Selecting Tank Support as squad leader

KILLUNCLE84
129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Do I have to die to find the tank/vehicle I ordered as squad leader on the spawn overview screen? Can anyone on my side claim/use it or just my squad mates? Is this the best way of implimenting rewards my squad has earnt? Do I have to delay ordering it in until somebody on my team has died so that they can claim it? How would they know it's been ordered as there are no mention of this in the comorose. Or am I just missing something?

Comments

• Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Do I have to die to find the tank/vehicle I ordered as squad leader on the spawn overview screen? Can anyone on my side claim/use it or just my squad mates? Is this the best way of implimenting rewards my squad has earnt? Do I have to delay ordering it in until somebody on my team has died so that they can claim it? How would they know it's been ordered as there are no mention of this in the comorose. Or am I just missing something?

Yes, you have to die/redeploy just to access it on the spawn screen. It's a really sloppy, backwards-**** system.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think the vehicle has a timer when you request it, so if you take too long to die/redeploy it's possible to lose the vehicle all-together. I'm not sure whether or not you get a refund for it in that case, but IMO you should.

As for how squad members would even know about the requested vehicle: I'm pretty sure there's a squad-wide message that pops up on the screen saying "[Vehicle Name] Has Been Requested" or something along those lines. I know for a fact I've seen this several times before.
  • l_water_l
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm almost completely sure only squad members can deploy on the tanks you call in. There is some text that goes across your squad's screen saying you called it in but I've missed it many times. I don't know how many squads can call in a tank at the same time. Yes if you are the SL you have to die to claim and drive it yourself. Most people just save up for the V2 rocket for a few kills at the end of the game.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok. Sounds as useful as I originally suspected. In a game where you die in a nano second I also don't understand how the supply drop parachute is useful? - if I don't get killed negotiating the buggy binocular ordering system (I seem to get stuck during this process as the binoculars don't deploy) nobody bothers with the supplies as even with 30 bullets or whatever I can count on one hand how often running out of bullets has become an issue. I'm safely redeploying way before supply drops/ resupply stations etc become a pressing concern.