BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• FroziGhost
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im having trouble receiving the full amount of bullets I'm supposed to have on the Recon class. On all the Recon Class guns I'm only receiving half and I don't know what to do about it on how to get it fixed. could anybody help me fix my game.
  • kaferb
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-US/discussion/166706/battlefield-v-more-info#late

Lease check this out. I didn't see the update thread when I wrote it. Thank you.
  • BraddersRM
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this in a different conversation but didn't get any response. What do people think to these ideas?

Instead of drag a downed team mate, could there be an option for the injured to crawl to cover to await revival?

Could there be request such as 'request smoke screen' which could come from air assets, or even recon adaptions to planes, ie underwing cameras at the cost of ordnance?

Also the squad leader thing needs work, constantly being hounded for an order and losing out on accumulated points is quite frustrating, especially when constantly dishing out orders the whole match.

And any of the lmg mmgs should have terrible spread/accuracy unless they're in bipod mode.

Probably feedback you've heard before but theirs my pennies worth.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    U
    BraddersRM wrote: »
    I posted this in a different conversation but didn't get any response. What do people think to these ideas?

Instead of drag a downed team mate, could there be an option for the injured to crawl to cover to await revival?.

But technically they are not injured but dead. So no that isn’t an option -if you were injured you wouldn’t need to be revived would you? I would let them work on the dragging mechanic rather than go back to the drawing board for something that isn’t practical.

• BraddersRM
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But technically they are not injured but dead. So no that isn’t an option -if you were injured you wouldn’t need to be revived would you? I would let them work on the dragging mechanic rather than go back to the drawing board for something that isn’t practical.

But they wriggle around screaming and shouting whilst reaching out for a Medic?

When crawling that could mean you can't call out for a Medic and the timer goes at normal speed then when in cover, if you have enough time you can then call out?

• Zby_PL
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Please add functionality and correct the errors as below:

1. The penetration of objects in the game:
    - often when healing players I do not see it on the surface of the ground/snow just under the ground/snow.
    - in a story campaign, the mission with skis causes the objects (skis) to penetrate through the snow.

2. The maps in the game are extremely graphically different. Maps with snow look much worse than the others without snow. Maybe it's good to improve the look of the snow (for example, how it was in Battlefront II)

3. Please add more vehicles in the game also ships (as in Battlefield 1). Especially at Hamada map.

4. Why is it not possible to add your favorite servers in a multiplayer game (as it was in Battlefield 1) ?

5. Slight drops fps during the game on newest Nvidia drivers even on GTX 1080TI.

6. I often can not healing/pick up players when I am not a medic.

7. Please more balance game on the Aerodrome map. Too many snipers - the game does not make sense and is static.

8. Add Russia and Poland to the game.

9. Add tanks/vehicles:
    - T-34 (Russia/Poland)
    - Tiger II (King Tiger) (Germany)
    - BMW R75 motocykle (Germany)
    - SdKfz 142 Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) (Germany)
    - Renault FT (Finland)
    - Kubuś (Polish fighting vehicle)
    - WZ 34 (Polish armored car)

General add more vehicles to the game PLEASE.

10. Ragdoll's blockade building sandbags.

11. Players are very poorly visible. Perhaps you should emphasize their visibility at a similar level as in BF1.

12. No customization of the vehicles please add this in the updates.

13. Decrease TTK to the value from BF1 please. Now it looks like in CoD and not BF :(

14. I also suggest adding more city maps - like Amies in Battlefield 1. People liked this map very much.

15. Add also most important WWII battle scenarios like:

- Battle of Stalingrad
    - The first battle of El Alamein, battle of Alam Halfa
    - Battle of Lenino
    - Warsaw Uprising (Warsaw map of old town)

Here is a computer simulation and accurate mapping of Warsaw's destruction in the Uprising:

- The battle for Iwo-Jima
    - Battle for Berlin
    - Battle of Monte Cassino
    - Battle for Moscow
    - Evacuation from "Dunkirk" operation "Dynamo"
    - Battle of Westerplatte

