Weekly Debrief

I can't see enemies in BF5 and just generally not enjoying game

Comments

  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the life of me, I can't seem to see enemies in BF5, especially if they're prone. They blend in too well with the environment.
    And even when they're moving on the darker maps, they just kinda disappear as well if they start zig zagging.
    THis game is encouraging either slow movement around the map, checking every single corner or just camping, unlock the MG42 and just go prone everywhere you go. Which isn't fun for me.
    This coupled with the fact that I'm now forced to go everywhere with teammates or risk guaranteed death on my own means I'm not enjoying this game at all.

    No insults telling me to stop playing or shouldn't have bought the game please. This is my opinion.
    And I've been a BF gamer since BF3, I love these games, but this one just feels off...

    This game is indeed a broken pile of "natural discharg" indeed....
    But however I do not agree.. I actually like the fact that you can blend in.
    I like the fact that I die alot and kill alot.
    I like the fact that I am playing on a battlefield.

    However... I do not feel its a battlefield... Its a call of duty game with broken vehicles. And its soo buggy that it calls for a horrible made call of duty game. :joy:

    If you want to play a GOOD call of duty ww2, I suggest you play exactly that. Its ALOT better, and you can see the enemy.
    Enjoy.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring back the old, BF1 Operations. It was a good game mode and had obviously defined front lines and flanks.

    Conquest is a popular, but highly flawed game mode as it usually degenerates into a giant, zerging merry-go-round, or a fight over the central objective. The bottom line is that you're vulnerable from all directions as it takes no skill or effort to flank.

    Grand Operations is just a bunch of game modes and maps that don't really gel, or provide an overall objective like Operations; you're going to play all the maps whether you win or lose. Breakthrough is just Operations on one map but with no reinforcements so the game generally ends up being a steamrolling zerg, or a camp-fest that never moves out of the first spawn area.

    It is difficult to see other players (nowhere near as bad as alpha or beta though) which encourages camping, so perhaps those people who want scope glint on all scopes do have a point.

    All I can suggest (at least if you're on PC) is turn everything except Mesh and Texture Filtering low or off. It would be better if we could disable AA and just whack up the resolution (ie, doing AA the old fashioned way), as that helps with clarity.

    My games of choice has always been Planetside and Planetside 2. Spotting existed, but you'd audibly give away your position when spotting, and it also had friendly-fire, so you got used to looking for player models rather than doritos, and you certainly didn't shoot first and ask questions later as too much team damage would lock your weapons for a while.

    Camping is a problem though. As I'm older and slower than when I started online gaming (I was great at Quake II), I'll sometimes sit back with the spotting scope. It was a positive move to remove most of the 3D spotting, but they made the mistake of making textures too realistic, too murky and too noisy.

    It's a tough cookie. In previous BF titles, beyond close range you're more likely to use doritos as a frame of reference for where players are located than the actual player model itself. You'd soon learn to shoot below the triangle (as they were visible through smoke etc...) rather than at the player model, and always have one eye on the radar. So fundamentally, you're basically playing a very simple shooter where the minimap and doritos are the only things that matter.
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they would just turn up the damage on most of the guns. It takes 2 head shots with ZH-29 to kill the guy. Thats a sniper rifle so in real life it takes one shot to the head. Ill be shooting a guy and he turns around and kills me. The damage is so low on alot of guns and some are so high powered like the Ribeyrolles 1981 or just camp with the MG 42. Really just turn up the damage dice so when you shoot something it dies. That way its shows realism.

    your on the wrong post mate .... and what you complane about is called balance
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP is right it is hard to see players. I wish they would make it easier to see players when they are close and add sound (when some one is shoting) Dots on the minimap like BF3 depending on fire rate and caliber
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Agreed visibility is bad. The graphics are very cluttered. The environment, depending on map and weather, alternates between washed out and bland and hugely contrasting and glaring. Both of which exasperate the cluttered graphics.

