Why the Kill Enemies While Prone Assignments?

Sixclicks
5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I literally see that and just stop bothering working on the proficiency assignments. Both the G95 and Enfield are sitting on that now.

1. Being prone makes you an easy target for headshots.

2. I don't find hills sexually attractive.

Please don't give us assignments that ask us to be useless.

Comments

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I had an assignment saying kill two enemies whilst prone, I got it by shooting down to me109’s whilst in a spitfire, weird.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    James-MII wrote: »
    I had an assignment saying kill two enemies whilst prone, I got it by shooting down to me109’s whilst in a spitfire, weird.

Yeah, I never shoot while prone yet somehow I'm making progress on this....?
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I just never go prone while using a bolt action. I feel like it's an ineffective way to fight. You're much better off on your feet where you can quickly move back behind cover.

It's not a difficult assignment. I just don't want to do it. Who really wants to just lay on a hill all game trying to get all those prone kills? That's not how I want to play the game.

I also hate the one on the AL8 that requires me to get a bunch of kills while crouched. At least you can sprint while crouched in this game though.

All of the assault assignments I've done so far are good. They're things like killing enemies while attacking the objective, killing enemies in objective areas, killing enemies in general, and causing so much damage.

While a bunch of the recon ones are assignments that encourage sedentary, useless to the team, gameplay. The exact type of gameplay that I despise in the recon class.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Yeah, I never shoot while prone yet somehow I'm making progress on this....?

I've completed all those daily prone assignments without actually going prone. Doesn't unfortunately mean that all of the prone ones broken.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently, if you crouch instead of going prone, your kills will count for these assignments and challenges.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see no point in any of the Assignments other then unlocks.

Half of the gun visual options are ugly looking and I just use default.
  • Zviko0
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is just like that special assignment where you need to damage enemies for 1000 points while in a transport. This is not very well explained. Do I need to be in a transport or enemies? Probably both works because I've done that assignment with planes destroying light tanks and transport vehicles. Same happened just now when I sniped 2 enemies while I was standing and they were prone and it counted.
  • Zviko0
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Proof that you don't need to be prone. Enemies can be as well.