17 Hours in. I get it. Finally.

KILLUNCLE84
129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It's took the above hours AND not playing conquest for me to realise how good this game is. A shift in speed is required like mentally. It's full on. The guns improve as you progress (Lewis gun with a scope is like the BF1 variant) The maps click. Games of Breakthrough and Frontlines work incredibly well. The whole barricade system works. Players build resupply stations. Intelligence rears it's head finally. Players move back and forth from the frontlines to resupply. Attrition makes sense in these modes. Quit conquest. Lean forward in your chair. Strain them tired eyes and look for enemy movement. Change up a few gears. Be a bit more slow in your approach and it suddenly clicks. Just took 17 hours and a lot of swearing at the telly.

Comments

• CinkCobra
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Totally agree, frontlines and breakthrough are awesome and is how this game should be played imo. I'm done with conquest. Twisted metal frontlines is amazing.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I reckon a lot of people don't wanna quit conquest though. Thats a problem. Some of us like myself actually buy the game for conquest. We played frontlines tonight and were bored to tears after 10 minutes of playing.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CinkCobra wrote: »
    Totally agree, frontlines and breakthrough are awesome and is how this game should be played imo. I'm done with conquest. Twisted metal frontlines is amazing.

Giving up on Conquest was the big thing for me. Some of the drawn out frontlines games remind of the brilliant Rush maps from BFBC2. Really pleased I gave it some time and patience.
  • CinkCobra
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gives me hope for rushs return.
  • SacredFlames900
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If someone tells me there is a way to lower all character voices, I would buy the game. The character voices are so annoying, especially when they yell. Also character voices isn't really the reason I am not buying. There is a huge reason why. But is there a way to disable such things?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    do you play alone or with mates? I'm struggling with conquest when I play alone. It's not too bad with mates but I'm willing to try alternate modes when I'm playing solo cos it's doing my head in conquest as solo. Just too hectic and unpredictable. Specially with the spotting so watered down.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    do you play alone or with mates? I'm struggling with conquest when I play alone. It's not too bad with mates but I'm willing to try alternate modes when I'm playing solo cos it's doing my head in conquest as solo. Just too hectic and unpredictable. Specially with the spotting so watered down.

I'm old so not many mates play so I'm normally solo. But I get on a good squad that uses the new spotting thing give out supplies (you know the deal - you've played the games) I add a few people and before you know it it's all good. Trust me the frontlines and operations/breakthrough modes do seem 1000% better. I feel your pain and since launch I've tried with conquest but it's just a nightmare. That mode nearly made me give up on this version. Way to fast and random. Add me KILL UNCLE if you wanna.
  • TyroneLoyd
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I gave up on conquest about a week in. I enjoy breakthrough much more. No catch up just pure unadulterated mayhem where i can flank and mow down anyone.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quit conquest.

Never!
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BFV, for your conquest need, DOmination is better. less players let you know think more about your move
  • JUJAMAKILL
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was always a huge conquest fan, but i am really digging the Grand operations mode atm. I just wish the scoreboard would count the number of flags capped, cause my KD is rubbish lol
  • ProAssassin2003
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard Breakthrough was good.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tdm and frontlines are quite nice in bfv.

I’ll play conquest with mates, but I constantly think to myself, Zerg. Zerg hard. Zerg. Zerg hard.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    I tried that Breakthrough, its WAY more of a clusterf*ck than Conquest imo. Frontlines seems alright though
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I tried that Breakthrough, its WAY more of a clusterf*ck than Conquest imo. Frontlines seems alright though

Yeah, Breakthrough is just atrocious. It's just a repeat of BF1's 64-player Operations, which was in itself unbearably bad. When you have that many people fighting over one or two objectives, and the maps still have bombers and V1 rocket call-ins, you're just asking for a terrible all-around experience. It doesn't even have Battlefield's scale, either, and since you're crammed into a small area of each map it throws away most of the options/variety that Conquest has to offer.

I can't for the life of me understand the appeal.
  • Delta_02_Cat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, Breakthrough is just atrocious. It's just a repeat of BF1's 64-player Operations, which was in itself unbearably bad. When you have that many people fighting over one or two objectives, and the maps still have bombers and V1 rocket call-ins, you're just asking for a terrible all-around experience. It doesn't even have Battlefield's scale, either, and since you're crammed into a small area of each map it throws away most of the options/variety that Conquest has to offer.

I can't for the life of me understand the appeal.

Probably the same why people played Metro/Locker only. Now don't ask me why, I will never get it but it offers the same "run, gun, spam grenades and rockets, die, die, die and die again" gameplay.
  • LanceKilkenny65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's took the above hours AND not playing conquest for me to realise how good this game is. A shift in speed is required like mentally. It's full on. The guns improve as you progress (Lewis gun with a scope is like the BF1 variant) The maps click. Games of Breakthrough and Frontlines work incredibly well. The whole barricade system works. Players build resupply stations. Intelligence rears it's head finally. Players move back and forth from the frontlines to resupply. Attrition makes sense in these modes. Quit conquest. Lean forward in your chair. Strain them tired eyes and look for enemy movement. Change up a few gears. Be a bit more slow in your approach and it suddenly clicks. Just took 17 hours and a lot of swearing at the telly.

Yup... btw break through is just operations in BF1 which was my fave. A 3X scope goes a long way as assault or support... not too impressed with medic guns yet, have not played scout.
  • disposalist
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, so it's just the core game mode they've ruined? Cool.

Frontlines and Ops were boring camp-fests on BF1 nevermind BF5.

Ah, I get it. That's why Frontlines and Ops work well in BF5.
  • HardAimedKid
    11180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Took me 10 hours of play time to not hate it, really enjoying it now.