Thoughts on Team Switching

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know this is a highly controversial topic. You have some people that say no to team switching because they feel that it is abused and players are always switching over to the winning team. You also have players on the other side of the aisle saying all they want to do is play with friends and they are constantly being put on the other team and not balanced over. Or they wanna switch over to other team when that team needs some help. I can see both sides of the spectrum here but I tend to agree with the team switching.

If it is abused it is abused, maybe dice can find a way to help that from happening. But when I play games like this I want to play with people I know and I want to play with friends amd anything getting in the way of that for me should be removed or something should be added to help it. Unless I join my friends in the game at the same time in the squad together I am always put on the other team never able to switch over. To me that issue supersedes any sort of other negative issue with players abusing it. It is what it is, who cares, just met me switch over to other team with friends....thoughts?

Comments

• Zviko0
    1528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    If your friends are already in game you should automatically be put in their squad. If there are 32 players in that team you should just be put in queue like you are if you try to join in full server and not in the opposite team.

I think this should be dealt with separately, not with team switching. That shouldn't be in the game.
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If it's like BF1, you might be put in the opposing team until there's an opening on your party's side. Oh noze you have to wait a minute to get you're clan pub stomp going fully?
  • Bheid
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long as DICE keeps the auto balancing out of BFV I'm okay with no team switch.

If they add it in like BF1 then team switch needs to be in.

Nothing irritated me more than to be doing well on a winning side in BF1 for the game to switch me to the losing side. That irked me to no end, especially if I had been in the game for the entire time on the winning side. So I would switch back if I could. However there was many times I was balanced to the other side and incur a loss because it happened near the end of the match.

Also, if they limited you to how many times you could swap a day I would be ok with that. If I'm working on a challenge and need to be a certain faction I would like to be able to move to that faction.

• tamatem13
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Other than the pro team switching points you mentioned...
    There are also the cases when ppl just like playing a specific team (attacking for example) and want to switch over

Yes for switching teams!
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No for switching, forces you to ride it out and not have a team of switchers and quitters looking for another lobby
  • afatgoat
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    leave team switches off. fix the que so you don't need to form a new squad when inviting friends into a full squad.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game needs better team balancing though.

Starting to notice lopsided match ups late at night when servers are starting to empty.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »
    As long as DICE keeps the auto balancing out of BFV I'm okay with no team switch.

If they add it in like BF1 then team switch needs to be in.

Nothing irritated me more than to be doing well on a winning side in BF1 for the game to switch me to the losing side. That irked me to no end, especially if I had been in the game for the entire time on the winning side. So I would switch back if I could. However there was many times I was balanced to the other side and incur a loss because it happened near the end of the match.

Also, if they limited you to how many times you could swap a day I would be ok with that. If I'm working on a challenge and need to be a certain faction I would like to be able to move to that faction.

I agree with the auto balancing, it was horrible. But what I did like about that was it automatically switched me to the side my friends were on when there was a available slot. This needs to be back in bf5.