Weekly Debrief

(SOLUTION)How to Fix BFV Crash on PC. Like no error, just takes you to desktop *atleast works for me

15678911»

Comments

• g0merpile
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After BF V patch late september my game started chrashing...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(

For me its always 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards with these patches..........

follow my advice problem solved hopefully https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194530/battlefield-v-poor-performance-solutions#latest
  • bigdaddygonutz
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    After BF V patch late september my game started chrashing...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(

For me its always 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards with these patches..........

follow my advice problem solved hopefully https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194530/battlefield-v-poor-performance-solutions#latest
    Thnx .......... but I am on win 1803 win locked-n-updates ........... and it was 100% perfect until the recent patch = immediately after this patch ...crash crash crash.......
  • pootisstyle123
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After the latest patch, my game started to randomly close again ... I tried repair, clear cache and other bullsh*t they say, but it still crashes NOW RIGHT AFTER I LAUNCH THE GAME.. Why can't we get a single patch that doesn't break up our game ?? They called it Hotfix but this only gave more bugs ..
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's even worse now after the patch. 3 times in 2h. Ridiculous.
  • Pcidemocon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    [img][/img]7-C077093-B37-C-452-F-98-BC-48-EE75-D22-E3-B.jpg
    Check BFV DBUG FILE you’ll see what is causing the crashing.
    In my case i’d found out RTX SLI water block terminal flow was impacting heat dissipation .
  • Gunboat2000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game crashes directly after launch. 

Solution: UNINSTALL AND NEVER BUY A **** EA GAME AGAIN!
  • MrMassiveLoad
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

After an hardware upgrade to a Ryzen 7 3700X, Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE and 16 GB G-Skill Ripjaws V I also suffert from randomly CTD. Every five minutes, once an hour or after two.

After 2 weeks of research, investigation and tons of different settings (every hint i found in this forum) i was finaly able to
    reproduce my crashes respectively what causes they.

My solution:

Regardless the fact that my RAM is certified as an 3200 mhz RAM (F4-3200C16D-8GVKB DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V), it has still an regular SPD speed of 2133m mhz. Depends on the Mainboard and cpu configuration this RAM is able (!!!) to reach 3200 mhz with timings at CL16-18-18-38 in XMP mode. In my case, it wasn´t. It also causes some errors in HCI MemTest. So even if everything else worked fine with this settings, it´s still faulty.

By keeping this timings AND the XMP profil I had to reduce the Frequency to 3066 mhz (1533mhz). No errors. No crashes in BF V anymore.

So it doesn´t mean BF V always reacts petty to XMP profils. In my case, BF V just showed me - regardless of every other software doesn´t -
    that this settings are not working properly. The HCI MemTest just confirmed this.

I hope this informations are helpfull to other people as well.

(I used the DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen Tool to start the MemTest. Because it starts automaticly several instances to fill up the RAM entirely)

• OskooI_007
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 21
    Yup, most crashes and random reboots are due to DDR memory errors.

Sometimes you need to downclock the memory. Sometimes you need to increase memory voltage (risky).

Sometimes you need to increase the memory controller voltage on the CPU die (even more risky).

Even leaving voltage settings on 'auto' in the BIOS is risky. I made that mistake while overclocking my 8700k and it 'auto' increased voltages for my CPU to unsafe levels. I'm pretty sure the CPU got damaged and degraded a little. That's why I'd never buy a used CPU off eBay.

Upgrading your BIOS can also help with DDR memory stability. Motherboard manufacturers add new memory profiles with BIOS updates.

Finally, the best way to avoid DDR memory problems is to buy memory off the Qualified Vendors List (QVL) for your motherboard. You can usually find the QVL list under the support section on the motherboard manufacturer's website.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • CROOKEDest
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still broken regardless of what i try...Enlighten me and spectate operation underground and see if she lasts.i have a 2080 super stock .gskill trident cl 16 3200.2700x and a gigabyte x470 ultra.i downed the ram 3000 mhz and CTD still persists.Everything else works,can do mem tests days on end .Clearly the game is a piece of **** .no placibic fixes work.anybody try spectating???
  • LilShammy
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @CROOKEDest you are correct. These people dont know WTF they are talking about. They need to setp up their game up, who the hell down clocks their ram to make a game run ? LMAO !!!!!!!!! Maybe they should bring their pc back to walmart and go back to a ps4.
  • PsiHo1389
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [img][/img]7-C077093-B37-C-452-F-98-BC-48-EE75-D22-E3-B.jpg
    In my case i’d found out RTX SLI water block terminal flow was impacting heat dissipation .
    Where is this "bfv debug" exactly?
  • MrMassiveLoad
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PsiHo1389 said:
    [img][/img]7-C077093-B37-C-452-F-98-BC-48-EE75-D22-E3-Bjpg
    Where is this "bfv debug" exactly?
    I found my crash dumps in Documents/Battlefield V/crash_dumps

• MrMassiveLoad

After an hardware upgrade to a Ryzen 7 3700X, Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE and 16 GB G-Skill Ripjaws V I also suffert from randomly CTD. Every five minutes, once an hour or after two.

After 2 weeks of research, investigation and tons of different settings (every hint i found in this forum) i was finaly able to
    reproduce my crashes respectively what causes they.

My solution:

Regardless the fact that my RAM is certified as an 3200 mhz RAM (F4-3200C16D-8GVKB DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V), it has still an regular SPD speed of 2133m mhz. Depends on the Mainboard and cpu configuration this RAM is able (!!!) to reach 3200 mhz with timings at CL16-18-18-38 in XMP mode. In my case, it wasn´t. It also causes some errors in HCI MemTest. So even if everything else worked fine with this settings, it´s still faulty.

By keeping this timings AND the XMP profil I had to reduce the Frequency to 3066 mhz (1533mhz). No errors. No crashes in BF V anymore.

So it doesn´t mean BF V always reacts petty to XMP profils. In my case, BF V just showed me - regardless of every other software doesn´t -
    that this settings are not working properly. The HCI MemTest just confirmed this.

I hope this informations are helpfull to other people as well.

(I used the DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen Tool to start the MemTest. Because it starts automaticly several instances to fill up the RAM entirely)

Edit: after writing with the G.Skill Support the RAM does work with 3200 mhz by 1.4V
  • sKutDeath
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I chased this CTD issue for months. After the last round of updates and drivers I had enough and did some small incremental voltage increases on my RAM and settled on 1.38 and haven't CTD'd for the last 2 weeks. I run a TR 2970WX all 24 cores clocked at 4.2 Ghz. My RAM is 32 GB Gskill RGB 3200 Mhz CL16 1t, 2 x MSI 2080 Ti Lightnings, both clocked @ 1390 Base & 1800 Mhz VRAM, (of course volted higher).