Please BUFF RECON !

lAlucard
29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm glad the sweet spot is gone and all but DICE has really made this class too underpowered compared to assault and all the other classes. It essentially forces you to chose between a low rate of fire bolt actions, (without straight-pull mechanics) or medium to long range bolt action.

The "Self-Loading Rifles" aka the DMRS are just nerfed versions of the BF1 medic rifles and honestly dont compare to the current rifles on assault. For one thing the rifles on both assault and recon are 2 hit headshots. But recon rifles only gets a 5-6 round clip compared to assaults 10-15+ clips... Its impossible to be competitive with that... They should be a one hit headshot on recon. Sure the RSC is a great gun, when you finally unlock it but every other gun is nerfed so hard... Hell even if you want a long range shot YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IT !

zeroing shouldnt be a damn unlock...

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agreed that the bolt actions could do with another look as they could be much better but the SLRs are great if you take your time, position yourself well and are accurate. I was a terrible sniper in BF1 and BF4 (mostly used carbines and DMRs in 4 with some occasional GOL Magnum use anyway) but am loving playing recon in BFV with the SLRs, especially the ZH-29 with a x3 scope.
  • AlexdeF1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Buff recon lol Really I guess the beachball-size head hitbox isn't big enough for snipers to shoot? The enlarged head hit box is better for snipers than the sweet spot.

Yes really. As stated above, the SLR's, dont even have an OHK headshot. So what is the advantage above the Gewehr 43 (or other weapon of that sort) with a bigger magazine, no scope glint and a better fire rate?
    Besides the equipment of a recon is also so much better than the equipment of the assault class....
  • Euphoric77
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only change that is needed is to take away scope glint from 3x scopes for recon class - as the other classes don't have it on their 3x scopes. For the rest I can't comment on certain weapon balances needed or not, I like playing aggressive recon and it feels quite ok. The classes who need looking into are assault and medic more compared to support and recon.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    lAlucard wrote: »
    I'm glad the sweet spot is gone and all but DICE has really made this class too underpowered compared to assault and all the other classes. It essentially forces you to chose between a low rate of fire bolt actions, (without straight-pull mechanics) or medium to long range bolt action.

The "Self-Loading Rifles" aka the DMRS are just nerfed versions of the BF1 medic rifles and honestly dont compare to the current rifles on assault. For one thing the rifles on both assault and recon are 2 hit headshots. But recon rifles only gets a 5-6 round clip compared to assaults 10-15+ clips... Its impossible to be competitive with that... They should be a one hit headshot on recon. Sure the RSC is a great gun, when you finally unlock it but every other gun is nerfed so hard... Hell even if you want a long range shot YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IT !

Check Stodeh gameplay and be silent about Sniper class. You seems can't play correctly with bolt action rifle. Such casuals like you come and only whine: buff this, decrease that ...
  • FCKJM
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »

Check Stodeh gameplay and be silent about Sniper class. You seems can't play correctly with bolt action rifle. Such casuals like you come and only whine: buff this, decrease that ...

I don't know what exactly Stodeh is doing for a living, but i guess he is investing a lot of time in FPS and not only Battlefield, so he most probably is one of the best snipers… Is Battlefield only for PRO's? I don't think so, there should be some space for the casual gamers, because I think they are the majority of the players base.

It's just what many recon players experienced so far… aggressive sniping is very difficult, because all other classes are so efficient and strong on medium and close range.
    If you miss your first shot, or only land a body shot, you're dead.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In this game if I see a scout I'm dead because they can't miss my giant head. Never thought i would miss the sweet spot but I would take it back in an instant over laser beam can't miss head shots. .

That's it right there. It seems people missed the memo about the devs removing the sweet spot and implementing a beachball-size hit box to replace it... Which is far more effective. Like he says, I see a recon I'm dead.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Because the 14-15 recons on each team that you get on crap maps like Aerodrome is not enough, lets push for 20 or more!

