More bugs than a Jungle and TTK/TTL rant

FopaUK
23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I hope the incoming patch is going to fix this game, i feel somewhat saddened that the game is in such a poor state currently. I can actually only stomach playing when i am in a squad with friends, as the teamwork makes up for having to endure such a poor experience. It must be awful as s solo pub player. I have been playing the Battlefield series since the very first release and for me BF2 was the best release of this game for sheer and outright game play. What i cant quite understand is why they would take successful working models and then tinker with them until they are a complete and utter cluster ****. Battlefield 1 was stunning not just for its visuals but for its simplicity. It's as if Lars and his team are told to develop a game that is completely new in terms of concept, reworking the revive system, which quite frankly is the worst in the series. It's no wonder that they offered free DLC, at this rate i would be very surprised if the game even has a player base in 12 months time.

After pre-ordering deluxe it appears that my wallet has been savagely ****, but that is not the crux of the problem here.

FFS i don't even know where to start.

TTL/TTK is just outrageously ill thought out in its implementation, its bizarre to say the least i just cannot understand how they can get it so badly wrong, have they even seriously played the game. The visual customisations of weapons and characters is ****, and the weapons handling is equally shocking. The custom server searches are still broken, the only thing that i haven't heard yet, is the automatic support weapon gun fire caught in a continuous loop. Bungie admitted they made a serious mess of their release of Destiny 2, but at least listened to the community and won back their user base with the very good Foresaken release. DICE though are yet to acknowledge that this **** needs a serious polish. I recall Lars commenting about wanting to keep the experience authentic, well let me tell you as an ex-soldier, you cannot run around hip firing a support weapon, the idea is ridiculous, or perhaps for an SMG to be as effective as a Sniper rifle. The MG42 doesn't sound like an MG42 but these last few issues are not the crux of the problem here at all.

The inability to be able to get back around a corner when taking fire is simply lacking, its like your fate is already decided just as a trade off commences.

Comments

• Hatebreedknot
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am so glad that so many people thinkig the same about this pre alpha game
  • jeepmont
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP. Try playing on an out of region server. I live on the US east coast and play on European servers so I don't get instakilled like I do on US servers. I have time to fire back or get behind cover. It still takes a mag to kill someone.
  • FopaUK
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jeepmont wrote: »
    OP. Try playing on an out of region server. I live on the US east coast and play on European servers so I don't get instakilled like I do on US servers. I have time to fire back or get behind cover. It still takes a mag to kill someone.

That's an interesting suggestion you have made there. However, i have an awesome connection and will opt for more localised servers.
  • Baabbas
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

kind of a lame advice dude.
    the solution for his problem is to ruin the fun for others?
  • digga11
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Baabbas wrote: »

kind of a lame advice dude.
    the solution for his problem is to ruin the fun for others?

People have been doing this pre bf1.
  • Sebstinator23
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP you are overreaction in my opinion. This is not BF1. They told clearly that they are making a diffent approach.

There are bugs. Many bugs, but it's a least not at bad as BF4.
    For me it mostly helps changing the server (same region) if bugs are too present.

Weapon handling is awesome and TTK is perfect. There is simply a bug in TTD which gives you all the hits at once. Thats the annoying part, cause you can't do anything. Hopefully they will fix it.
  • FopaUK

<Snip> ...TTK is perfect. There is simply a bug in TTD which gives you all the hits at once. Thats the annoying part, cause you can't do anything. Hopefully they will fix it.

You are entitled to your opinion as am i. I have many hours logged already and FPS gamed for near on two decades now. TTK is not perfect, its problematic. The grenades, problematic, there are a lot of issues in this current build. I work very closely with the Video game development industry and the conversations today were around the need to drive through change at the expense of previous sound working models. Whether this is pressure from EA, look at the annual FIFA releases as an example this behemoth and deeply loved franchise is not in a great place at this moment in time. With that said, it is easy see to that successful squad work can temporarily plaster over the problems and DICE will eventually get things right, but at what cost to their existing user base.

