** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it's fixed.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

They haven't announced the date yet for the hotfix.. the tweet on the last page says within 'the next few days'.
  • LassePladask
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So can someone tell me exactly the ways to get spotted on the minimap after this hotfix? If am 3D spotted am also spotted on minimap?
    How long is 3D spotting and does it disappear completely if I get behind cover? Thanks

• Psybernaut
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    I can't tell if the people defending it are actual jabrones or Contrarian Carls. either way they should exit the simulation.

Lol
    We have a few of them. Don't be surprised if one day you see one arguing FOR the flat earth theory.

Good thing in this thread though it's almost unanimous. Feels like 95% support immediate removal of this annoying feature.

In your heart you know it's flat.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They haven't announced the date yet for the hotfix.. the tweet on the last page says within 'the next few days'.

I saw something about a patch on Tuesday.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes please remove this spotting mechanic!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I saw something about a patch on Tuesday.

Saw it too on Battlefield Bulletin I think. Not sure if that is the hotfix or something else.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know I’m definitely in the minority, but I think there has to be some semblance of spotting in a game like this where enemy visibility is almost nonexistent.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Today when I loaded up game on PS4 it had a update in the menu.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank **** for that.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This must explain how everyone always seems to know exactly where i am without any due reason.

I just thought everyone was ESPing, because everyone cheats, like literally everyone, you kill me, you are aimbotting.
  • disposalist
    8443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I hate campers, I'm so relieved this will be removed.

That's one source of frustration fixed.

Now. For the other 1000?...
  • JamieCurnock
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I had an update on Xbox today, not sure if it was for this?
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had an update on Xbox today, not sure if it was for this?

A downloadable update or a UI update?
  • BaronVonGoon

Today when I loaded up game on PS4 it had a update in the menu.

Probabky only the UI update for the Practice Range poster on startup. Same on Xbox.
  • m1k3ol
    811 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2018
    So can someone tell me exactly the ways to get spotted on the minimap after this hotfix? If am 3D spotted am also spotted on minimap?
    How long is 3D spotting and does it disappear completely if I get behind cover? Thanks

Basically, Recons

Any damage they do to you, you're 2d spotted, flares and binos, 3d spotted, and everyone else, 3d spot when they get you on 100% suppression
    So it "may" get fixed now? I don't get the point of removing spotting and then sneaking a mechanic in that auto spots. Seems very counter productive. Typical lol.

This bug/feature was dumb for sure, but anyone think that spotting via other means were not working properly (suppression ect).

Since the update I have noticed much more 3d spotting then before

I think one reason is the VGO

it suppresses soooo fast...
  • CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The next big think i hope they fix are the footstep sounds. With this and the minimap spot fix my kdr wil increase by at least 1.0 for sure
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited December 2018
    Fix is confirmed coming on Tuesday. So less than 48 hours. We won't have to suffer through death spotting during the holidays.

https://imgur.com/gallery/nO6MwyE

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    So players think this is what is getting them killed, LOL, like those streams of tracers they're hosing around aren't a tip-off for the other team, or maybe they think nobody is using chat to let their squad know what just happened. "Completely destroys gameplay"--man, what a bunch of drama queens. Have they already forgotten that in previous games just firing put them on the minimap without even getting a kill?

And you forgot about the existence of surpressors in bf3 and bf4 and the complete removal of firing exposing you on the mini map in bf1.

And yea... on console you know how often randoms chat with each other? Like never. So odds are you didnt kill a guy who was in a communicating squad and if you killed a guy in cqb with good accuracy there won't be tracer rounds for others to really see. Yes they will hear the gun fire and see the dead body of their teammate but they are more likely to attempt a revive on that person then to look for you.

This is a legitimate complaint and honestly only helps noobs get kills on good players who would otherwise be tearing up their back line.

He's just trying to come off as a BA. Obviously he didn't bother reading this whole thread because there were several legitimate reasons why it needs to be removed beyond camping and the "durr durr durr, that's not really why you are dying" nonsense was brought up on page one.

