(SOLUTION)How to Fix BFV Crash on PC. Like no error, just takes you to desktop *atleast works for me

14567810»

Comments

• ApexAEF
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi guys, 

Just revisiting this old thread to see if there has been any solutions/luck from anyone with this issue. 

It's been many months now, basically more than half a year has passed, and I've not been able to play a single match of this game. 

Cheers all, happy gaming! 
  • JDjitsu
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It you didn't try the super easy stuff like turn off any overclocking of CPU, GPU and memory, making sure you don't have hardware acceleration on in your browser then make sure you have Origin or BFV running in Admin Mode. Even if the box isn't ticked when you right click on Origin or BF .exe icon, sometimes it can be turned on in the Registry. Go to your Registry(Hit Start/Run then type in regedit then enter. Your Reg should then open up and go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" and delete any origin or BF games listed to the right. That's what worked for me. Somehow it was running in Admin Compatibility Mode and I think that was the culprit for my crashes. GLHF
  • Mhill2029
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No problems for a long time, and suddenly after updating Windows 10 with KB4505903 I CTD after a few matches. It's only happened the once, so maybe an isolated bug. But i'm not having a lot of faith with Windows 10's updates. Since most of these CTD's have always arised suddenly after an update.
  • InFlames_nn
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    After Win10 latest patch (04 August) and switching to dx12, i didn't experienced those crushes on desktop without error. Besides i have cpu and ram overclock and didn't want to go lower, and now it's fine.
  • PrOdyh
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, very nice news. Directx 12 work fine in my i5 8600k + 1070
  • Mhill2029
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also just noticed in the last day or so that there has been a major security flaw in all nvidia drivers. That causes all sorts of issues, so it's recommended to update to 431.60. Just a heads up....

Not sure if it has any baring on BFV, but some of the problems I read are pretty extensive.
  • CanSwe22
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi guys,
    I have also been having the same problem with BFV crashing to desktop on startup. I have tried everything you all have said (I am on day three now...) but I figured out (from the Event Viewer) that Overwolf is my problem. I searched and found this happens with other games too. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwolf/comments/b3b4iq/overwolf_causes_games_to_crash/

I disabled BFV in Overwolf and it seems to work now. I don't know if this helps anyone but it can't hurt!

• oneCelph
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 said:
    Also just noticed in the last day or so that there has been a major security flaw in all nvidia drivers. That causes all sorts of issues, so it's recommended to update to 431.60. Just a heads up....

Not sure if it has any baring on BFV, but some of the problems I read are pretty extensive.
    Fyi.
    Started for me today, can confirm.
  • JVF_CON
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im experiencing random freeze in bfv. However i manage to fix it by lowering the cpu usage. On game setting I lower my frame limiter to 60fps. On windows nvdia config i choosed vsync daptive half screen refresh rate, optimal power, change the default physics as Gpu . On the power setting max cpu usage at 100% and minimum to 5%.
  • RudyMentally
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can play for hours without a crash, but if I decide to go spectate (some suspicious player or whatever), it crashes within a minute, sometimes even before the players start to move properly within 10 seconds and relaunching and spectating again will just crash just as quickly, so it is reproducable ... please fix it, feel free to contatct me to get the crash dump. This is the only game that has the problem.
  • Overwolfqa
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CanSwe22 said:
    Hi guys,
    I have also been having the same problem with BFV crashing to desktop on startup. I have tried everything you all have said (I am on day three now...) but I figured out (from the Event Viewer) that Overwolf is my problem. I searched and found this happens with other games too. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwolf/comments/b3b4iq/overwolf_causes_games_to_crash/

I disabled BFV in Overwolf and it seems to work now. I don't know if this helps anyone but it can't hurt!

Hey CanSwe22,

I'm from Overwolf's team and I came across your post.
    I'm sorry to hear that your game had been crashing while you were using Overwolf. Our team puts users' game performance as a top priority, so it's important to us to get to the bottom of your issue and understand how these crashes happened. 
    If you could please contact us through this support request form, I will make sure that we get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank!