Weekly BF

BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• Jumpy-B-L
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the Grass PC version. All you need to do right now is put graphics settings to LOW and you can see all the people laying prone in grass and shoot them when they think they are in cover. Immersion killer and an advantage over people running in ultra enjoying the graphics but wondering how they are being shot. Needs fix ASAP.

So true. I switched to low to see for myself. Not only is grass not drawn, windows don't pop in until rather close. Very easy to see a player standing in one. They think they're obscured by the glass for sure.
  • HiltonR007
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Today i lost another round of rewards: 3skins,some badges after 1 match.. WTF. I waited to end ,and all that,still nothing. I wonder what happens if i advance in my specialization and go past the previous rewards..are they forever gone?
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nicey1958 wrote: »
    Delay being able to spawn in a bomber until 10 seconds into the start of the game,then if your in base, its your own fault if u get killed by one.sick of seeing 10 kills before u get chance to get out of base with vehicles.Less headshots and less shotgun sniping. You should not be able to headshot with a shotgun someone over 200 metres away. buff the AA or add a cpl more. As far as i know, there no restriction to the number of rcon in a match. seriously think u need to do this. One of the most off putting things in the game is to spawn/die with some ridiculous shot esp from distance when the teams are full of snipers.
    Just going to say those first few bombing kills that I get at the enemy spawn makes me smile until I get killed by spitfires 5 seconds later. So, if people want to talk **** about the JU-88 let’s first talk about the spitfire VA because at level 1 you can get 8 MGs on that thing that take down bombers in seconds now that’s OP and needs to be nerfed. When the spitfire is nerfed then we can talk about nerfing bombers.

• SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of discussion about TTK/TTD updates, revive changes, and a few other odds-and-ends improvement/changes coming up with next BFV update release.

We’re lining up internally to discuss these in a more formal format. What do you want to know more about? Let’s talk!

Update:

What a great bout of feedback the past 24 hours! Thanks to you for being vocal, we're working on an article that will provide clarity on the following:

- Our vision for TTK/TTD
    - Revive changes
    - Weapon balancing
    - Medic balancing
    - Max Rank Company Coin accrual
    - And more

HARDCORE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some player dont want play normal mode, its like shooting with water gun and the kill cam, mines dont kill, granate doesnt kill!!! this is war not pinball
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of discussion about TTK/TTD updates, revive changes, and a few other odds-and-ends improvement/changes coming up with next BFV update release.

We’re lining up internally to discuss these in a more formal format. What do you want to know more about? Let’s talk!

Update:

What a great bout of feedback the past 24 hours! Thanks to you for being vocal, we're working on an article that will provide clarity on the following:

- Our vision for TTK/TTD
    - Revive changes
    - Weapon balancing
    - Medic balancing
    - Max Rank Company Coin accrual
    - And more

HARDCORE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some player dont want play normal mode, its like shooting with water gun and the kill cam, mines dont kill, granate doesnt kill!!! this is war not pinball

I want hardcore mode too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ApexAEF
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    artorn10 wrote: »
    finally i uninstall bf5 - last game for me from EA:) im proud of me that i dont bought **** fifa

I hear you bro, I'm very close to doing the same. Didn't even actually purchase it. Just have it on Origin Access. My game won't even load 99 percent of the time, and EA's radio-silence on so many of the major bugs is just appaling.
  • ShuToshio
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you guys just do team balancing properly?
  • BUZZOSAW777
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    December 3, 2018 8:40AM edited 8:45AM
    Couple Important items to be addressed:

1. Please adjust the latency so we are not catering to players from too far away. Stop making the game playable for players with 150-200 ping they need to play in there own regions to make our game play better. The game should be optimized for no more than 75 ping.
    2. Please make a spawn timer - this is a problem dating back to bf4. Why do you allow snipers and tanks to sit behind the spawn line where we cannot engage them? This has been an on going issue. give them 30 seconds to leave the spawn or they should have a death timer.
    3. Stop encouraging people to lay down and camp in corners. Too many bi-pods and too accurate please find a way to address this. No one likes the hidden camper who never moves. Campers who don't move for 10 seconds or keep a bi-pod deployed for more than 10 seconds should be automatically spotted.
    4. Fix the mother######## ticket bleed catch up mechanism this is by far the worst part of the new game. Strategic and team play is completely nullified buy your **** manipulated ticket system. BF4 should be the model for ticket bleed.
    5. Fix the game friend join it does not work very well. Bring back private 3rd party servers and battlelog.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are they going to fix the forum problem here where I can't post in the PC section?
    And balance is still a problem.
    I find myself on losing teams 70% of the time, so it's far from "Luck of the draw".
    Lastly, how do I complain to my ISP about packet loss, etc, and ask them to run an ip trace when the IP number is not available?
    And if it's on your end, please fix packet loss.
  • J0K3Rs_EM1N3NT
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just for god sake do something about optimizition on pc !
    i get fps drop and stutter all the time
  • Cemtexx
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see Levolution from BF4 to allow Rotterdam to be more of a open and destroyed feel by end of the game to lead into destruction, and the hangar to be completely destroyed on aerodrome, or even bring back the Behemoths, theres alot from BF1 and 4 that they can being over to this 1, the BF4 levolution and BF1 behemoths would be a great addtion to this game.
  • JBarksdale
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Something I would love to see is on the scoreboards, to be able to see how many revives medics have. A revive count along with the Kills, Deaths, and Points and what not. That way when people are dedicated medics the teams can see that they're working, also for self improvement reasons as well.
  • Dancovich
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stop making the game playable for players with 150-200 ping they need to play in there own regions to make our game play better. The game should be optimized for no more than 75 ping.

