This Week in Battlefield V

The Mine Clearing Charge (THE SNEK) is the worst upgrade in the game. Prove me wrong.

rainkloud
548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Fellow battlefieldians I submit to you as evidence the following:
  • Vastly inferior to the German equivalent the S mine dispenser
  • It shows you have like twelve tubes on the Valentine and like 300 on the Churchill Gun Carrier but your actual ammo count is 4!
  • Causes a "massive explosion in general" that evidently isn't massive enough to drop the walls of a building which would make it at least remotely useful.
  • Oh and it KILLS YOUR TEAMMATES
  • Makes me feel inferior when I look down and then look up and see how LONG it is.
  • Does not yell SNAAAAAAAAAKE when you fire it (you have to do that manually which disturbs my neighbors).
  • Is a line charge but only appears to blow up at the end of the line as opposed to the whole line which would actually make it clear mines which ostensibly is its MOTHER FRACKING JOB.
How to fix this POS?

Triple the ammo and increase the explosions and the severity of the explosions such that it can reliably drop building walls. And of course stop the team killing.

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe stick to shooting Bombers with it?
  • Getier
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It kills teammates? already worth it😂
  • Jodomar
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its does make an explosion that seems massive, yet is puny and largely ineffective in reality.
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Upvoted just for your 5th point. Lmao
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Maybe stick to shooting Bombers with it?

I destroyed all of them - they are extinct!
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't you just tell everyone that the SNEK 360 was the most OP thing in the game, like only yesterday?
  • rainkloud
    Didn't you just tell everyone that the SNEK 360 was the most OP thing in the game, like only yesterday?

Yes I am ashamed to say that I was bought and paid for by the big SNEK industry lobbyists to spread their lies. But I could tolerate no more and even if they send their SNEK goons after me they'll never silence the truth from being exposed! Everything you've heard about the SNEK is a lie! I'm calling for a full SNEK boycott! Don't buy any more Metal Gear games, don't buy any Jake the Snake action figures and don't buy any love pillows with 350?cb=20151211193736&path-prefix=es
    on it
  • Masqerader
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My spitfire says it has 8 air to ground rockets, it only has 4
  • rainkloud
    Masqerader wrote: »
    My spitfire says it has 8 air to ground rockets, it only has 4

I'll trade you? Don't pretend it wouldn't be cool to fire SNEKs on top a bomber.
  • Hawxxeye
    5553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So it can be used to kill these rows of Allied snipers on the hills?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What the point of it. Didn't seem useful so I didn't pick it. I'm always looking for mines anyway.
  • rainkloud
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    So it can be used to kill these rows of Allied snipers on the hills?

Yes although it's difficult to get the aim down right. Sometimes when the tank is at an angle it fires it way in the air and it looks hilarious.
  • rainkloud
    What the point of it. Didn't seem useful so I didn't pick it. I'm always looking for mines anyway.

So in theory if you had a large mine field down a narrow path you could use it to clear out several at once rather than wasting cannon fire detonating them (that doesn't really work now because despite it supposedly being a long string of explosives it really only blows up at the very end of the line). I could also picture it being useful in leveling like an entire wall and then follow up with another one that lands in the building that would blow up most enemy occupants. Finally, it would be potentially useful if it blew up tank traps.

The problem now is that the blast is pretty weak and the radius is small. And the part where I said you could follow up with a snake in the building is hard to do because you can't really aim it. It should shoot out further straight first and then it could land in buildings and give the enemy a nasty surprise. But as it stands it just kinda hits the bottom of even a destroyed building and never makes it in.