Weekly BF

** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    .. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This is what you call a game breaking bug DICE..
    How the **** could something like this slip?
    Sometimes you make awesome AAA-content, Other times you act like a bunch of amateurs.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So this explains some annoying deaths when I kill someone and and some guy magically runs right to where I just took cover and kill me when he wasn't even around.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Since I found out about this I've been having a much better experience. I make sure I'm alway sticking and moving. I even get some kills on people going to my ping when I circle around. I still get killed because of it and its painfully obvious when it happens. Usually its someone pre firing the corner that I had to stay in to heal up or reload. I'll be glad when its gone.

It's very annoying. Reminds me of the BF4 meta. I keep thinking I need to put on a suppressor then remember this game doesn't have it. On maps like Twisted Steel I feel it's the worst. Very tough moving on that map.
    .. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This is what you call a game breaking bug DICE..
    Sometimes you make awesome AAA-content, Other times you act like a bunch of amateurs.

No clue man. It's more of a disadvantage for solo players.

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since I found out about this I've been having a much better experience. I make sure I'm alway sticking and moving. I even get some kills on people going to my ping when I circle around. I still get killed because of it and its painfully obvious when it happens. Usually its someone pre firing the corner that I had to stay in to heal up or reload. I'll be glad when its gone.

It's very annoying. Reminds me of the BF4 meta. I keep thinking I need to put on a suppressor then remember this game doesn't have it. On maps like Twisted Steel I feel it's the worst. Very tough moving on that map.

No clue man. It's more of a disadvantage for solo players.

I've mostly avoided it but it all depends on the level of player you are up against. I was defending on Breakthrough against a clan stack and I was in a house on the objective trying to burn the flag. No one came near the house I was in... until I got a kill. I didn't have anywhere safe to go so I switched rooms to try to save myself and about 5 of them immediately came to the house, ran up the stairs and they all turned to my last position in the room on the left. Not a single one went right. I was able to take one or two down with me but then I pinged again and it was a swarm like flies to poo. I should have set a dynamite trap.
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to let dice off with calling a mechanic that spots you after a kill a bug. We are giving them too much credit for a bad decision that was obviously intentional.

Every day I'm finding it more and more difficult to bother playing the game. Mainly due to the ineptitude of DICE.
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to let dice off with calling a mechanic that spots you after a kill a bug. We are giving them too much credit for a bad decision that was obviously intentional.

I agree that its almost definitely intentional. They were just f****** pampering snowflakes
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think Dice promised to patch this thing with Dec 4 update.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You are absolutely correct. This in-game behaviour is completely intentional, no way it was originally produced by accident. I'm willing to consider it was a trial of sorts, and the bug being that they forgot about it/forgot to take it out.

It is fixed internally, but as far as I'm aware, it will not make it to the next patch since it was already sealed.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now aware of it and keeping an eye out for I'm sure it's just pings where you were when you got the kill not a live 2D marker.

This is from my perspective and hunting red dots on the map
  • disposalist
    8660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm really not sure it was intentional. It's hardly off the current scale when it comes to bugs in BF5.

I can well imagine it might have been part of internal testing and then made it through to release, given the clear lack of testing that has let so many other bugs and problems through to release.

It makes no sense whatsoever to have some kind of super-killcam spotting when spotting has otherwise been so nerfed. I can't think of another issue that is quite so nonsensical - other features at least seem to have some reasonable rationale even if I disagree with it or they are bugged/incomplete.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They did? Really hope so. We know the patch isn't fixing TTD or footstep sounds, hopefully it fixes this atleast.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really, this thread about a bug that could be a feature gets all these angry responses but my thread about being able to hear enemy soldiers talking even though those players are being silent on their screen was ridiculed?
  • RetroBitPixel
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Explains a lot... DICE please.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited December 2018
    Guys we need to riot.

@HardAimedKid you're right it's intentional:

https://i.imgur.com/16vZUXJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

It's not getting fixed tomorrow. It's not getting fixed in the patch after that. It MAY get fixed in the future. MAY. Depends on feedback Manolov says. So guys if you don't like this stupid mechanic speak out.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Man every time I come here I'm reminded why I haven't played in like 2 weeks. What a stupid gameplay ruining mechanic like they may as well put auto spotting from gunfire back in. I was wondering why I'd pull slick flanks take a guy out with a short burst duck to reload and then see 8 enemies gunning for me I thought everyone developed insane game sense but I knew that wasn't the case with this community. Total garbage.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wowz.