BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• Private_Tom_7
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hello!!
    1 Improve visibility
    2 need dedicated server(i3d/gameservers)
    3 Add 3D spot
    4 remove map「Hamada」「Aerodrome」
    5 enemy footstep fix
    6 Add a proper game balancer
    7 Add infantry warfare map
    8 A system that reports hackers from within the game
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    please do not add Mortars or artillaries to the game!!

I'm so glad that there is no spam on the Battlefield right now (as was in BF4 and BF1)

you do know thers mortars in the game allready? its called PIAT, stand still press M, hold RMB and aim ;)
  • MrBumblesFabba
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    - Battlefield V needs Vulcan support.
    - Please optimize the game further. I'm on a i7 4770K 16gb DD3, GTX1080 and I plan on not upgrading.
    - FIX the NETCODE
    - EOR bugs are still a cancer
    - We need better Menu UI. The UX is cancer
    - OPTIMIZE performance
    - OPTIMIZE performance
    - OPTIMIZE performance

- Please tone the movement speed down a bit. Feels like we're playing Quake Champions.

FIX the Tanks, increase survive ability. Fix the tank on tank damage stats
    Fix the anti tank weapons stats
    Please include German planes for German paratroopers. It brakes the immersion just seeing a German iron cross on a C-47

Allow the customization of the appearance and gender of plane and tank crew. I feel offended that you assume I'm female.
  • No_Other_xD
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't tell when I'm crouch or crouch running...can we have a icon for that? Lol
  • MrBumblesFabba
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get BF1942 maps in BFV? I'd like to see more North African Theater El-Alamein, Tobruk, The Pacific Theater - Midway Island, Iwo Jima, Western Theater - Omaha Beach, more maps, Eastern Front Maps Kursk, etc.
  • MrBumblesFabba
    Also just make the Hamada map so that all the flags are neutral instead of Pre-German owned.
  • Aerros11
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    - Motion Control Leaning and Freelook
    - Suppressors
    - Hardcore Mode
    - All-Kit Weapons
    - Better Ground vs. Air Balance
    yZxT6sy.jpg
    SqwDMMH.jpg
  • CloneTrooperCT
    180 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTD
    UI changes
    Medic weaponry
    Tank v Panzerfaust
    Terrain interaction
    Enemy footsteps
    Any mention of Hardcore
    Bombers too stronk defensively
    Currency beyond max rank
    Smoother revive system
    Team Switching
    Conquest catchup change or removal
    Assignment tweaking

Bombers are not strong defensively, yesterday I was shut down many times by fighters. No 1jump on board on my bomber asgunner to help me.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    180 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTD
    UI changes
    Medic weaponry
    Tank v Panzerfaust
    Terrain interaction
    Enemy footsteps
    Any mention of Hardcore
    Bombers too stronk defensively
    Currency beyond max rank
    Smoother revive system
    Team Switching
    Conquest catchup change or removal
    Assignment tweaking

Bombers are not strong defensively, yesterday I was shut down many times by fighters. No 1jump on board on my bomber asgunner to help me.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buff the main cannon on tanks, right now assaults laugh at you trying to shoot them.
  • DisguisedMike
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @danmotoxx Can you guys take a look at the server browser? I can't see any Conquest server anymore. The only way I can see them is if I make a search for Conquest but it shows servers in every region. I tried every setting and nothing works.

It worked before but yesterday in the menu listing all game modes I pressed ''List servers'' on Breakthough. All my previous server settings were erased and since then I can't see any server if I select a specific game mode, I can only see Breakthrough servers if I don't select any game mode.

I'm usually the one the finds matches for my squad so this is really annoying.
  • ICptCavemanI
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would love access to bfv in the companion and support for existing customers emblems.

Tanks do feel a little under armored against infantry anti-tank weapons.

Will the ADS issues be addressed?

Really excited for the update, cannot wait to see the patch notes
  • RealMelloMusic
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV is steaming hot trash. You lost my respect as a gaming company with this one. And I’m a fan since literally the first release. What where y’all thinking? Remaster BF3 and 4 if you want any hope of keeping your series alive after this trash
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s really annoying to be revived by a medic only to realize you just swapped weapons, and now I have a weak SMG on Hamada....

