Weekly Debrief

BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    • completely rework the medic with a mid-range option (SLR's or AR's would work wonders in making the class more enjoyable)
    • Buff the SMG's and make them available for the assault so they can rush in as their name implies
    • Implementing drawbacks to higher-magnification scopes like longer ADS-time (it shouldn't be a blatant upgrade to ones ranged-combat performance
    • more recoil across the board to make proper gun-control more important and putting in more skill
    • slower self-heal across every class (so pushing in the time they hunker down and heal is not suizidal)
    • dragging must be implementet
    • more hard cover around the maps (visual cover does not work because the lower the settings the easier it's exploited)
    • maybe implementing a sabotage animation on tanks so if you sneek up on them you can maybe throw a wrench or anything in the engine to dmg it ( just a tought so a lone tank is more vulnerable)
    • net-code issues must be resolved
    • sound desing must be fixed because gunshots and footsteps are inconsistent at best
    • putting in a mechanic that limits your time prone because hiding in dead bodies makes you next to invisible
    • remove the conquest catch-up mechanic
    • nerf bomber's and buff AA
    • give snipers a more aggressive bolt-action rifle
    • maybe put in a subsitute for 3D spotting but keep it locked to the squad so they stick together more (debatable and up to discussion)
    • speed up both revive mechanics in the game (medic and buddy)
  • azzwich
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    • completely rework the medic with a mid-range option (SLR's or AR's would work wonders in making the class more enjoyable)

SLRs for medic is my biggest request.
  • TaCtiCaL323
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No mention of an eor loading screen fix? I seriously hope this is an oversight and a fix for this absolute gamebreaking bug is being deployed with this update.

This should be priority over EVERYTHING.
  • ooooiiiiicccc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The anti-tank panzerfaust needs to go over to support class.

Increase armor for machine gun turret operators.

Why did you put scopes on the assault weapons? It turned it into COD
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    still no sneak peek for 4. dec. patch?

FFS DICE! as if you could allow yourself any more bs.
  • BattleBeast666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All battlefield 5 needs is a major FPS performance update!

If your game runs smooth as silk, it will make the majority of people playing your game so much happier since they get a smooth experience and it will make BFV even competitive.

All people need from an FPS game is what?

FPS !

So again, FPS is key in an FPS game!
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All battlefield 5 needs is a major FPS performance update!

If your game runs smooth as silk, it will make the majority of people playing your game so much happier since they get a smooth experience and it will make BFV even competitive.

All people need from an FPS game is what?

FPS !

So again, FPS is key in an FPS game!

Dunno what u are talking about tbh...
    if you are talking about Frames > got mostly smooth 140 fps with some drops to 120 (don't tell me u can feel the difference in a BF game)

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix supression!!! I doesnt exist!

You may be right about supression but dude, never talk about yourself like that, we are all worthy of existing as much as each other.
  • Dazakiwi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would like to see; (TLDR- just read the text in Bold)
    -

- 1# Included with the Upcoming Target Range; an Air field with all the Planes- this of course would be for those who want to learn to fly properly without getting shot out of the sky while doing so. And ideally with an option to spawn in enemy Ai planes to duel with.
    - Have some static targets to bomb as well such as some buildings and tanks.
    -
    - 2# Drag wounded - that any player can do (this could be done from either end the feet or the shoulders animation wise) this would immersion to the game as well.
    -
    - 3# AA do more damage (it sucks to keep getting bombed by the same bomber whilst you are trying to shoot it down) while you are waiting to respawn he is repairing. You could perhaps give the AA slightly less rounds per reload so as the gunner you have to make your shots count between reloading. I'm not sure if planes have weak points you are suppose to be shooting at?
    -
    - 4# Delay Bombers rearming - in the air - (im not sure if there is a delay at all) but there should be a one when you rearm for the bombs. Since planes don't land to rearm some kind of delay would be nice (like 4 minutes after rearming until your bombs are 'armed'), so they don't do carpet bombing after carpet bombing. Maybe fighter planes also have a slight delay with rearming- 1.5 minute for their guns - this way you have to be more careful with your shots/ammo and plan when to rearm when it suits you. While on topic of rearming in the air- about about toggling type of ammo for guns you want before you fly through the rearm area- so AP rounds or rounds that are good for soft targets?
    -
    - 5# Change weapon load-out at a Ammo Supply (the larger supply boxes) and of course perhaps supply drop, this could use the same load out UI option on respawn screen. OR this could be a feature only for the Supply Drop itself..?
  • xxgrimrefferxx
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    can you please look into air radar bugging out sometimes as planes dont appear
  • HEADTheTeekNL
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I would love a standard sniper limit on every server, these are way to overpowered and ruining the game play.
    I've played the game a fairly amount of time now, but why the heck am i almost always in a loosing team, i'v played tens of rounds from which my team won a couple.
    Why is the game so unbalanced, why are teams unbalanced, like rank and total users.
    Just played a round with starters in the team (including myself) against a fully loaded team with 40+ ranks... completely ruined my joyful evening. is it me getting old or is it the game needing some desperate patching?
    Played a game with a bomber in the other team, completely carpet bomd my a** of, the guy had 200 kills in one round without being shot...:(
  • Hoochiesan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Alot of good things in the game (sound in general, graphics, low ammo at start is a nice thing, the general feel of the game etc). And, Im loving the diversity of characters (gender and race) - cudos to you.

