Throwing Knife appreciation thread

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just wanted to say thanks to the devs for adding such a friggin awesome, fun weapon like the TK's. I'm really starting to get the hang of em and do some crazy things with em.

I love knives and melee weapons IRL, have a special place for Balisongs and TK's, so for them to make it into BFV is really special to me

Anyone else getting a kick out of these deadly little gizmos?

My personal favorite:

They can headshot as well

Crouching tiger, flinging steel

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have almost 5 minutes in the recon class. Just to try the throwing knives. Couldn't find it. It's not a gadget to equip and it's not binded to any default button. Lol I want to throw knives at people
  • Gforce81
    I have almost 5 minutes in the recon class. Just to try the throwing knives. Couldn't find it. It's not a gadget to equip and it's not bonded to any default button. Lol I want to throw knives at people

It's a grenade option, you have to swap out your frag for it
  • BaronVonGoon
    6969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I have almost 5 minutes in the recon class. Just to try the throwing knives. Couldn't find it. It's not a gadget to equip and it's not bonded to any default button. Lol I want to throw knives at people

It's a grenade option, you have to swap out your frag for it

Oh I see. Will try thanks.
  • ThisIsLeonidas
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very fun
  • xpixelbullyx
    1662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That last clip was amazing.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember suggesting throwing knives for Bf1 and getting laughed at haha.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that DICE will somehow nerf the throwing knives (saw some twitter post to that effect). Hope they just reduce the number of knives you carry. Otherwise, if they reduce the damage, they will become pointless.
  • xpixelbullyx
    1662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember suggesting throwing knives for Bf1 and getting laughed at haha.

They were in hardline so anyone that played that was waiting for a return.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I absolutely move them. Say that I'm "not a team player", but I only use throwing knives in my kit, not grenades. They're just so much fun to use! Plus that "schlink" noise when you kill someone is just so satisfying. I've got a fair bit of clips showing my throwing knife kills, a few which are pretty good (I got a couple double kills just with the throwing knives). I also love going with some full melee charges, throwing knives, melee kills, and ending with a bayonet charge. Honestly, I probably do better at close range just using my multiple types of knives, than I do with my sidearm.

If I can upload my throwing knife clips, I'll put em all together and post em here :smile:
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on PS4, and in BF1, I often accidentally initiated a bayonet charge, when I didn’t want to. I ended up switching the melee (+ bayonet) button with the grenade throwing button. Played with this configuration happily for two years.

Then DICE brings out BFV with throwing knives. The knives are thrown with the grenade button. Problem is, my grenade button is on the right stick, the one you aim with. Let me tell you, you can’t click and hold that button, and aim reliably, at the same time. So I have to switch the buttons back. Two years worth of muscle memory down the drain.

So, if you see someone throwing a grenade within melee range, or vice versa, please say hi. :D

Also, the throwing knives are amazing, but you probably shouldn’t get six of them.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Also, the throwing knives are amazing, but you probably shouldn’t get six of them.

Well, they arent always the easiest thing to hit, so having 6 isnt that bad.
  • Gforce81
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I absolutely move them. Say that I'm "not a team player", but I only use throwing knives in my kit, not grenades. They're just so much fun to use! Plus that "schlink" noise when you kill someone is just so satisfying. I've got a fair bit of clips showing my throwing knife kills, a few which are pretty good (I got a couple double kills just with the throwing knives). I also love going with some full melee charges, throwing knives, melee kills, and ending with a bayonet charge. Honestly, I probably do better at close range just using my multiple types of knives, than I do with my sidearm.

If I can upload my throwing knife clips, I'll put em all together and post em here :smile:

Oh yeah, they're awesome to use, no doubt. If you do put some clips together, feel free to share them, I love TK clips
  • Gforce81
    I hate to say it, but I think it's pretty likely they get nerfed, DRUNKZZ has already tweeted about them regarding balance :/

If they truly do need to change something about em, I hope it's just the amount carried at once. I can deal with having to go get more, or pick them back up off of my enemies, but I CAN'T deal with them doing less damage or having a worse flight path
  • MONEYPYR0
    I hate to say it, but I think it's pretty likely they get nerfed, DRUNKZZ has already tweeted about them regarding balance :/

If they truly do need to change something about em, I hope it's just the amount carried at once. I can deal with having to go get more, or pick them back up off of my enemies, but I CAN'T deal with them doing less damage or having a worse flight path

Even though I think having 6 is fine, because they're not the easiest thing to hit, having a less amount is all they should do, if anything at all. They can only one hit kill at fairly close range, which is the risk to using them, so if they lose that potential, I highly doubt people will use them as much anymore.
  • Gforce81

Even though I think having 6 is fine, because they're not the easiest thing to hit, having a less amount is all they should do, if anything at all. They can only one hit kill at fairly close range, which is the risk to using them, so if they lose that potential, I highly doubt people will use them as much anymore.

Yeah I hope so

We have the borked KE7 making all other LMGS pointless

Crazy powerful Assault with super accurate PNZRFSTS with tanks barely able to stay on the battlefield

TTD bug causing split second deaths

Meanwhile; I've died a grand total of twice to throwing knives since the game came out, but they're one of the first nerfs
  • MONEYPYR0

Yeah I hope so

Crazy powerful Assault with super accurate PNZRFSTS with tanks barely able to stay on the battlefield

Meanwhile; I've died a grand total of twice to throwing knives since the game came out, but they're one of the first nerfs

I've also died like, 2 times from them :lol: Again, hopefully the only change is that you maybe carry less, since thats the only fair thing I would be fine with.
  • MONEYPYR0
    Also, got my clips all put together, enjoy guys!

• Gforce81

Nice dude! That longer range of at 1:38 was delicious

I love hits/kills that are so far away, they're out of the 1 shot kill range

Headshots are especially satisfying like the end there xD
  • MONEYPYR0

Nice dude! That longer range of at 1:38 was delicious

I love hits/kills that are so far away, they're out of the 1 shot kill range

Headshots are especially satisfying like the end there xD

My favorite thing about the headshot ones, is how the person goes into that rigor mortis state where their limbs just freeze up
  • Hawxxeye
    6345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I hope so

Because they allow the Recon do be a bit more useful close to the fight.
    We cannot have Recons getting off their hills and actually fighting together with the rest...
    /sigh