What’s your map order, favourite to least favourite.

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I’m roughly 15 hours in now so I feel I have a reasonable grasp of all the maps

I am pure infantry, although over the next two years I’ll probably dabble a 1000 kills or so in a tank but I doubt I’ll engage more than thst

Arass Clear favourite
Rotterdam
Aerodrome
Norvik
Fjell sp?
Hamada
Twisted steel
Devastation - absolute worst it’s just a spam fest joke of a map and really dishonours conquest

Norvik to twisted steel.. can switch places dependant on the day,

As Sinai was beta map for BF1 and remained my favourite map I think Dice know how to hit map BF betamap buttons lol

Comments

• Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But that's more than 3 maps!

You said you wanted the best 2 and the worst.....
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

I hope my edit has helped clear things up for you lol
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Arras and Twisted Steel are the best two IMHO
    Followed by Devastation, Rotterdam ,Aerodrome, Fjell 652, Narvik and last is Hamada -big isn’t always better and it is far too big -if the made it the same size as Suez as in BF1 it would be better and remove conquest assault . I mainly play conquest . I don’t know what you mean by spam fest for Devastation- the battles are intense that’s how its meant to be plus plenty of spaces to defend.
  • mav_smileyface
    Arras and Twisted Steel are the best two IMHO
    Followed by Devastation, Rotterdam ,Aerodrome, Fjell 652, Narvik and last is Hamada -big isn’t always better and it is far too big -if the made it the same size as Suez as in BF1 it would be better and remove conquest assault . I mainly play conquest . I don’t know what you mean by spam fest for Devastation- the battles are intense that’s how its meant to be plus plenty of spaces to defend.

I’m sure TS will grow on me in time, however Argonne forest failed to grow on me in two years! I’ll keep trying but. It’s the kill and get instakilla killed cycle that frustrated me.. but that’s probably down to my own ability rather than the map. So I need to play it more
  • Baabbas
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like them all, except the Fjell because of the bomb fest of bombers....
    i cant find any reason why Dice add planes to this map?
    make a Fell map air superiority only and leave other version of infantry only.

This map is like a bonus round to planes to farm kills.....
    The bombers are indestructible as they are right now, more than I can count i keep shooting them with the AA marshmallow shooter and it keeps coming straight ahead to bomb me.....
    The AA dont even scare them...
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

I hope my edit has helped clear things up for you lol

Champion, good grammar is the difference between knowing your propane knowing you're poop!

As to the question, to early to give a definitive but Aerodrome could be on to a winner for me.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I spend 90% of my time in planes so I mostly play those maps that have planes.

Arras - by far the best
    Hamada
    Twisted steel
    Fjell
    Narvik

If I had to rate them as an infantry:

Devastation, really like it, don't know why
    Arras
    Hamada
    Narvik
    Rotterdam
    Twisted steel
    Aerodrome
    Fjell - awful map but probably because everyone just runs in circles. Could be awesome map if people had brain.
  • mav_smileyface
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I spend 90% of my time in planes so I mostly play those maps that have planes.

Arras - by far the best
    Hamada
    Twisted steel
    Fjell
    Narvik

If I had to rate them as an infantry:

Devastation, really like it, don't know why
    Arras
    Hamada
    Narvik
    Rotterdam
    Twisted steel
    Aerodrome
    Fjell - awful map but probably because everyone just runs in circles. Could be awesome map if people had brain.

I have never tried to give planes a chance... I literally kill myself everytine 😂
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Devastation
    Rotterdam
    Arras
    Aerodrome
    Narvik
    Hamada
    Fjell
    Twisted Steel
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Rotterdam - Just an excellent city map with a nice variety of flags and evenly-spread fighting. Right up there with Amiens IMO.
    Arras - Reminds me a lot of St. Quentin Scar, except I think it's even better. I do wish less fighting took place in the center, but overall it's a really good combined arms map.
    Devastation - Fun-as-hell "destroyed city" map. The cathedral can sometimes drag down the experience, but overall it's very good.
    Fjell - A solid infantry map marred only by the perplexing inclusion of planes. I don't understand the hate it gets. There are plenty paths/flanks to utilize and the fighting never seems to get stuck in one particular area.
    Twisted Steel - Merely OK. The swamps don't provide enough cover, and there's too much emphasis on the bridge which quickly kills off the rest of the map. Not a fan.
    Narvik - Probably the worst flow of any of the Conquest maps. Players seem to be everywhere all the time, and the shipwreck feels strangely out of place to the point of being distracting. Also, why are there planes? Not a good map at all.
    Hamada - Simply too large for its own good. The flags are too far apart, there aren't enough vehicles, and Medics just don't "work" at all.
    Aerodrome - Tied with Hamada for the worst map in the game. The hangar always turns into a round-long meatgrinder that singlehandedly kills off the rest of the flags. I can't say one good thing about it.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If this thread proves anything it proves there isn’t a bad map in the game. One guy hates devastation others love it etc Maps are down to individual taste, individual taste doesn’t make something bad it purely means that person doesn’t like it.
    There are no bad maps unless every player agrees that one map is bad.
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My opinions may change, but so far from most to least favorite:

1) Rotterdam

2) Arras

3) Devastation

4) Twisted Steel

5) Narvik

6) Hamada

7) Aerodrome

8) Fjell 652
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It seems that I'm only playing the same 3 maps over and over.... so I can't really tell which ones are my fav and which one I hate
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like any map where snipers can line ridges and shoot down at people playing the objectives all game. So all of them.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are no bad maps unless every player agrees that one map is bad.

Hamada fits that bill.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aerodrome
    Devastation
    Fjell
    Rotterdam
    Arras
    Narvik
    Hamada
    Twisted Steel

That is for assault but it would be different for every other class … so overall I am very pleased with the map design.
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite map has to be Arras. Just a nice mix of play styles and options on that one. The least favourite? Probably Aerodrome. Too many cheap deaths and the hangars become a bit of a mess. Perhaps when the tanks get buffed a little (they have to, don't they?), Aerodrome might become a more balanced experience.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Arras
    2. Devastation
    3. Narvik
    4. Rotterdam
    5. Twisted Steel
    6. Fjell
    7. Aerodrome
    8. Hamada

Hamda makes me SO angry. How can any1 like this map, except plane or sniper lovers?

• MettMoxxi
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are only like 4 maps which aren't utter trash:
    Rotterdam(clear favourite)
    Arras
    Twisted Steel
    Aerodrome

The other ones are trash for several reasons:
    Devastation (Everything on this map revolves around the cathedral in the middle, therefore giant campfest)
    Hamada (way too big with little to no cover so the sniper scrubs can also have a map in Bfv for their own)
    Fjell/Narvik (both of them are equally garbage simply because no cover and zergrushing/sniper heaven)
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arras, so far 👍
    Hamada 👎