But the things that will make me stop playing the game, sooner rather than later, are;

- 9 out of 10 times I die instantaneously (not counting sniperkills) when dieing.

- 8 out of 10 times when Im behind cover, peeking over, expecting the enemy, aiming in the correct direction (you could call it short term camping, defending or whatever) - a support or assault comes sprinting and jumping and kills me. I often get a couple of shots in (as medic) but generally not enough before he or she swings the heavy weapon in my general direction and pops me (instant kill, as perceived by me).

- 9 out of 10 times, if I miss my first shot, or only wound the opponent, as a sniper, he or she (generally support or assault) turns in my general direction and kills me (instantaneously) before my bolt action reload is completed. Regardless of distance more or less.

This is how I feel playing the game, its not statistics. I suck at the game, but thats not really the point. I can accept being killed 8 out of 10 times in a stand off, but not 8 out of 10 times when I have the better position, cover and moment of surprise. And the accuracy and damage of support and assualt weapons regardless of distance seems off to me. And, last point, why on earth is there no accuracy penalty of sorts after sprinting!?
  • RobKul86
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Just played a round with starters in the team (including myself) against a fully loaded team with 40+ ranks... completely ruined my joyful evening.

I know that feel. I have many games like this: one team playing like chickens without heads (and always i'm in that team) and the second one are high-rank players playing objectives...
  • Briar901
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where?We were planning to publish a community article today providing some insight into BFV updates coming with Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture, but have decided to reschedule to tomorrow, Thursday, November 29th. We have a couple of updates from our devs that will make this post much more comprehensive. Thanks for the patience!
  • JosephCr1984
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please take a closer look at the terrain and other objects where I feel like we often stumble, stuck, or otherwise unable to vault over. It's a bit odd and not always as predictable as one might expect.

Also would appreciate some review of the reasons why on some occasions I seem to go from prone to standing to prone again with a single keystroke (or standing to prone to standing). I don't think it's always my clumsy hands.

Finally - agreed with many earlier points that smoke grenades should be an option for all classes.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same old run around from dice/ea. Now game is on sale already for 30 bucks! Dice/ea is a joke
  • AYF_001
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cannon damage in general needs some good buffs. Shooting Churchills in the side with a Tiger barely does any damage. Shooting infantry with AA and having them survive multiple direct hits. Shooting tanks with the Stuka 37mm gunpods and getting almost nothing but glancing blows. AT and heavy tank guns not killing light tanks in 1-2 shots.

Not to mention changes in penetration for armor/angling. Scout cars shouldn't be able to pen the front of heavy tanks at all. Only with the armor-piercing upgrades should they be able to penetrate the sides while at close range at a flat angle.
  • TheMinotaur80
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game itself runs great overall on PS4. But, here are my issues:
    1) Everyone else's bullets are strong, and mine are weak, yet, I'm always shooting first, not missing, and putting a whole clip in them, while they cut me down with 1 bullet from an SMG.

2) Put more people in TDM, and Domination. The maps are too big, and you are catering to snipers again, instead of having both kinds of maps, ones for rushers like me, and ones for snipers. Instead, it's all sniper maps. WHY?

3) Which leads me to my next question...Why is this game all about snipers, and not both rushers, and snipers?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t see why they can’t fix the sound in BFV -the footsteps aren’t heard and I have Corsair Void headphones and 3D headphones selected in my audio settings. In BF1 the sound was perfect and no matter what terrain or surface or building you could hear someone sneaking up in you.
  • SheriffPapa
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    its just people complaining about problems that aren't there. The game is super fun and you should be proud of that!

Oh well than please tell my game or drivers or PC (whatever...) that the endless EoR double loading spinner thing isn't there and i don't have to ALT F4 the game! Tell them too that Mastery assignments of some Weapons aren't bugged (gewehr 1-5)... And isn't there an TTD/megabullet/delay to die issue 🤔

I was referring to all the people complaining about the game not being fun and the same people saying they wont buy the game when its obvious they're simply mad about some of the features the devs decided to include. There are obviously some bugs, these days it seems a bug free release is next to impossible, but I'm sure DICE will fix them. Apologies for the misunderstanding I could have worded that better I suppose.