Battlefield V crashing w/ no error message [POSSIBLE FIX]!

Comments

• MikkelHSBC
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So. after experimenting a bit.
    I found that it might be a bug in the DirectX 12 Implementation in frostbite.
    Disabling this should stop the crashes in most cases.

Hope that helps.
  • AggressivePL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a serious joke, Ryzen 2700x 16gb ram RTX 2070 no overclock, and like other ppl from topic:

- Disable windows firewall
    - Disable windows antivirus
    - Check if there is any program that may conflict with Origin

This must be a joke right?
    every single game on my pc works perfectly fine with those turned on.
    all 200+ of them.

NOTHING HELPS, 30 sec play, game crash, no error !! any other game works fine.
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting crashes to desktop without any error message. Just in BF5.
    What worked for me was to increase the allocation of virtual memory in Windows 10. The min/max should be 1.5x/3x the RAM size.
    That fixed the random crashes that happened on almost every map.
  • Drobaggins
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm also getting random crashes with no error message. No OC. Clean windows install less than a week ago on this new computer. All drivers updated. Basically same issues as everybody else here. Tried numerous "fixes" from all kinds of forum posts but nothing has helped.

Ryzen 2700x.
    Asus x470-f gaming motherboard.
    G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz 16GB.
    Ventus OC RTX 2080.
    No OC on anything.
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Drobaggins wrote: »
    I'm also getting random crashes with no error message. No OC. Clean windows install less than a week ago on this new computer. All drivers updated. Basically same issues as everybody else here. Tried numerous "fixes" from all kinds of forum posts but nothing has helped.

Ryzen 2700x.
    Ventus OC RTX 2080.
    No OC on anything.

Yikes. So i understand you updated all drivers and reinstalled windows but is your BIOS up to the current date. Thats the only thing i can reccomend because the BIOS update fixed the crashes for me with a RTX 2080
  • Drobaggins
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Drobaggins wrote: »

Ryzen 2700x.
    Ventus OC RTX 2080.
    No OC on anything.

Yikes. So i understand you updated all drivers and reinstalled windows but is your BIOS up to the current date. Thats the only thing i can reccomend because the BIOS update fixed the crashes for me with a RTX 2080

Yeah I used a usb to update the bios before windows was even installed.
  • RectifiedUser
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Crash all the time now DX11 and 12, doesn't matter. I don't understand how they have not addressed this. Can't finish a match most of the time without it crashing. I have tried everything on these forums to the darkest black hole of the interwebs, and still crashing with no error. Once it stutters a couple times and the sound cuts out I know that I will be sent back to main menu telling me I have lost connection to EA online. complete BS.
  • FrankerTankerr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get basically the same thing happening to me.

I tried to follow this guide to help with issues and rightclock on shortcut>properties>compatability only shows windows vista, VistaSP1, VistaSP2, Win7, Win8. No XPSP3 like i found on origin shortcut, i wont if thats causing it?? Ugh this is annoying
  • jerramelee
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Here is what worked and CONTINUES to work for me: (Nvidia card) Disable GeForce Experience in game overlay. I have gotten the game to run with many of the fixes listed but the next day... back to crash. I noticed on my machine the game was crashing on the title screen as the overlay loaded. This made me wonder and I tried disabling the overlay and presto... not only did it work for me the first time, the game has not crashed on startup since I disabled the overlay
  • Drobaggins
    edited January 6
    I also have been able to play for a few days without crashes... knock on wood. Here are the steps I took:

1) Reformat and reinstall windows.

2) Prevent any windows automatic updates from happening. A few spots in your computer needed to do that. Some people reported their games going to **** after updates.

3) Install nvidia driver but opt out of installing all 3D crap and definitely not install GeForce Experience.

Fallout 76 also would crash to desktop with no error code. Game still crashes in different ways but not like it was before. I can deal with the odd Fallout crashes and freezes but at least Battlefield is flawless lately.

Don’t know which of those steps actually did the job but I just went with overkill to make sure.

Edit: Also wanted to note I’m set to DirectX 12 but have ray tracing turned off.
  • Stralgarr049
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has recently started to happen to me, but only after I switched to a GTX 1070 from a GTX 1060. I have reinstalled GPU drivers multiple times, even used an older version, no luck still crashes.

This is the only game where I have ANY problems with my GTX 1070, so strange.

I can't for the life of me fix this, why is this just randomly happening? I hope DICE fixes this soon, or acknowledges this.
  • juju8379
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine a BF world map with 1000s of players playing on a global map at the same time and all fighting a war with the objective to: first to Berlin, Moscow, London Or New York.

If players planned their own d day, with land sea and air. Bombers, Paratroops, landings all working off of each other. I just think BF should go above 64 players. Picture being that german looking at the horizon of ships
  • doorfen
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    juju8379 wrote: »
    Imagine a BF world map with 1000s of players playing on a global map at the same time and all fighting a war with the objective to: first to Berlin, Moscow, London Or New York.

If players planned their own d day, with land sea and air. Bombers, Paratroops, landings all working off of each other. I just think BF should go above 64 players. Picture being that german looking at the horizon of ships

Planetside 3 ?.. that never gonna happen :(. Dam i miss the Planetside franchise sometimes.
  • shhanddie
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    constant crashed after all that ****.
    EA r **** house
  • Nilfisktun
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all. I had this problem, and tryed ALOT of the stuff in here.. i FIXED mine.. It was EVGA precision boost software that was the problem, so try looking into stuff controlling your GPU..
  • GhostDragon445
    Same issue here tried everything it seems, windows reinstall, drivers, game settings nothing. Really hope it turns out to be an issue with nvidia drivers or battlefield and there is a fix in the upcoming patch
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, there is one easy way to fix it, install your windows installation new and clean than the fans from dust. The only reason why it than crashes are memory issues you can fix by buying working one.
  • Corrupt_be
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Malzius wrote: »
    Lowering some of my stable Overclocks on my cpu and gpu have stopped all BSOD and desktop crashing issues.

means it wasnt stable enough, unless you did small ffts stress test on prime for 24 hours and even then you cant really say its 100 % stable

If it's 24h prime stable, nudging the voltages up a small amount should fix that for BFV or any other game. If not, then I doubt the issue is the CPU. On a sidenote, does BFV use AVX (doubt it as my CPU stays below 65° C during gameplay)?
  • jarvz11
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jerramelee wrote: »
    Here is what worked and CONTINUES to work for me: (Nvidia card) Disable GeForce Experience in game overlay. I have gotten the game to run with many of the fixes listed but the next day... back to crash. I noticed on my machine the game was crashing on the title screen as the overlay loaded. This made me wonder and I tried disabling the overlay and presto... not only did it work for me the first time, the game has not crashed on startup since I disabled the overlay

Thanks, this was the ONLY fix I tried and (touch wood) no crashes...NVIDIA drivers also kept up to date.
  • Chickenteabear
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This might seems crazy, but I opened Origin ran the game. Closed it and then ran the game again through NVidia experience with origin still open and I got no crashes and my good 90 - 110 fps back rather than the 40-50 i was getting previously. Could just be a coincidence though