You look at the map and you see there is that your recons are filling up the areas around you objective in a big half circle, and you now that their 13-14 recons have a similar circle.....and to add to that some lmgs prone on the belly a bit closer covering angles with the bipods setup.
  • Noif1988
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No need. They are already fine and i can already see them as OP class.
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buff recon lol Really I guess the beachball-size head hitbox isn't big enough for snipers to shoot? The enlarged head hit box is better for snipers than the sweet spot.

I agree, there are too many peeps playing snipers as it is, if they get a buff we could end up with 80% snipers..lol
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Little know fact but S.C.O.U.T is actually an acronym for "Too Scared to Fight Up Close So I'll Hide behind this Tree Back Here"
  • BaronVonGoon
    7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what they do to Recon

As seen above, there will never. NEVER be a day when they are not the focus of complaints. You can be doing 55 damage with bolt actions, have glare on x3 scopes on Recon ONLY while other classes get the same scope, no glare

Less velocity, no sweetspot (which is fine)

No straight pull bolt actions

The more aggressive SLR options are better, but pale in comparison to Assault semi-autos. You're pretty much a Recon w/o scope glare, better combat oriented traits, great offensive gadgets for building destruction, you get a bazooka to launch wherever you please

It's just a joke at this point. How anyone could argue that Recon is still the "annoying" class in comparison to Assault?

Because as an assault you need to actually earn the kill. Yeah, people come up with all sorts of anecdotes about assault and ez mode guns... Yes but you still have to aim, track and kill. With recon it's a volume thing. You have 15 recon per side taking pot shots. 10 pot shots miss, a pot shot hits. There's alot of them and these shots are bound to get you. When you factor in the increased size of the head hit box, the sniper class becomes very annoying.

Atleast when an assault, medic or support takes you out you know you got outplayed. But when a recon takes you out you know ALOT of the time luck was involved.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • eSynthetiK
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All of you that try to push this 'recon hate' agenda are pathetic honestly. Snipers are statistically weaker than they've ever been in a BF series (atleast since BC2) and with the removal of random spread from guns, every class except for smg's can easily out gun snipers within ~300m. The zh-29 is arguably the best weapon right now for recon since it hits for a few less points than bolt-actions but at triple the rate of fire. And since the crybabies in the community are so vehemently against snipers sitting back in the hills away from the objective I suggest DICE goes back to the old damage drop off styles of bf3-4 where the bolt actions do 100 damage up close (or 80 damage with a 1.25 multiplier to the body like in BF3) to atleast give aggressive recons the tools to push objectives and compete up close with the other weapons.

And before anyone complains that snipers shouldn't be good up close, keep that same energy in regards to the Drilling shotgun which does both up close and long range phenomenally. It's just that 60 damage point blank for some bolts and having to follow up with 3-4 pistol shots is absurd to say the least as you'll usually end up getting killed before you can even pull out your pistol if your opponent is semi decent at shooting.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    All of you that try to push this 'recon hate' agenda are pathetic honestly. Snipers are statistically weaker than they've ever been in a BF series (atleast since BC2) and with the removal of random spread from guns, every class except for smg's can easily out gun snipers within ~300m. The zh-29 is arguably the best weapon right now for recon since it hits for a few less points than bolt-actions but at triple the rate of fire. And since the crybabies in the community are so vehemently against snipers sitting back in the hills away from the objective I suggest DICE goes back to the old damage drop off styles of bf3-4 where the bolt actions do 100 damage up close (or 80 damage with a 1.25 multiplier to the body like in BF3) to atleast give aggressive recons the tools to push objectives and compete up close with the other weapons.

And before anyone complains that snipers shouldn't be good up close, keep that same energy in regards to the Drilling shotgun which does both up close and long range phenomenally. It's just that 60 damage point blank for some bolts and having to follow up with 3-4 pistol shots is absurd to say the least as you'll usually end up getting killed before you can even pull out your pistol if your opponent is semi decent at shooting.