It's the hyperbole that gets me--It destroys the game!--well no, it doesn't, it's just another annoyance for some players and apparently they're going to change it anyway. And actually I don't like it and legitimate reasons are not interchangeable terms especially when so many of you ignore every point you disagree with. None of you knows why this is in the game, whether it's a bug or they put it in on purpose, and none of you knows how often you were spotted by a Recon's spotting scope or your own tracers etc., and those of you in games with players using VOIP don't know if the guy you killed dropped a dime on you, nor do you know how many players even keep an eye on the minimap (in some games it seems like my teammates ignore it totally). You're making assumptions based on your likes and dislikes and ignoring whatever doesn't support what you want to believe (like the spot doesn't follow you as you move). Your personal anecdotes are also no more meaningful than those which discount your claim, e.g. I sat in a stone tower on Hamada a few days ago and got eleven kills without moving, why didn't those eleven spots result in my death? At my age I'm not going to win many twitch-shooting fights, so there's nothing I like more than flanking the other team and taking some snipers tags, but this overblown display of paranoia mingled with arrogance is not something I'm going to join even though this mechanic presumably hurts my play style. Until it's gone I'll make a point of moving after every kill if possible, some of you will prefer to tear your hair and wail at the unfairness of it all, so be it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited December 2018
    So players think this is what is getting them killed, LOL, like those streams of tracers they're hosing around aren't a tip-off for the other team, or maybe they think nobody is using chat to let their squad know what just happened. "Completely destroys gameplay"--man, what a bunch of drama queens. Have they already forgotten that in previous games just firing put them on the minimap without even getting a kill?

And you forgot about the existence of surpressors in bf3 and bf4 and the complete removal of firing exposing you on the mini map in bf1.

And yea... on console you know how often randoms chat with each other? Like never. So odds are you didnt kill a guy who was in a communicating squad and if you killed a guy in cqb with good accuracy there won't be tracer rounds for others to really see. Yes they will hear the gun fire and see the dead body of their teammate but they are more likely to attempt a revive on that person then to look for you.

This is a legitimate complaint and honestly only helps noobs get kills on good players who would otherwise be tearing up their back line.

He's just trying to come off as a BA. Obviously he didn't bother reading this whole thread because there were several legitimate reasons why it needs to be removed beyond camping and the "durr durr durr, that's not really why you are dying" nonsense was brought up on page one.

It's the hyperbole that gets me--It destroys the game!--well no, it doesn't, it's just another annoyance for some players and apparently they're going to change it anyway. And actually I don't like it and legitimate reasons are not interchangeable terms especially when so many of you ignore every point you disagree with. None of you knows why this is in the game, whether it's a bug or they put it in on purpose, and none of you knows how often you were spotted by a Recon's spotting scope or your own tracers etc., and those of you in games with players using VOIP don't know if the guy you killed dropped a dime on you, nor do you know how many players even keep an eye on the minimap (in some games it seems like my teammates ignore it totally). You're making assumptions based on your likes and dislikes and ignoring whatever doesn't support what you want to believe (like the spot doesn't follow you as you move). Your personal anecdotes are also no more meaningful than those which discount your claim, e.g. I sat in a stone tower on Hamada a few days ago and got eleven kills without moving, why didn't those eleven spots result in my death? At my age I'm not going to win many twitch-shooting fights, so there's nothing I like more than flanking the other team and taking some snipers tags, but this overblown display of paranoia mingled with arrogance is not something I'm going to join even though this mechanic presumably hurts my play style. Until it's gone I'll make a point of moving after every kill if possible, some of you will prefer to tear your hair and wail at the unfairness of it all, so be it.

Because it's Hamada. You need a passport to travel across the bridge and I'm not doing it even if you kill me 5 times. Try and do that on any other map. And you're trying too hard to lessen the impact of this spotting bug/feature issue and highlight recon spotting and teammates making callouts which are both much much less prevalent (Not to mention the latter doesnt result in 2d minimap spotting).

The minimap has been lighting up like a Christmas tree since this game released... and you're saying its recon spotting? Come on... There are so many contrarian carls on these forums if we surveyed here there would likely be more believers in flat earth here than there would be in the general population. You're saying people are ignoring points they disagree with. Not true. They ignore points that are illogical, that don't jive with reality.

There is a problem. A spotting plague. There are giant threads on Reddit about it and this one.