Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V cutscenes FPS

Hypnodisk30
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Does anybody else have issues with the cutscenes in battlefield V? The game itself runs smoothly but for some reason the top 1/4" of my screen becomes really laggy/jittery which spoils the cutscenes. I've tried changing all of the settings to low but nothing seems to work.

Comments

• Tek720
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mines skips for the 1st fee seconds of every cut scene and then smooths out. Win 10 GTX 1090.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is loading during cutscenes. This causes the jitter. If I recall correctly they fixed this in BF1 by forcing vsync during cutscenes.
  • SGT_Painnn
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm having the same thing with i7 [email protected], 16GB 3200MHz RAM & 1080Ti. I believe it is the loading in the background that causes it. Game runs smooth though. It is a bit annoying that they haven't sorted the jittery cutscenes though.
  • Violent_Rumble
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SGT_Painnn wrote: »
    It is a bit annoying that they haven't sorted the jittery cutscenes though.
    To be fair they've only had 15 years experience at making games, give them a break :D
  • WarTurtleKal
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still looking for a solution but when playing in background cutscenes are at 60+ FPS and when focused on the game they are at 28FPS