Support Class nerf when?

cethars
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just got out of a game where half the enemy team was support because someone thought it was a good idea to make the support class machine guns shoot as far as a Sniper with little effort...

Comments

• Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lay prone with sight lines on an objective. Gain laser-like accuracy at insane ranges. Not moving means people can't see you as you blend into the environment. The moment you see movement, fire laser. Insane accuracy and damage at range result in death. Repeat.

When you give someone a system that allows for easy kills and relative immunity, they'll take you up on the offer; and they'd doing it in droves.
  • Hawxxeye
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The KE7 is getting nerfed, the rest will stay the same for now I think
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lay prone with sight lines on an objective. Gain laser-like accuracy at insane ranges. Not moving means people can't see you as you blend into the environment. The moment you see movement, fire laser. Insane accuracy and damage at range result in death. Repeat.

When you give someone a system that allows for easy kills and relative immunity, they'll take you up on the offer; and they'd doing it in droves.

Ah you are talking about the Sniper right ? You know the one who now doesnt even have to care about the Scope Glint because without suppression no one can touch him anyway. Because if someone is so silly and even manages to put a few round in him, he can take all of his time and make a perfect headshot because his View isnt challenged at all.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Ah you are talking about the Sniper right ? You know the one who now doesnt even have to care about the Scope Glint because without suppression no one can touch him anyway. Because if someone is so silly and even manages to put a few round in him, he can take all of his time and make a perfect headshot because his View isnt challenged at all.

I had the drop on a sniper yesterday, hit him multiple times including one headshot--and then I was dead because my bullets hitting him didn't stop him from threading the needle with a headshot even though technically he was already mostly dead. Yeah, I'd like to see that changed, somebody taking that kind of damage should not be able to perform like he's on a firing range back at his base. Maybe they don't need to take suppression back to BF3 levels, but there should be a middle ground where players who are just barely alive can't still function as if they hadn't been wounded at all.
    Post edited by parkingbrake on
  • cee310
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    too much camping in this game, it's feels like i'm playing hardcore cod most of the time.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix the ammo crate before you nerf anything. Its so bad now. 9/10 times it never places unless you're on flat ground and even then its a toss up. I really miss the days you could just fling them anywhere.

And the interaction requirement needs to be nixed as well. No one ever does it. Many many many times I've come upon a random squad and tried to do my job by putting the crate right in front of their faces only for them to completely ignore it.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The KE7 definitely has some issues but let's have it right the Assault class has a couple of weapons that are equally BS.
  • thamac15
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cethars wrote: »
    Just got out of a game where half the enemy team was support because someone thought it was a good idea to make the support class machine guns shoot as far as a Sniper with little effort...

Good grief folks, stop crying about everything. Support class is just fine as it is. Get better at the game and stop whining like little brats that don’t get what they want.
  • DarIthris
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd say the same thing about Recon. Except this time they have Glare but god forbid if I even hit them a few times, they still nail my head no problem. They don't flinch.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No mate the Support class are fine as they are, the KE7 is strong but it needs to be to go up against the assault weapons.
    What platform do you game on? On PS4 it's the Assault class that's taken over the meta
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No mate the Support class are fine as they are, the KE7 is strong but it needs to be to go up against the assault weapons.
    What platform do you game on? On PS4 it's the Assault class that's taken over the meta

Assualts always been the Mets I’ve had no issues going against any class as support and I’ve not even used the ke7 since unlocking the m30 drilling. In fact I’ve barely used any other support weapon besides the m30.

At the moment support is my most used class as well.
  • Trokey66
    8169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a troll thread right?

By the God's this must be a troll thread.

Please tell me this is a troll thread!
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    This is a troll thread right?

By the God's this must be a troll thread.

Please tell me this is a troll thread!

You best start believing in trolls threads, cause you’re in one.

Honestly with all the threads here lately I can’t tell who is genuinely serious, trolling, or at worst crying about everything.
  • KatyPerryisan_ET
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assault needs nerf not support. They have the best all around guns in the game. Support is handicap to play a certain style.

Support got actually nerf compare to BF1.

1. No more suppressions
    2. MMG can't ADS not to mention that you can't no longer get scoped sight
    3. Can't refill grenades anymore
    4. Ammo crate nerf in general and you only get 10 pts for resupplying
    5. Still has the slowest movement speed and ADS delay out of all the classes
  • CarolSuemy
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMAO, every class you must have some skill to play with, but support has been very OP, because you don't need effort to aim, it dosn’t have any recoil, and this game have a lot of dark corners for their bipod. I just guess that is not fair.

In short the classes: Assault it's OK, Sniper too, Medic is a **** because of weak weapons, Support it's OP.

I played all Closed Alpha, Beta and I have been playing about 220 hours, I understand why the game is like this. At Alpha everybody played as Medic but did not revive or suplly anyone because prefered to stay sniping from far, that rifle was very OP ... Nobody played in support because of that weapons was very havy, no accurancy and slow ... So the game did not have ammo and medic package. So they change, bring the Medic close to the battle and being the Support much easyer.

I could play with this Support class and do the same as the others, but for me, that isn't challenging, haven't funny, I wouldn't be proud myself. For my style to play, I do not like unbalance, I don't like play easy, I don't like cowardice and I don't like to play as a coward.

I don't know how they will fix this balance, I understand that it's very complicate.

I only hadn't stop play it, because of they returned with the old TTK (thank you so much for) and because of the Tides of War. But I have been realy miss to play the BF3 and BF4.

Again it's just IMAO.
  • GrizzGolf
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I get killed most of the time by camping support. Now I spend most of my games hunting them and knifing them.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, ok... Let me post in the same spirit then:

Dumb whine threads nerf when?
  • KMAsterisk
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni wrote: »
    Ok, ok... Let me post in the same spirit then:

Dumb whine threads nerf when?

AGREE 100%

Dice plz nerf chat, whining is OP. Plz limit characters in post, people can just shoot off at the mouth with no recoil, or spawn camp convos.

KE7 is pretty vicious but it's not alone in that category. There's been weapons like it in prior games but they were usually behind DLC or assignment walls, not the initial weapon unlock (but not unheard of either). I'd rather see a slight buff to the medics as opposed to nerfing assault/support/gadgets/gosh forbid whatever kills player more than once in a round.

If some posters would put some thought/effort into adjusting their gameplay instead of turning the chat into a 24/7 cryfest, maybe classes/weapons wouldn't appear so OP.