I saw that the upcoming update is to be a shooting range. I am asking that the selection of the vehicle on the shooting range should not take place by means of a tap or a switch ... It looks very bad and unprofessional (I am doing it myself in Unreal engine 4). Correct this please - something like it was in Battlefield 4. There, the training ground / range was very well done. The vehicles were standing on the square and it was possible to approach already standing vehicles and this is probably the best solution.
    Post edited by Zby_PL on
  • ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    A medic/revive animation without going "erect" in a "hotzone", which leads to....
    Post edited by ballFetcher on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

But they wriggle around screaming and shouting whilst reaching out for a Medic?

So let the medic revive them, how is the medic going to revive them if they don’t know where they are? If they aren’t able to call out then trying to locate them and the inherent delay in responding to revive them is pointless.
  • BraddersRM
    Same way as always, the injured person will have the symbol above their head still. I'm thinking a scenario where you step out of cover, get injured and drop a couple of metres away from your cover. If you're in the open, good luck with that. Also if you've been smashed by a tank or air or burnt, then that's you, no revives.
  • INFARTELOUKO
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a DogFigter, i wish:

1 - g-force on Speed Control like BF4;
    Actually, the DogFight have no sense. The turn around are too slow and no skill in the requisites to be a nice pilot.

2 - SpitFire MK VB need some increment in rocket area damage and bullet speed;
  • BraddersRM
    What's people's thoughts on having squad leader call for a smoke screen on an objective, in particular from an air asset, who will be awarded for doing so and more for if the objective is taken? If that is called and confirmed by the pilot then a notification can be shown on screen so everyone knows that their is a plan in place to attack an objective. I see it often when there are only a handful of players trying to take objectives but in different squads so you'll have one or two taking one and another couple taking one the other side of the map to no avail. If they coordinate then they could flank the position and get bodies on a point to build from.
  • Psyj0ker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plz bring us back the hardcore mod!!!
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Instead of drag a downed team mate, could there be an option for the injured to crawl to cover to await revival?

Could there be request such as 'request smoke screen' which could come from air assets, or even recon adaptions to planes, ie underwing cameras at the cost of ordnance?

Also the squad leader thing needs work, constantly being hounded for an order and losing out on accumulated points is quite frustrating, especially when constantly dishing out orders the whole match.

And any of the lmg mmgs should have terrible spread/accuracy unless they're in bipod mode.

Probably feedback you've heard before but theirs my pennies worth.
    Two things:
    1. The point of being downed is that you are so injured that you can’t move
    2. I think on some planes that have cameras that you switch to like a bomb/secondary and take a picture of the enemies in a certain area and any enemies in the area that the picture captured are pinged on the mini map. The camera will replace your bombs and is unlocked in the specialization tree.

• Z_Sneakydude
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When do we expect updates? i wouldn't mind getting back into the game. Since i just purchased it.
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When do we expect updates? i wouldn't mind getting back into the game. Since i just purchased it.
    Next major update on dec 4

• BraddersRM
    @Tyl3rTh3Kill3r

Ok I'll keep an eye out for that with the planes. Just trying to get in one is the first challenge, as soon as they're available they're taken within milliseconds!
  • mekx69
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DONT CHANGE TTK.
  • mille2ej
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has their been any news on progress past level 50? My friends (squad) and I only play battlefield games and love them! But hitting max rank after a few weeks doesn't give me a lot of drive to keep playing. especially when you no longer gain currency, thus upgrading weapons becomes difficult to near impossible.

Other fixes I would like to see, most stated previously.

1. Conquest ticket count - when behind you take objectives faster so most rounds are close in ticket count at the end. It doesn't reward the better team. wouldn't balancing the lobby between games fix the need for this? Seems like its the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality.

2. Tanks currently seem under powered/slow. Most games (xbox) people don't even spawn into vehicles since they know they'll die between the first or second objective that they take.

3. weapon unlocks/customization - Needing to leave servers with/without a squad just to unlock your next weapon specialization is terrible especially when it takes up to 5 minutes to find another server to join. Can't this be done between rounds?

