This Week in Battlefield V

Is the Flare gun Dice’s idea of a joke?

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Is Dice being serious with the flare gun? It has to be some dude at dice playing some sort of practical joke right? It has about as much radius as an atom.

I mean i see that recon class got a significant nerf, but this is taking it just a bit to far.
Post edited by Duece09 on

Comments

• avengerpat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    english please
  • mf_shro0m
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the flare gun’s radius needs a buff
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    avengerpat wrote: »
    english please

Haha that’s what I get for using voice text on my phone.
  • Mista_Donzie
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    No it doesn't need a buff. The flare killed stealth in bf1. It is perfect the way it is. It is meant to be used in conjunction with suppression, spotting scope, etc--all of which cause spotting to happen. You have 3 ways to spot. Plus a scout perk that spots enemies you shot (now 4 ways to spot). Combined, it is so easy to spot as a scout now, that if you boost the flair, it will kill stealth and flanking. You need to learn how to play and utilize ALL of the scout's tools. If DICE makes this game into a noob friendly mess like bf1, many will leave this franchise for good. Go play bf1 instead if u want one gadget to do all the work for you. In BFV, you need to combine gadgets and use SKILL.
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    Is Dice being serious with the flare gun? It has to be some dude at dice playing some sort of practical joke right? It has about as much radius as an atom.

I mean i see that recon class got a significant nerf, but this is taking it just a bit to far.

Did you shoot it upwards or at the ground? The dude in the animation shoots it upwards.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No it doesn't need a buff. The flare killed stealth in bf1. It is perfect the way it is. It is meant to be used in conjunction with suppression, spotting scope, etc--all of which cause spotting to happen. You have 3 ways to spot. Plus a scout perk that spots enemies you shot (now 4 ways to spot). Combined, it is so easy to spot as a scout now, that if you boost the flair, it will kill stealth and flanking. You need to learn how to play and utilize ALL of the scout's tools. If DICE makes this game into a noob friendly mess like bf1, many will leave this franchise for good. Go play bf1 instead if u want one gadget to do all the work for you. In BFV, you need to combine gadgets and use SKILL.

Literally just shoot it down. You can do that now you know.

It's absolutely useless with the tiny radius it has now.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Qwagm1re wrote: »

Did you shoot it upwards or at the ground? The dude in the animation shoots it upwards.

Doesn't matter if you shoot it straight up. The radius is still tiny now.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It could be a great tool for recons and help make them a welcome member to any squad pushing objectives.

But as it is right now it's pretty useless.
  • motojdr6
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn beacon is the only useful gadget recon has currently. The rest are so bad I didn’t even bother to use them in 20 reps unless it was an assignment necessity.
  • Duece09
    Sixclicks wrote: »

There has always been items that did was flare guns do. The “sensor balls” or what ever they were called in bf3/bf4. They didn’t have as big a radius as flare guns in bf1 but were still Useful. There is a big difference between using “stealth” and just flat out camping because you to worried about your K/D.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's well known the flare gun is complete garbage, the solution? Go with the scope.
  • Duece09
    naitch44 wrote: »
    It's well known the flare gun is complete garbage, the solution? Go with the scope.

Yeah without spotting, scope is actually useful. Where the flare gun helps is if your pushing an objective, it is better suited for agressive game play.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't disagree at all, it would be great if the flare gun was actually useful, I used it all the time in BF1.
  • xOEx_Jabba81
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next question. Why does a flaregun mark enemies? :/ :/
  • Duece09
    edited November 2018
    Next question. Why does a flaregun mark enemies? :/ :/

Next question, why when I get a headshot with basically any gun in the game why isn’t it a kill? One answer, video games bra.
  • Hawxxeye
    5539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    naitch44 wrote: »

Yeah without spotting, scope is actually useful. Where the flare gun helps is if your pushing an objective, it is better suited for agressive game play.

The problem with the scope is that it makes you want to sit in the most distant vantage point on the map in order to counter its insane zoom.
    which is what I will be doing on if I ever decide to get xp for the recon. I will pit ADS on toggle and just sweep my mouse left and right spotting everything in sight for my team to kill.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Skill and BFV in one sentence??? Lol
  • Carbonic
    1377 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To me it would make sense that the higher you shoot the flare, the larger the radius becomes.
    Then there's some risk vs reward as you announce your location to enemies more if you shoot it high up in the air.
  • BlindChance
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Have they nerfed it since the beta? It was fine there, just aim high to get better radious. You can shot it down too in case you don't know.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i just use the binos and tell the bomber to go there. Flare is pretty useless
This discussion has been closed.