Snipers hide in the back because they are too scared to come up close. All of this "make scout weapons stronger up close to bring in the recons towards the flags" talk is complete nonsense. They are scared of the TTK so they go nowhere near the action on purpose. All buffing the scout weapons in CQC does is give players that normally wouldn't play scout a way to cheese kills. Pretty much what the pre nerf Martini Henry did in BF1.
  • BaronVonGoon
    It doesn't matter what they do to Recon

As seen above, there will never. NEVER be a day when they are not the focus of complaints. You can be doing 55 damage with bolt actions, have glare on x3 scopes on Recon ONLY while other classes get the same scope, no glare

Less velocity, no sweetspot (which is fine)

No straight pull bolt actions

The more aggressive SLR options are better, but pale in comparison to Assault semi-autos. You're pretty much a Recon w/o scope glare, better combat oriented traits, great offensive gadgets for building destruction, you get a bazooka to launch wherever you please

It's just a joke at this point. How anyone could argue that Recon is still the "annoying" class in comparison to Assault?

Because as an assault you need to actually earn the kill. Yeah, people come up with all sorts of anecdotes about assault and ez mode guns... Yes but you still have to aim, track and kill. With recon it's a volume thing. You have 15 recon per server taking pot shots. 10 pot shots miss, a pot shot hits. There's alot of them and these shots are bound to get you. When you factor in the increased size of the head hit box, the sniper class becomes very annoying.

Atleast when an assault, medic or support takes you out you know you got outplayed. But when a recon takes you out you know ALOT youre annoyed because you know luck was involved.

I just don't agree in any fashion man, I'm sorry.

It's not like the larger headshot only benefits Recon. Sure, you can drop a guy in 1 shot with a HS, but Assault, Support, Medic all benefit from this larger hitbox just as much.

From tapping enemies with MP34 in single fire past 50 meters, to lining up a headshot with the rifle cartridge of the M30 Drilling; there are numerous ways everyone benefits from it.

Assault is pretty much Recon in this game.

They both get:
    Semi-automatic functioning weapons that do considerable damage at range
    Access to x3 scopes for better clarity on target
    Less overall spread compared to other classes with only full auto options

The caveat here tho is:
    Assault gets:
    No glare on their exact same x3 scope
    Much higher mag size Semi-autos via the G43, and especially Selby 1916
    Faster reloads
    Retains destructive gadgets to alter the battlefield, kill enemies behind cover, destroy fortifications, attack vehicles etc.

I mean, I can grab Assault class and a Semi-auto and just BE a Recon while doing so. I can play exactly the same way, and do even BETTER at Recon's role using Assault's gear.

Same with Support, that M30 Drilling is a monster. OHK headshot rifle cartridge, AND double barrel buckshot at the flip of a switch? Total close range dominance, and long range potency all contained within 1 single weapon.

I know there isn't any point in arguing this, because we are just diametrically opposed on this issue. It's just laughable the consternation Recon causes when in reality it doesn't even excel at it's own role that well past what other classes can do in the same function.

I'm under the impression that the larger head box ONLY applies to you if you're using a sniper rifle...? This is what the devs alluded to around release.

I understand your other points but I'm saying it's the sniper rifles specifically which are the problem. Something that OHKs from across the map doesn't sit well with alot of people, considering alot of hits are potshots luck. And when you add the fact that as you say in your last point recon doesn't even excel at its own role I agree, it's a volume thing. Alot of the snipers are bad, but there are quite a few of them in the servers and one of the shots is bound to get you. And then you have a sour taste in your mouth because you know it's luck.

I'm not saying there aren't good snipers, there are lots of snipers who are really strong at what they do. But the majority are bad and rely on luck to get their kills, a OHK gun to a massive head hit box is going to net you some kills even if you're bad. Just one shot is needed.