    I was never a fan of 3D spotting doritos, but the lack of them in combination with the graphics in BF5 make it very frustrating.

    Often die to enemies I've looked straight through and campers are very hard to spot and so camping is prevalent and very successful.

    This^
    Not only that but the audio is so broken for me. Half of the time u can't hear enemies footsteps and last night I was playing CQ and a tank literally drove up right behind without any sound what so ever and drove over me while I was tracking a sniper.

    Had my Expensive Sennheiser's on too. I'm also playing on Xbox one x and there's a lot of bugs I encounter on a regular basis.

    It's very frustrating to the point I'm looking for other games to play because important features like Visibility and Audio or damage feedback should not be broken for a lot of people in a First Person Shooter.

    Especially an already long established franchise.



  • ninjapenquinuk
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree there is just too much clutter on maps. Why oh why do we need floating debris on maps or those blooming pigeons on Rotterdam. Totally unnecessary. Getting rid of those things would aid visibility greatly.
    .
    Not sure if its just me, but the number of times i dont spot that huge tank 20ft away that has just killed me is annoying!
  • GrizzGolf
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also turn off any of those silly cinematic filters & motion blur. It helps a lot.

    This helped me and make sure you stay around well traveled paths.
  • StingX71
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One reason I went to a [email protected]" monitor, couldn't see crap at 27". I'm using 69 FOV with 1.25x sight on the lewis and find the combo sublime. I also calibrated my monitor via online tutorials. This site helped lagom.nl/lcd-test/. I seem to get better results using the nvidia control panel to adjust my monitor settings.

    Never had to work so hard to tweak a game so I could see stuff. Each map is so different from the other, finding universal setting is tough. Have it to the point I only need to fine tune with in game brightness.

  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree there is just too much clutter on maps. Why oh why do we need floating debris on maps or those blooming pigeons on Rotterdam. Totally unnecessary. Getting rid of those things would aid visibility greatly.
    .
    Not sure if its just me, but the number of times i dont spot that huge tank 20ft away that has just killed me is annoying!

    Lmao...believe me you're not the only one.
    I shake my head every time it happens, and the messed up part is I'm running towards that direction and still didn't see the tank. I get killed by it and think how the hell did I not see that big *** tank 20-30 feet away in front of me.

    This never happened to me in past BF'S . I could hear and see them coming a mile away......
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is more like Counterstrike than a BF game, simple as.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is more like Counterstrike than a BF game, simple as.

    Lol how is that
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Not gonna start up another debate about visibility, just wanted to point out something funny I've been witnessing in the community.

    That is, that we have a large portion of people saying visibility is low, which results in slow, meticulous, campy gameplay that slows the game down to a crawl.

    Then we have another group of people, that also contains some of the same people that complain about visibility, who claim the ttk and gunplay in general is so fast that the game is turning into run n gun call of duty where the only thing that matters is reflexes.

    It really shows the duality of the community in terms of BF5s gameplay, and how nonsensical it must be to seriously take in feedback from such a mass of people and apply it to the game in a way that will appease the majority. The community as a whole can't really agree on anything, must suck for DICE, who get lambasted by countless people for not making the game they wanted.

    Good point, well presented however......

    When 2 groups have different views on the game (CoD or Camp for example) but also share a 'cause' of their difference (visibility in this case) then that 'cause', but not necessarily the result, becomes more credible.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Not gonna start up another debate about visibility, just wanted to point out something funny I've been witnessing in the community.

    That is, that we have a large portion of people saying visibility is low, which results in slow, meticulous, campy gameplay that slows the game down to a crawl.

    Then we have another group of people, that also contains some of the same people that complain about visibility, who claim the ttk and gunplay in general is so fast that the game is turning into run n gun call of duty where the only thing that matters is reflexes.

