BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The comm rose prompts/requests are too easy to miss even with the chat box on.
    We need stronger visual and audible messages from people who need medic/ammo/orders etc. Especially since many people turn the chat off.
    Also all the assignments even the gold tint ones should have an alternative long grindy option that does not require things to be done in a single life/ round.
    The Gold plated iron sights are actually a gameplay advantage since they do not blend with dark places and the grey figures of enemies.
    All the classes should have smoke grenades if not all grenades. It is really important to have some smoke nades to get past some camper lanes
  • Sturmfrisur
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pls fix the ww2 feeling
    bring back battlelog browser
    nerve the bombers
    fix the broken vehicles

oh and i would pay for a ww2 dlc for bf1 :hushed:
  • 13th_Timelord
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the Grass PC version. All you need to do right now is put graphics settings to LOW and you can see all the people laying prone in grass and shoot them when they think they are in cover. Immersion killer and an advantage over people running in ultra enjoying the graphics but wondering how they are being shot. Needs fix ASAP.
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTD and TTK needs some love

Medic guns need a buff

We need better explanations on the range/bullet speed of snipers

Bombers need to be nerfed

Fix the various spawn bugs

Fix the kill cam so that we can actually get an idea of where the enemy is at.

Nerf LMGs across the board

Shorten the fuse time on grenades or give us the ability to cook them

Fix the spotting flare

• Masqerader
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There better be a serious reduction in the range of AA, this shooting across the map is getting old while never leaving your uncap.
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh and nerf Fighter planes into the ground please. They are ridiculously OP.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Oh and nerf Fighter planes into the ground please. They are ridiculously OP.

Why everyone want always to nerf vehicles in battlefield jesus god. Make BIG 3d MARK SPOTING ON ALL SNIPERS it would be good

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. Coins bug, any compensation for wasting time as lvl 50 player.
    2. Vehicles rebalance (+additional desciption info about default model and its weapons). Tiger tank buff.
    2.1 Panzerfaust nerf, decrease it's amount per player to 1.
    3. Operations rework (as it was in BF 1), without conquests etc.
    4. Suppression for LMG (+ Ke-7 nerf, hip fire from static MGs nerf).
    5. Sniper rifle ballistic change. Sniping is way too easy, that why we have tons of campers every round which does not care about objective.
    6. SMGs effective range buff or new weapons for medics (DMR, bolt action rofles without scopes).
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »

Not a single chance they do that. They are already nerfing the damage. If they limited it to 1 per person then we are gonna be back to old days of Tanks being unstoppable K/D machines and nobody wants that aside from Vehicle campers.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Coins bug, any compensation for wasting time as lvl 50 player.

it could be the best think what they could do. But they wont do anything XD Im very curious about fix in 4th i will lol hard if they increase lvl do 60 or something like this XD

• Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Not a single chance they do that. They are already nerfing the damage. If they limited it to 1 per person then we are gonna be back to old days of Tanks being unstoppable K/D machines and nobody wants that aside from Vehicle campers.

One player do not supposed to handle with heavy tank solo, atleast from the front. At the moment infantry just over swarming any tank with panzerfausts because every player has 2 or even 3 (if took ammo from the crate) rockets. We have now tons of assaults players (coz that class has good weapons) and when tank appears on horizont, like 3-4 panzerfaust already fly to it asap, after few seconds another rockets. Tiger can handle only 2 shoots per sides or probably 3 from the front. This numbers tells us that at the moment it is almost impossible to support infantry on close range as tank, only from the high distance or you will be dead in few seconds. By the way assaults has c4 aswell, so tanks dont have any chances in close combat action. Thats why tanks are camping on the hills instead of pushing objectives.
  • CoyotexStarrk619

One player do not supposed to handle with heavy tank solo, atleast from the front. At the moment infantry just over swarming any tank with panzerfausts because every player has 2 or even 3 (if took ammo from the crate) rockets. We have now tons of assaults players (coz that class has good weapons) and when tank appears on horizont, like 3-4 panzerfaust already fly to it asap, after few seconds another rockets. Tiger can handle only 2 shoots per sides or probably 3 from the front. This numbers tells us that at the moment it is almost impossible to support infantry on close range as tank, only from the high distance or you will be dead in few seconds. By the way assaults has c4 aswell, so tanks dont have any chances in close combat action. Thats why tanks are camping on the hills instead of pushing objectives.