Maybe when a player gets killed their weapon should drop further away from their body to help prevent this. It’s also annoying as a medic, lots of times I wanna revive a teammate, but I keep grabbing their weapons
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    2.1 Panzerfaust nerf, decrease it's amount per player to 1.

Not a single chance they do that. They are already nerfing the damage. If they limited it to 1 per person then we are gonna be back to old days of Tanks being unstoppable K/D machines and nobody wants that aside from Vehicle campers.

One player do not supposed to handle with heavy tank solo, atleast from the front. At the moment infantry just over swarming any tank with panzerfausts because every player has 2 or even 3 (if took ammo from the crate) rockets. We have now tons of assaults players (coz that class has good weapons) and when tank appears on horizont, like 3-4 panzerfaust already fly to it asap, after few seconds another rockets. Tiger can handle only 2 shoots per sides or probably 3 from the front. This numbers tells us that at the moment it is almost impossible to support infantry on close range as tank, only from the high distance or you will be dead in few seconds. By the way assaults has c4 aswell, so tanks dont have any chances in close combat action. Thats why tanks are camping on the hills instead of pushing objectives.

Then those tanks need better support. You aren;t supposed to be a one man army as a tank. You are supposed to need help.

The days of the one man tank army is over. Thank god for that.

I did not mean 1 man army. Thing is that tank should push with infantry, together. At the moment you will die in 2-3 sec with such tactic, thats why people camping instead of assisting infantry.
  • NaITzII2k
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    merkmerk73 wrote: »
    I'm just interested in a few key balance areas

* Tank survivability
    * Assault and Support domination due to laser accuracy guns at too many ranges (close, medium, long)

PTFO Recon is so weak - the slow ROF self loading guns with heavy recoil, which has glint at 3x even tho other classes don't have glint at 3x, is outplayed at its role by assault with a Gewehr

Medic is extremely weak and I gave up on the class after being so useless outside of hip fire range

* AA is a little bit weak against bombers. But I want a BF game where the air war matters - not yet another BF game where it's easily ignored because it's irrelevant outside of a death here or there due to some bombs. BF1 planes were mostly irrelevant - yeah it might be fun to fly around in the skies but you just didn't have a huge impact on the fights.

Yes I agree, Recon class also lack better scopes, it is either short or long range, nothing that suits medium and agressive recon play. Would like to see more gadgets to, in BFBC2 and BF4 recon had good options when taking on tanks. Also i miss that we can`t select which reticle we can use (for all classes) the guns are locked with either the t-post or the crosshair, please fix this Dice :)
  • GeneralXIV
    157 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to know more about the future customization options and whether hair will be a thing :)
  • DOCTORLOVEMAKER
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make default bullet damage 150-200 please. Is that so difficult for you?.Since you do not have a native hardcore switch for operation modes you should do that. It is rediculous hitting with a rifle 4 times to stop somebody. Every time i play i feel that i hold air guns instead of real one :) It is shame fix that. Get some ideas from Rising storm 2 Vietnam or Insurgency please. Get the ideas and remove that ridiculous softcoreness from batlefield please it is not good!!
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Dice,

first off - the game is great, thank you.
    A few bugs/glitches here and there - nothing to worry about I am sure you will smooth them out. BF4 was a disaster at launch but turned into one of the best FPS of all time - no worries there

defintately can re-iterate what some other people have said:
    1) Mortars - we had them in BF1 they worked great to get campers out of buildings or at edges of maps. plus WW2 was all about mortars

2) Tanks do need to be strengthened. there also need to be more of them available. WHen you would see a tank in BF4 you would panic, and think twice about running into the objective. at the moment its a no one cares a couple of shots and the tanks out.

3) All classes should have smoke grenades - thats a no brainer.

4) the Anti-Air guns need to be stronger

5) you should be able to cook your grenade

6) medic class is underpowered

7) the draw distance is quite bad. I understand the map is huge, but i am on a ps4 Pro and it is very noticeable. I am sure this is in your fix in future.
  • Natetendo83
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest request:

- Find the Conquest catch up mechanic in the game code
    - Delete said code
    - Profit