    It really shows the duality of the community in terms of BF5s gameplay, and how nonsensical it must be to seriously take in feedback from such a mass of people and apply it to the game in a way that will appease the majority. The community as a whole can't really agree on anything, must suck for DICE, who get lambasted by countless people for not making the game they wanted.

    Good point, well presented however......

    When 2 groups have different views on the game (CoD or Camp for example) but also share a 'cause' of their difference (visibility in this case) then that 'cause', but not necessarily the result, becomes more credible.

    But I don't see how the complaints that gunplay is too fast and reflex based stems from visibility. Most people who bring up that gripe don't really list visibility as a reason for thier issue. More ttk and recoil than anything else.
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Not gonna start up another debate about visibility, just wanted to point out something funny I've been witnessing in the community.

    That is, that we have a large portion of people saying visibility is low, which results in slow, meticulous, campy gameplay that slows the game down to a crawl.

    Then we have another group of people, that also contains some of the same people that complain about visibility, who claim the ttk and gunplay in general is so fast that the game is turning into run n gun call of duty where the only thing that matters is reflexes.

    It really shows the duality of the community in terms of BF5s gameplay, and how nonsensical it must be to seriously take in feedback from such a mass of people and apply it to the game in a way that will appease the majority. The community as a whole can't really agree on anything, must suck for DICE, who get lambasted by countless people for not making the game they wanted.

    Good point, well presented however......

    When 2 groups have different views on the game (CoD or Camp for example) but also share a 'cause' of their difference (visibility in this case) then that 'cause', but not necessarily the result, becomes more credible.

    But I don't see how the complaints that gunplay is too fast and reflex based stems from visibility. Most people who bring up that gripe don't really list visibility as a reason for thier issue. More ttk and recoil than anything else.

    It's irrelevant.

    In the examples you gave, the 'issue' may be different but the 'root cause' of both perceived problems is believed to be the same.

    Therefore, whatever you think of the 'issues' (CoD or Camp), notice must be given to what the 'root cause' may be (visibility) and cannot be ignored off hand.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Not gonna start up another debate about visibility, just wanted to point out something funny I've been witnessing in the community.

    That is, that we have a large portion of people saying visibility is low, which results in slow, meticulous, campy gameplay that slows the game down to a crawl.

    Then we have another group of people, that also contains some of the same people that complain about visibility, who claim the ttk and gunplay in general is so fast that the game is turning into run n gun call of duty where the only thing that matters is reflexes.

    It really shows the duality of the community in terms of BF5s gameplay, and how nonsensical it must be to seriously take in feedback from such a mass of people and apply it to the game in a way that will appease the majority. The community as a whole can't really agree on anything, must suck for DICE, who get lambasted by countless people for not making the game they wanted.

    Good point, well presented however......

    When 2 groups have different views on the game (CoD or Camp for example) but also share a 'cause' of their difference (visibility in this case) then that 'cause', but not necessarily the result, becomes more credible.

    But I don't see how the complaints that gunplay is too fast and reflex based stems from visibility. Most people who bring up that gripe don't really list visibility as a reason for thier issue. More ttk and recoil than anything else.

    It's irrelevant.

    In the examples you gave, the 'issue' may be different but the 'root cause' of both perceived problems is believed to be the same.

    Therefore, whatever you think of the 'issues' (CoD or Camp), notice must be given to what the 'root cause' may be (visibility) and cannot be ignored off hand.

    How is the root cause of the game being like CoD visibility related at all? That makes zero sense, regardless of what anyone perceives. There's nobody in this community or the next making claims that the gunplay mimics CoDs and lists visibility as a reason.

    I understand people from both camps may have issue with visibility, but that's not the reason the vast majority of critics who claim this game is too much like CoD said such a thing. You could change visibility to have glowing red rings around enemies visible up to 800m, and I doubt the complaints about the game being like CoD wouldn't stop because those complaints stem from gunplay and movement, not visibility.