4. reviving mechanic for medic - seems like this is being addressed!

5. TTK - Certain weapons either do more damage or the notification that you're being shot is different between weapons. Specifically I seem to be killed by the KE7 before I know I'm even being shot at.

6. Grand Operations - Day 1-3 - I don't even play this game mode anymore, it makes no sense. If my team is attacking and lose on day one and two you can still win on day 3? Its not rewarding to play.

7. Squad support call ins - I PTO all games, when I'm with a random squad, if leader isn't marking objectives I request orders, more times than not, they kick me from the squad since they want to call in the support. The support call ins need to give all players some amount of points. Maybe split between all members of the squad.

8. Squad lock - start of games, squads should be unlocked.

9. Map rotation - conquest - rotation seems to be 75% Rotterdam, Devistation, Narvik,and Arras. Conquest games barely see the other maps.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun with Battlefield V and its has potential in my opinion to be up there with BF2 and BF3. But people want progression, they want to feel like they achieve something when they login. Currently with BF5 I feel like I've achieved everything I can until the next set of ranks come out.

• AluminumPaladin
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All MGs should have better penetration vs wooden fortifications, wooden walls, and the thin metal sheets which form the exterior walls of the hangars on Aerodrome.

Sandbag fortifications should not degrade/break apart so easily: MMG fire should be much less effective vs sandbags, and frag grenades should not reliably blow apart sandbag fortifications or barbed wire. Coax fire from tanks should be a little more effective vs sandbags.

Support class should be able to de-construct barbed wire fortifications and clip wire fences.

Support class should be only class that can build supply depots, like at launch.

Please explain the spotting mechanics thoroughly in a blog post. Suppressing fire from Support players seems to spot enemies regardless of whether they are Machine Gunner or Engineer; unsure if Machine Gunner perk is working or if the in-game blurb about the ability is accurate.

Please explain the medical pouch resupply mechanics thoroughly, and the medical crate/ammo crate mechanics. They seem to have changed since launch.

I think medical pouches should be harder to acquire.

I think current squad requisition points should directly influence the amount of ammo available to a player upon spawning, and the presence/absence of a medical pouch in their inventory.

In Grand Operations, there should be more granular effects resulting from the outcome of the prior day's mission, instead of "attacker gets a bonus" vs "attacker does not get a bonus." I also think some of the bonuses should be less predictable, rather than granting the attackers the same bonus every time they win a specific day/map.

Please give squad leaders another way to influence the battlefield, in addition to the excellent Reinforcements. Perhaps the ability to apply buffs to squad members, at the cost of req points: buffs like "squad members spawn with full ammunition" or "squad members can carry 1 additional magazine worth of ammunition for their primary weapons" or "squad members within 20m of squad leader are harder to suppress, and only receive 50% of normal suppression from enemy fire"

The recon spotting scope should not instantly and automatically spot every enemy within its field of view. Enemies should be spotted instantly when the scope is zeroed in on their location; IE the enemy is centered in the scope's FOV. Enemies hovering near the edge of the the scope's FOV should remain unspotted for something like 2 seconds.

Players who are "calling out" for medical assistance while bleeding out should be audibly heard calling for assistance, by both friendly and enemy forces.

Players who are "bleeding out" should be able to highlight nearby medics/squadmates, and request assistance from that specific nearby teammate. Perhaps grant the teammate a boost to sprinting speed if they attempt to revive someone who is specifically calling to them
  • AluminumPaladin
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What's people's thoughts on having squad leader call for a smoke screen on an objective, in particular from an air asset, who will be awarded for doing so and more for if the objective is taken? If that is called and confirmed by the pilot then a notification can be shown on screen so everyone knows that their is a plan in place to attack an objective. I see it often when there are only a handful of players trying to take objectives but in different squads so you'll have one or two taking one and another couple taking one the other side of the map to no avail. If they coordinate then they could flank the position and get bodies on a point to build from.

Yes please