Weekly Debrief

** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus Christ man......
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like I've said since this was talked about that there is no way this is a bug. I guess someone at dice is saying that jjju is wrong and it is a bug. I highly doubt a bug (mechanic) that auto spots you after a kill for 5 seconds accidentally got into the game in the form of a bug.

Wtf is the point of an awesome flank if you're spotted for their whole team as soon as you light one guy up? Makes zero sense. Now you're saying it's in the game for 2 more months possibly? Don't get why spotting is removed from the game basically only for the game to do it for you.

Oh let's notice who this affects most also, proactive players...
  • ElliotLH
    8557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it is indeed intentional then it's a bit silly and doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering the changes to spotting as a whole.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So it's not gun fire that makes enemies appear on the minimap? Interesting. I doubt this is a bug. If it is i can see my K:D skyrocketing once it's fixed.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like I've said since this was talked about that there is no way this is a bug. I guess someone at dice is saying that jjju is wrong and it is a bug. I highly doubt a bug (mechanic) that auto spots you after a kill for 5 seconds accidentally got into the game in the form of a bug.

Wtf is the point of an awesome flank if you're spotted for their whole team as soon as you light one guy up? Makes zero sense. Now you're saying it's in the game for 2 more months possibly? Don't get why spotting is removed from the game basically only for the game to do it for you.

Oh let's notice who this affects most also, proactive players...

They already said that its not technically a bug because at one point they meant to have it in the game but then changed their minds. So it is an intentional design element that someone forgot to remove.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    They already said that its not technically a bug because at one point they meant to have it in the game but then changed their minds. So it is an intentional design element that someone forgot to remove.
    The fact such a terrible damn Idea made into the game to begin with shows us the level of incompetence we are dealing with. the second that was brought up in a design meeting the offending developer should have been shunted down a elevator shaft.

I mean at some point you have to start looking at certain things and start considering terms such as 'incompetence'. They either put it and forgot to remove it OR they put it in and didn't forget to remove it but totally forgot everything they told us after BF4 and just before BF1 released about how the spotting changes were going to improve gameplay. And they did improve gameplay immensely. Did they forget this or just change their mind?

For the life of me I dont understand how you do everything thing right to get a kill and your reward for it is every single enemy within a 150 metre radius knows that you're a murder and will be coming after you.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow thats crazy. Don't think I'll play till it's fixed
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fact such a terrible damn Idea made into the game to begin with shows us the level of incompetence we are dealing with. the second that was brought up in a design meeting the offending developer should have been shunted down a elevator shaft.

But when you shoot you show up on the mini map in previous titles. I would say that's 100X worse than this.
    Trust me I don't like it but is far from game breaking as you were once lighting up on the map from shooting a gun.
  • KMAsterisk
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I have doubts about how often people utilize the minimap for this purpose, but 5 seconds and actively tracking can ruin a good flank. If they don't remove it altogether, which shouldn't surprise anyone, let's hope they shorten the timespan and maybe make it where you were at the time of the kill. It probably originated from A) people discussing how people would corner camp even more. B) Giving people who relied on spotting a semi crutch.
  • theONEFORCE

But when you shoot you show up on the mini map in previous titles. I would say that's 100X worse than this.
    Trust me I don't like it but is far from game breaking as you were once lighting up on the map from shooting a gun.

The problem isn't necessarily that its there. We all understand how it was in old games, but in old games we knew about it and there was an expectation that you were spotted all of time. The problem is in this game we were all wondering why in the fudge we were getting boned and no one had a clue. We're all learning new maps in a game with an extremely fast time to kill and over and over again on comms I'm hearing "How did they know I was there?!?".

Plus, in old games there was spotting spam. Everyone was spotted almost all of the time. In this game spots are few and far between so when that ping comes up you stick out like a **** in a punch bowl.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The problem isn't necessarily that its there. We all understand how it was in old games, but in old games we knew about it and there was an expectation that you were spotted all of time. The problem is in this game we were all wondering why in the fudge we were getting boned and no one had a clue. We're all learning new maps in a game with an extremely fast time to kill and over and over again on comms I'm hearing "How did they know I was there?!?".

Plus, in old games there was spotting spam. Everyone was spotted almost all of the time. In this game spots are few and far between so when that ping comes up you stick out like a **** in a punch bowl.

Totally understand but the way people are talking about it is as if this is why they keep dying which is 100% untrue. Your not getting a negative K/D because of this mechanic/bug. Is it annoying yes. But I have noticed this for quite some time now and thought it was a new feature. Wasn't until a few days ago when someone brought it up that I realized it was not done intentionally.
  • TheGM86
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is always been a crap mechanic but you could at least hide among the masses firing and you could equip a silencer. but when most of the team on average is going 5-22 whenever you get a kill you might as well plug in a giant neon sign that says here I am, kill me while wearing sparklers in your ears and shooting fireworks out your butt.
  • Loki_Deezie

It is always been a crap mechanic but you could at least hide among the masses firing and you could equip a silencer. but when most of the team on average is going 5-22 whenever you get a kill you might as well plug in a giant neon sign that says here I am, kill me while wearing sparklers in your ears and shooting fireworks out your butt.

Sorry but this issue is not what is causing you to do bad.
  • theONEFORCE

Totally understand but the way people are talking about it is as if this is why they keep dying which is 100% untrue. Your not getting a negative K/D because of this mechanic/bug. Is it annoying yes. But I have noticed this for quite some time now and thought it was a new feature. Wasn't until a few days ago when someone brought it up that I realized it was not done intentionally.

I'm not getting a negative KD or doing badly because of this. It is however causing me to accumulate annoying deaths that I don't deserve. The less you die, the easier it is to keep track of the BS deaths. Maybe someday you'll understand.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not saying that I'm a FAN of this and I DO hope it gets changed...

...HOWEVER....

We CAN use this to our advantage. Since it pings the last known location where you got a kill from, you might be able to bait enemies into trying to hunt you down by following the mini-map ping.

Just kill, and move slighty while keeping LOS with the general area you nailed the kill from. Rinse and repeat as enemies filter in.

I know that this isn't going to work for all situations, it's hard to keep that in mind in the middle of a gunfight. But perhaps, in the right situations, we can turn this disadvantage into an ADvantage.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just announced on their twitch stream some problems were found in the patch and its now delayed =/