I'm in the South America region. Since launch I go to the server browser, choose "South America" and nothing else (so all maps, all modes, any number of players, etc). Know how many servers I see? One!

Then you say "oh too bad you're from an underpopulated region" but no, this one server is 24/7 full with 64 players and a queue, so there is demand. Also BF1 right now has way more South America servers than BFV.

So unless EA and DICE can give us a good amount of servers in our region to play on they can't optimize the game for 75 ping.

Before you start complaining, I search for South America servers EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to play. I'll even wait on the queue several minutes before giving up because guess what, I too don't like playing on 150+ ping servers.

The real request here is "EA, give us players outside US good servers to play the game we paid for".

2. Please make a spawn timer - this is a problem dating back to bf4. Why do you allow snipers and tanks to sit behind the spawn line where we cannot engage them? This has been an on going issue. give them 30 seconds to leave the spawn or they should have a death timer.

Because the other side of the coin is teams lawnmowering other teams by capping all flags and then camping outside of the starting spawn point. That was a problem dating way back to the first battlefield.

It's not perfect but the current way it works is better. If players stay behind the spawn line but can shoot you then you can shoot them, mark the area and ask for the support or recon of your squad to take him down.

4. Stop encouraging people to lay down and camp in corners. Too many bi-pods and too accurate please find a way to address this. No one likes the hidden camper who never moves. Campers who don't move for 10 seconds or keep a bi-pod deployed for more than 10 seconds should be automatically spotted.

This rule can't be enforced. If the time to be spotted is 10 seconds then pro players will move an inch after 9.9 seconds.

The attrition system is the mechanic made to counter this. Support players need to stop every few seconds to grab ammo and recon players need to actually look for an ammo crate after they run out of bullets.
    6. Fix the mother######## ticket bleed catch up mechanism this is by far the worst part of the new game. Strategic and team play is completely nullified buy your **** manipulated ticket system. BF4 should be the model for ticket bleed.

They acknowledged that, I believe tomorrow's patch will address this.

• TrickyPigeon
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is awful. Boxes/cars that can not be moved by tank - veeeery nice. OP panzerfaust hits harder that AT canon. Dozens of snipers... Bugs everywhere, EA Games - Early Access Games? Btw now it looks like PTW ready. Toxic players that just for loolz drive your panzerwagen out of the battlefield. Oh... delux edition bonuses are trash, they are usles and ugly.
    So few tanks/weapons/planes.... This is my last EA purchase.
  • Maj_Triax
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way to much run and gun and no team play. Feels like COD alot to me. Need more vehicles. Like to see other clan mates running in another squad on my team playing the objectives by using another color than other randoms would be nice. Sry guys I am a disabled vet who like to play as realistic as possible. Dont care for run and gun.
  • Dbl0Douche
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only a few things I see need attention.

1. AA guns are way to week against planes and infantry.
    2. Anti tank grenades are almost useless against vehicles
    3. Smgs feel like you are shooting a pellet gun
    4. Suppression is nonexistent.
    5. Ttk. People take way to many shots to kill in some cases. With certain weapons. The m1a1 carbine for example. Way to many shots to put someone down. Some I believe are fine others need buffs.
    6. Stop calling for nerfs on weapons. Everyone keeps crying to nerf everything we might as well just get actual nerf weapon skins for all the guns in game.
  • TrickyPigeon
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Forgot to mention, I played bf1 238 hours, I liked that game, I've open all weapons there etc. Bf5 - 214 hrs and here I have only few guns and vehicles/planes ugraded. NICE! Amazing!
  • MikeGrecian73
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another one to add to the long list.... Can you do something about the colour banding? It's especially evident during the cut scenes, mind you, it's not as bad as the banding and pixelation that Battlefront two suffers from..... EA, can you get your hdr fixed?
  • ALEX37330
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    How many bf count for me ?
    Stop after bf3 😞
  • Dbl0Douche
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maj_Triax wrote: »
    Way to much run and gun and no team play. Feels like COD alot to me. Need more vehicles. Like to see other clan mates running in another squad on my team playing the objectives by using another color than other randoms would be nice. Sry guys I am a disabled vet who like to play as realistic as possible. Dont care for run and gun.

I’m not a disabled vet but I share your thoughts on making changes to the game and take away the run and gun aspect of the game.
    Many of us who play bf, especially the older crowd which honestly was the larger player base in bf games, doesn’t like the cod style run and gun gameplay. That’s why we played bf games in the first place.

Being able to have a set of colors for friendly team to be able to see by color code the different squads on the team would be cool. Would make coordinating with other squads in game. I like how you made players start w less ammo so we have to have a support or gather ammo from the boxes.

Also making medics and I think it’s support that can equip smoke is good so no class is a do al class. Maybe implement heavier suppression effects if u are x meters away from your squad mates. Being completely separated from your squad would result in heavy suppression effects. I’m sure people here could have more suggestions to make the game emphasize squad play over the run n gun mechanic so prevalent in today’s FPS games.