    I was making an example regardless of complaints of visibility because of things I witnessed in this thread and others. There are two separate camps, those who think the game is too slow and campy, and those who think the game is too fast and has turned into cod. They completely contradict each other but expect DICE to change the game based on thier criticisms.

    Again, it must be hard for DICE to implement changes to please both parties when they literally think the game provides the opposite experience to one another.

    But i digress from the actual topic, I was just making a point. It's got to be hell on DICE applying changes based on community feedback when the community itself can't agree with each other on something as apparent as flow of gameplay, let alone more complex and subjective issues.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    32 inches? Lol, mines still a 19" CRT.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    32 inches? Lol, mines still a 19" CRT.

    Lol sweet Jesus
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Not gonna start up another debate about visibility, just wanted to point out something funny I've been witnessing in the community.

    That is, that we have a large portion of people saying visibility is low, which results in slow, meticulous, campy gameplay that slows the game down to a crawl.

    Then we have another group of people, that also contains some of the same people that complain about visibility, who claim the ttk and gunplay in general is so fast that the game is turning into run n gun call of duty where the only thing that matters is reflexes.

    It really shows the duality of the community in terms of BF5s gameplay, and how nonsensical it must be to seriously take in feedback from such a mass of people and apply it to the game in a way that will appease the majority. The community as a whole can't really agree on anything, must suck for DICE, who get lambasted by countless people for not making the game they wanted.

    Good point, well presented however......

    When 2 groups have different views on the game (CoD or Camp for example) but also share a 'cause' of their difference (visibility in this case) then that 'cause', but not necessarily the result, becomes more credible.

    But I don't see how the complaints that gunplay is too fast and reflex based stems from visibility. Most people who bring up that gripe don't really list visibility as a reason for thier issue. More ttk and recoil than anything else.

    It's irrelevant.

    In the examples you gave, the 'issue' may be different but the 'root cause' of both perceived problems is believed to be the same.

    Therefore, whatever you think of the 'issues' (CoD or Camp), notice must be given to what the 'root cause' may be (visibility) and cannot be ignored off hand.

    How is the root cause of the game being like CoD visibility related at all? That makes zero sense, regardless of what anyone perceives. There's nobody in this community or the next making claims that the gunplay mimics CoDs and lists visibility as a reason.

    I understand people from both camps may have issue with visibility, but that's not the reason the vast majority of critics who claim this game is too much like CoD said such a thing. You could change visibility to have glowing red rings around enemies visible up to 800m, and I doubt the complaints about the game being like CoD wouldn't stop because those complaints stem from gunplay and movement, not visibility.

    I was making an example regardless of complaints of visibility because of things I witnessed in this thread and others. There are two separate camps, those who think the game is too slow and campy, and those who think the game is too fast and has turned into cod. They completely contradict each other but expect DICE to change the game based on thier criticisms.

    Again, it must be hard for DICE to implement changes to please both parties when they literally think the game provides the opposite experience to one another.

    But i digress from the actual topic, I was just making a point. It's got to be hell on DICE applying changes based on community feedback when the community itself can't agree with each other on something as apparent as flow of gameplay, let alone more complex and subjective issues.

    So what was the purpose of your post about 2 groups of people that share views on visibility?

    You brought this whole '2 groups' thing up where both have issues with visibility.

    Run and gunning or camping is totally irrelevant to this thread in the context you have brought up!

    Why can't 2 people who share the same opinion about visibility have differing views on other aspects of the game?

    Whilst I agree that 'the community' can't agree on anything which makes it hard for DICE to work out what people really want, to bring this up in a thread about visibility is bizarre especially as DICE have acknowledge that there is an issue in this area.

    But hey......
  • TFBisquit
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Hmm, borrowed a 28" 4k monitor, and while the game looks very tiny at 4k, 1440p looks just about right. Unfortunately that doesn't scale well on 4k monitors so I play 1080p on it.
    Funny enough it doesn't even look bad. But here is the kicker, I see my enemies much better now.

Sign In or Register to comment.