Horse mechanics

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2016
So basically they did confirm MP horses. But in previous bf titles you can strap c4 to a vehicle and send it flying. Will this happen to the horse? If so that may look silly.

Now I bet your saying "no the horse would just die". That would result in teamkilling..

Thoughts?

Comments

• Not_Paul_Blart
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When you really think about it it's honestly pretty ridiculous that you can cover a vehicle in plastic explosives, detonate the explosives, and all that happens is that the vehicle goes flying up into the air and both the passengers and the vehicle remain completely unharmed. Doing the same thing to horse would really only be funnier looking since it's a horse and we're not use to it.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Might be tough to jihad with horseys because they'll probably come to an immediate halt when you jump off them as opposed to a jeep that keeps rolling.

Really hoping the map they showcase tomorrow has horseys.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well when you play the entry level preset you get silly things. In classic and hc the vehicles get destroyed. For a horse C4/Tnt will probably not be allowed to "stick" so to speak. They applied this to one of the main titles years ago. C4/Mines wouldn't stick to friendly vehicles.
  • idadedc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    why take the fun out of battlefield
  • Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Why revive a 2 week old thread?
  • person2245
    30 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Might be tough to jihad with horseys because they'll probably come to an immediate halt when you jump off them as opposed to a jeep that keeps rolling.

Really hoping the map they showcase tomorrow has horseys.

As someone who has ridden horses quit a lot. And as a result of that I have fallen off of them. Horses don't immediately stop sometimes they will only go a couple feet, but other times they will bolt off.
  • Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Consider we'd be able to attach dynamite to a horse

So the question is, if you were to jihad with a horse, would the horse blow up same way like the jeeps do in BF4?
  • DoYuEvenShootBro
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Will horses have thermal?
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw the thread title and thought this was going to be about how we'll go about "repairing" horses.

I just wonder if they'll have a health bar, and if so, can they be healed by med packs dropped by Medics?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Saw the thread title and thought this was going to be about how we'll go about "repairing" horses.

I just wonder if they'll have a health bar, and if so, can they be healed by med packs dropped by Medics?

That's actually a good question. revives and meds????
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's actually a good question. revives and meds????

lol, I wonder how reviving a horse in the game would happen. Would he just spring up, back to life?

Also, with horses being in the game, I can finally respond to all the over-talked-about thread topics on the forum with just a gif of me literally beating a dead horse in the game.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I've got a bad feeling about this....
  • jmz959
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm more interested in whether the horse would just stand there like a lemon after dismounting or run away from the battlefield due to the gunfire around it once dismounted.
  • Loqtrall
    jmz959 wrote: »
    I'm more interested in whether the horse would just stand there like a lemon after dismounting or run away from the battlefield due to the gunfire around it once dismounted.

I vote for lemon (or as I'd call it, potato).
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

Doubtful. Otherwise, I imagine players will be running after horses the whole time (with airplanes buzzing around overhead firing guns and dropping bombs).
  • Loqtrall
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

Doubtful. Otherwise, I imagine players will be running after horses the whole time (with airplanes buzzing around overhead firing guns and dropping bombs).

Sounds like what most people do in BF4 to this day.
  • Lordmang4
    Maybe 1 out of 20 gamers will actually stop their vehicle when I commorose them with "I need a ride". Thankfully, DICE made the sprinting speeds fast enough where it's not too painful to sprint where I need to go.
  • Loqtrall
    Maybe 1 out of 20 gamers will actually stop their vehicle when I commorose them with "I need a ride". Thankfully, DICE made the sprinting speeds fast enough where it's not too painful to sprint where I need to go.

I've never gotten anyone to stop and give me a ride. Even when I shoot at them as they start speeding away.
  • Lordmang4

I've never gotten anyone to stop and give me a ride. Even when I shoot at them as they start speeding away.

That's one of the nice things about playing hardcore.
    Not that I would ever shoot at a friendly and steal their ride....
  • Loqtrall

That's one of the nice things about playing hardcore.
    Not that I would ever shoot at a friendly and steal their ride....

People still leave me in the dust in Hardcore. I really don't think giving any requests on the commorose has really done anything for me in BF4, ever.