Weekly Debrief

(SOLUTION)How to Fix BFV Crash on PC. Like no error, just takes you to desktop *atleast works for me

Comments

• d1v1d3ad
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant play this game and keeps getting same error and it is starting to annoy little bit
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: bfv.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.67.38148
    Application Timestamp: 5be4b75f
    Fault Module Name: bfv.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.67.38148
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5be4b75f
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 0000000006ebe3e8
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1035
    Additional Information 1: 271b
    Additional Information 2: 271b4dc6d7253cd7a76e9c044e39a980
    Additional Information 3: c369
    Additional Information 4: c369f9782ef150641c57783b45f309c9
  • xdonk3ykong123x
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dks01 wrote: »
    BF titles have always been sensitive to overclocks. If there was a common element that I found it was a poor power supply. Moving to a top tier power supply fixed a lot of things, as did removing any overclock.

Removing my overclocks made no difference to stability. What I have noticed gets me playing the game is having the Video settings on "Auto Max Fidelity" with FFR turned off.
  • vinylpusher1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I kept getting crashes with Ucertbase.dll - i have now turned off DX12 and gone back to DX11 and not had a crash since.
  • Landoram
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm in the same boat as @d1v1d3ad . I played fine until the latest "UI Updates" that forced download on Tuesday for me. I've reinstalled, repaired, done all of the Origin recommended steps, updated BIOS, rolled back the Nvidia driver, reinstalled clean...literally unplayable for me right now. Crashes as soon as I connect to a map to play after the queue countdown. No errors just the event log as posted. I'm out of ideas and pretty unhappy. DX 11 btw.
  • d1v1d3ad
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Landoram wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as @d1v1d3ad . I played fine until the latest "UI Updates" that forced download on Tuesday for me. I've reinstalled, repaired, done all of the Origin recommended steps, updated BIOS, rolled back the Nvidia driver, reinstalled clean...literally unplayable for me right now. Crashes as soon as I connect to a map to play after the queue countdown. No errors just the event log as posted. I'm out of ideas and pretty unhappy. DX 11 btw.

I got it to work finally after repair and setting all my video to med and oddly my voice to headphones and surround from 3d sound.
    win 7 dx11 phenom 965 be 16gb ram 1060gtx 8gb
  • SmoothMedicine
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you mean u turned off headphone surround?
    btw where is the support from the manufacturer? is there any? instead of saying check your drivers clean cache etc.?
  • Landoram
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    d1v1d3ad wrote: »
    Landoram wrote: »

I got it to work finally after repair and setting all my video to med and oddly my voice to headphones and surround from 3d sound.
    win 7 dx11 phenom 965 be 16gb ram 1060gtx 8gb

Yeah, I changed to borderless, sound settings, lower settings, raise settings, ...everything I could possibly think to do. This runs fine (albeit lower settings) on my laptop with a 970m core I7, but my PC with a Ryzen 7 1700, 16 gb ram, GTX 1070 just fails everytime same place. I can play other games fine. I am downloading BF1 to see if I have similar issues with that game. The most infuriating part is this worked fine all last week and the week prior. Literally the only change was when I logged into BFV on Tuesday, when I got to the menu, the game said it had to update the UI. It did and I played a couple of rounds and then crash to desktop with no error other than what you have in your event log as well. Now I can't get past the queue for a game. Just trying to find other ideas and bump this so maybe the answers showup!
  • afzSnickelfritz
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Validating overclocks is tricky. Some apps will pass with flying colors but others will have errors.
    I recommend Intel Burn Test; this often catches subtle instabilities, without hard crashes or blue screens.
  • dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    for me think it was OK after 1 hour of play , and after a re-installation of windows (1809) with keeping the file option.

but just after one hour , it crashes , GRRRRRRR.

but better than before after 10 min. of game.
  • HauntedWarrior
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    this may help some............ my game was either crashing to desktop with no error message or it would hang between rounds with the BFV circle turning and turning and turning and i would Ctrl Alt Delete out. In another similar thread someone had posted that disabling Windows 10 Game Mode helped them, I tried that and havn't had any problems since....Game has been running smoothly ever since.
  • xdonk3ykong123x
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this may help some............ my game was either crashing to desktop with no error message or it would hang between rounds with the BFV circle turning and turning and turning and i would Ctrl Alt Delete out. In another similar thread someone had posted that disabling Windows 10 Game Mode helped them, I tried that and havn't had any problems since....Game has been running smoothly ever since.

God if I find out that piece of fuckery has been responsible for this I will flip. Microsoft should have had that crap sorted before it was even introduced.
  • Brayve_Sir_Robin
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My game stopped crashing to desktop only after I reduced the overclock on the CPU. I had tried the intelligent cleaner mentioned earlier and turning off game mode but those didn't work.
  • Zhyr79
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Standby memory doesn't impact game stability. Clearing it frequently is probably going to do more harm than good to any running software.

This is just a mutated "memory leak" claim.
  • TheGamingSensei
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem, crashes to the desktop without any error messages. I tried using ISTL and with it on I can play for an hour or so but still crashes to the desktop. This also happens to me in other games like Insurgency Sandstorm.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    seems this game is very sensitive to any overclocks even if they are stable in bf1 or other games.

YES! Not even that its sensitive but just funky regarding OCs.
  • TheGamingSensei
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still having problems, the new nvidia driver (3.12.2018) didnt fix it
  • dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    for me no crash after disabling future frame rendering(since 3 days).
    be able to play 1 - 2 hours ( before that only 10 mins and crash).
    This evening , played 2 hours with no problem , and then changed option to activate FFR , and then 10 min. after : CRASH..

note : I'm using GSync activated.
  • IlDioNerd
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For everyone that keep crashing without error, i solved the problem by disabling XMP profile, the OVC was fine but for BFV wasn't.
    Hope that this can help!
    Cya!
  • sadboyltd
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This happened in BF1 after Win10 update. Still happens now, guessing its an audiodriver again
  • MeapleG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got this random crash with no error a few times since the latest patch and update. I get it randomly when I'm not expecting it but it's rare more than anything.

I reckon it's to do with the game interacting with Windows 10 probably RAM related. I have as much stuff in Windows 10 disabled or turned off (Game Mode, Telemetry, etc). Anyone know where the BF5 client logs are so I can understand what's causing these random crashes?

I also get client freezes in game, randomly for about half a second. Not sure what is causing this. I suspect it is to do with Standby RAM usage in Windows 10 but again, it's difficult to prove it.