Then those tanks need better support. You aren;t supposed to be a one man army as a tank. You are supposed to need help.

The days of the one man tank army is over. Thank god for that.
  • real3hunna
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    - footstep sounds are not good sometimes ( surround doesnt work with my hypercloudx2, its sounds abnormal and very bad, stereo is better right now )
    - 1 range weapon for medic
    - 1 more smoke for medic
    - stg44 feels not that good after the nerf
    - aa dmg vs bombers too less
    - animation after revive is somekinda strange sometimes
    - ke7 nerf ( its op )
    - little buff for medic weapons ( they are not that bad but a small buff would be great )
    - sometimes the game still crashes u back to desktop without any information
    - choose and change things for planes/tanks ingame
    - BE HARD/ FAST TO CHEATERS ( maybe put in a easyer report button )
    - little bit more coins for upgrades
    - buff a bit spotting flares for recon/ planes

• SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My 'list' so far is;

- the extreme performance dip when enabled DX12 + DXR. My system is i7-8700k + 32GB RAM + RTX2080Ti, but it barely pulls 60 FPS on 1440p. with tons of Micro stuttering.. So I switched back to DX11 just to have a smooth gameplay.

- Sounds of footsteps have never been more important then in BF-V, please buff the footsteps sounds in close proximity. This increases the gap slighty regarding skill based gameplay, which I think is a good thing.

- Dogfighting in the sky is gone, bring it back to the battlefield. current state there is no intensive dogfighting, now it's just whoever picks up the tail first wins. We simple cant out manouvre, the turns are massively large. 'handbraking' is a thing now.

- Be carefull on nerving bombers. I understand the frustration surrounding the JU88 currently, but many people haven't upgraded the spitfire yet. I have and I can tell it shreds the JU88 in split seconds with the 6x machineguns. (I'm thinking back at the nerf of the Trench Fighter in Bf1. from most populare plane to never used again plane)

- Planes in general have many 'unfinished' things, like no pilots, incorrect working of 3d camera on various planes, incorrect minimap on various planes, bomber scopes not working correctly, etc.

- As stated by other players, the Tanks could use a slight armor buff, now they get destroyed easily by 1 assault player while the movement of the turret makes it a lot more difficult to kill a single player. I've seen many matches were none of my team players even consider to spawn in a tank.

- My last thing is visuability still needs tweaking. in Urban maps like Rotterdam or Devistation I don't have much problems spotting enemies, but in Earodome or Hamada the Visuals are terrible. propably due to high brightness / lightning / light colours of the map itself.

My 2 cents.

Cheers.
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    and of course, I forgot to note the extreme amount of 'Server Disconnections' specially in the busier times, evening games.
  • GPaulstr
    44 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Potential bug. SInce I play with aim/fire on bumpers rather than triggers( xbox) every time I get revived my soldier's first action is to throw the grenade on his own! It kind of makes sense since calling for a medic and throw grenade share the same button but the game seems to queue these inputs and the moment i'm up again there goes my grenade. Surely this in not intentional.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't do a ton of tanking or flying, so I don't have a lot of feedback about that.