• Sebstinator23
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Time just flies. I also started FPS years ago when BF 1942 was released. Please don't tell nobody ,should have been three years older to play it officially... ;)

So what's problematic about TTK? Too fast?
    Grenades are nearly useless, because it takes way too long till they explode.
    Also on PS4 sometimes it's reloading instead of throwing it back.

Btw, things change always and everywhere, so that's kind of a normal process we need to adopt to.
  • funkymonk71
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FopaUK wrote: »
    I hope the incoming patch is going to fix this game, i feel somewhat saddened that the game is in such a poor state currently. I can actually only stomach playing when i am in a squad with friends, as the teamwork makes up for having to endure such a poor experience. It must be awful as s solo pub player. I have been playing the Battlefield series since the very first release and for me BF2 was the best release of this game for sheer and outright game play. What i cant quite understand is why they would take successful working models and then tinker with them until they are a complete and utter cluster ****. Battlefield 1 was stunning not just for its visuals but for its simplicity. It's as if Lars and his team are told to develop a game that is completely new in terms of concept, reworking the revive system, which quite frankly is the worst in the series. It's no wonder that they offered free DLC, at this rate i would be very surprised if the game even has a player base in 12 months time.

After pre-ordering deluxe it appears that my wallet has been savagely ****, but that is not the crux of the problem here.

FFS i don't even know where to start.

TTL/TTK is just outrageously ill thought out in its implementation, its bizarre to say the least i just cannot understand how they can get it so badly wrong, have they even seriously played the game. The visual customisations of weapons and characters is ****, and the weapons handling is equally shocking. The custom server searches are still broken, the only thing that i haven't heard yet, is the automatic support weapon gun fire caught in a continuous loop. Bungie admitted they made a serious mess of their release of Destiny 2, but at least listened to the community and won back their user base with the very good Foresaken release. DICE though are yet to acknowledge that this **** needs a serious polish. I recall Lars commenting about wanting to keep the experience authentic, well let me tell you as an ex-soldier, you cannot run around hip firing a support weapon, the idea is ridiculous, or perhaps for an SMG to be as effective as a Sniper rifle. The MG42 doesn't sound like an MG42 but these last few issues are not the crux of the problem here at all.

The inability to be able to get back around a corner when taking fire is simply lacking, its like your fate is already decided just as a trade off commences.

Could not agree more with all of this-you're spot on!

Thought it was just me with the smg/sniper thing....there's just no way that an smg should have the same range etc as a sniper rifle or even a scoped lmg with bipod deployed and yet apparently in Bf5 it does.

Tbh-all i wanted was Bf1 but in a ww2 skin

Bf1 had far more atmosphere,tension,intensity and to me looked better too

• Elmask98
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

<Snip> ...TTK is perfect. There is simply a bug in TTD which gives you all the hits at once. Thats the annoying part, cause you can't do anything. Hopefully they will fix it.

You are entitled to your opinion as am i. I have many hours logged already and FPS gamed for near on two decades now. TTK is not perfect, its problematic. The grenades, problematic, there are a lot of issues in this current build. I work very closely with the Video game development industry and the conversations today were around the need to drive through change at the expense of previous sound working models. Whether this is pressure from EA, look at the annual FIFA releases as an example this behemoth and deeply loved franchise is not in a great place at this moment in time. With that said, it is easy see to that successful squad work can temporarily plaster over the problems and DICE will eventually get things right, but at what cost to their existing user base.

Yes you are, but at the same time the game is on a great spot for the non-cassualfield 1 players. There are many bugs since it launched a few weeks ago and the battlefield team takes it's time fixing making stuff work. I did not like Battlefield 1, this game is faster paced and rewards team play but at the same time when there is a flanking opportunity its also rewarded. Just keep playing the game and get better, why settle for casual when you can be a amateur. If you like Battlefield 1 keep playing it nothing is stopping you, this is a new game different than all the other BF games so far.
  • FopaUK
    Elmask98 wrote: »

<Snip Drivel>... Just keep playing the game and get better, why settle for casual when you can be a amateur. If you like Battlefield 1 keep playing it nothing is stopping you, this is a new game different than all the other BF games so far.

I don't think your quite understanding the crux of the problem. But frankly i cant be bothered addressing ill thought out responses such as 'get better' so i will not bother with a more informative reply.