down on my katana-next thing is waking up in hospital.Apparently I had a head on with a hilux,tore my left arm clean off.Lucky to be alive,I guess.