But I have done my fair share of everything else (except sniping lol) and heres what I think:
    TTK is tough...its a delicate balance. I can totally see both sides right now. It certainly seems like I get hit and I die, but when I'm shooting, thats not always the case.
    I always like playing hardcore maps on previous and other titles. So honestly the ttk/d is fine with me. It is frustrating as hell sometimes, but its supposed to be challenging, not easy.
    I have had some bugs, nothing totally gamebreaking other than 2 freezes, and I'm level 44 right now I think...so I got some hours in.
    Support- only tweak I think it really needs is the dang ammo boxes are buggy as hell. They either won't get thrown, or do and disappear right away. With the cooldown on it, this can create issues. Not only that, but its really hard to resupply your people by looking for perfectly flat ground. Even then, I've seen it sink into the map and only have the top of the box sticking up.
    Medics - well its been beaten to death, but these SMGs are bad...bad...baaaad. I used to play the medic class almost exclusively on previous BF titles...but I can't on this. Those smg's are not effective against much of anything. I can't give specific feedback other than to say they just don't work well at all. Any of them. I liked BF4's weapon system, I understand that this is ww2 and there were less weapons, ect. But I feel like buffing the smg's effectiveness, and offering something like the m1a1 (what soldier wasn't able to get their hands on an m1 in ww2??) would make them much more viable. Also, the medic crate has the same issues as the ammo crate.
    Attack- I think this class is fine, I just think they are a little tough to get team points for. I'm not really sure the best way to fix this...but I know its an issue. I play for points, not for my k/d ratio. Medics can revive and heal, support can resupply, snipers can spot and the attack class can do...none of these.
    Sniping - I don't snipe very often at all. like I said above, I'm a points player, not a k/d player, so sniping doesn't appeal to much to me.

Overall I love the game. I like the modes, I just wish there were more maps!!! I know they are coming.
    I have had some issues on grand operations with planting bombs. sometimes the bombs get stuck and cannot be picked up. I'm sure this has been reported a ton, but that has happened to me several times.

Also, you should be able to change your assignments without having to go to the main screen and exit out of everything.

Squads and grouping seems pretty stable now and has been since early release imo.

matchmaking works fine. Lots of full servers!! Add in private servers!!!!!

The destruction is just amazing guys. It really is so cool to be able to do that. We've come a long way from bf1942 DICE, you should be proud.

The sound isn't very directional at this point and using 7.1 headphones, that confuses the heck out of me on occasion. I know a lot of people complain about footsteps, but as far as I'm concerned, there are 63 other people shooting machine guns and blowing up tanks...footsteps would be almost impossible to hear. However, minus the directional part, the sound is just amazing. I mean it really is great.

The playability is great, the customization is decent, but honestly, its a little difficult and clunky. And if you have to go to your armory and recieve your shipments to get your unlocks, you should be able to do that at rounds end, not exit out of everything.
    Every person who ive told to try the game out has absolutely had a blast playing it.

Overall I would say the menu implementation and use is very often clunky and confusing. Including matchmaking and the server browser.

While I despise the ability to purchase additional items in game with real money....I have 25k coins and nothing to spend them on?? Not paid for with real money, earned. The gun I like to use doesn't have anyhting for purchase in store, and I'm not really concerned about buying different player models.

Overall this has probably been DICE's smoothest game launch that I can remember in quite a long time. So kudos to the team, regardless of the mindless drones making noise and shouting insults for no reason, this BF veteran (since the beginning) thinks you've made a great game and can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

• Anarchy98
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

1. We need Auto-Balance

2. Anti-leaver system (if you leave mid game = Ban for 5 min, if you leave a second time in the same day, Ban for 30 min, then 3 time in a day, ban for 1H)

3. The low setting need have the same amount of tall grass and hiding spot as the high graphic setting otherwise why the high settings.

4, Anti-tanks gun should be able to pivot 360 degrees by manual handling the gun instead having to hitch them to a vehicles to turn them in another direction.

5. AA guns need to be stronger than a plane diving and bombing the AA. I mean they are always placed at a **** location and a plane is able to kill you so why bother with an AA at all.

6. A tank doesn't do enough damage to infantry. Its really easy to kill one even while rushing the tank ahaha

7. Everyone should be able to drag a friends dead body to cover for the medic to heal him

8. I really loved charging in BF1

9. Artillery and mortar?!

10. Id like some interaction between the squads or squads leaders, maybe being able to bind two squads together. Maybe you could spawn on every members of your squad and also the party leader of the other squad you are bounded to. Because when you are playing with 4-5 friends then it sucks!
  • SirSouthpaw
    please do not add Mortars or artillaries to the game!!

I'm so glad that there is no spam on the Battlefield right now (as was in BF4 and BF1)