Weekly BF

** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just announced on their twitch stream some problems were found in the patch and its now delayed =/

Ouch. That's unfortunate.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    They already said that its not technically a bug because at one point they meant to have it in the game but then changed their minds. So it is an intentional design element that someone forgot to remove.
    The fact such a terrible damn Idea made into the game to begin with shows us the level of incompetence we are dealing with. the second that was brought up in a design meeting the offending developer should have been shunted down a elevator shaft.

But when you shoot you show up on the mini map in previous titles. I would say that's 100X worse than this.
    Trust me I don't like it but is far from game breaking as you were once lighting up on the map from shooting a gun.

The problem isn't necessarily that its there. We all understand how it was in old games, but in old games we knew about it and there was an expectation that you were spotted all of time. The problem is in this game we were all wondering why in the fudge we were getting boned and no one had a clue. We're all learning new maps in a game with an extremely fast time to kill and over and over again on comms I'm hearing "How did they know I was there?!?".

Plus, in old games there was spotting spam. Everyone was spotted almost all of the time. In this game spots are few and far between so when that ping comes up you stick out like a **** in a punch bowl.

Totally understand but the way people are talking about it is as if this is why they keep dying which is 100% untrue. Your not getting a negative K/D because of this mechanic/bug. Is it annoying yes. But I have noticed this for quite some time now and thought it was a new feature. Wasn't until a few days ago when someone brought it up that I realized it was not done intentionally.

I'm not getting a negative KD or doing badly because of this. It is however causing me to accumulate annoying deaths that I don't deserve. The less you die, the easier it is to keep track of the BS deaths. Maybe someday you'll understand.

Maybe someday you will not blame all your deaths on something other than yourself.
    But once your out of high school theses things be one less an issue in life.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Not saying that I'm a FAN of this and I DO hope it gets changed...

...HOWEVER....

We CAN use this to our advantage. Since it pings the last known location where you got a kill from, you might be able to bait enemies into trying to hunt you down by following the mini-map ping.

Just kill, and move slighty while keeping LOS with the general area you nailed the kill from. Rinse and repeat as enemies filter in.

I know that this isn't going to work for all situations, it's hard to keep that in mind in the middle of a gunfight. But perhaps, in the right situations, we can turn this disadvantage into an ADvantage.

But the ping is following you wherever you move to for a solid 5 seconds. I guess it's a good idea to count to 5 and then change your position.
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow the lack of polish on this game is truly astounding!
    And people on here have the audacity to criticise cod games.

REALLY!
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

REALLY!

Yet in cod zombies were legit broken and was missin a bunch of content which was added later. Not to mention the lag competition favoring the higher ping player.
    Oh and the whole giving 60hz servers in beta then using 20hz on full release.

But no cods release was polished...
  • MarxistDictator
    4958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just announced on their twitch stream some problems were found in the patch and its now delayed =/

Wow not even a full day of notice, and no alert that it's being delayed anywhere else. They seriously don't care anymore. Oh well, this is why their game sucks and is dying.
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

REALLY!

Yet in cod zombies were legit broken and was missin a bunch of content which was added later. Not to mention the lag competition favoring the higher ping player.
    Oh and the whole giving 60hz servers in beta then using 20hz on full release.

But no cods release was polished...

Utter garbage at its finest!
    I bought black ops 4 on release and it was released in a far superior state compared to bf5!
    What other bugs are we to going to come across during our paid for beta access amongst the ones we have already
  • TheGM86
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They already said that its not technically a bug because at one point they meant to have it in the game but then changed their minds. So it is an intentional design element that someone forgot to remove.
    The fact such a terrible damn Idea made into the game to begin with shows us the level of incompetence we are dealing with. the second that was brought up in a design meeting the offending developer should have been shunted down a elevator shaft.

But when you shoot you show up on the mini map in previous titles. I would say that's 100X worse than this.
    Trust me I don't like it but is far from game breaking as you were once lighting up on the map from shooting a gun.

The problem isn't necessarily that its there. We all understand how it was in old games, but in old games we knew about it and there was an expectation that you were spotted all of time. The problem is in this game we were all wondering why in the fudge we were getting boned and no one had a clue. We're all learning new maps in a game with an extremely fast time to kill and over and over again on comms I'm hearing "How did they know I was there?!?".

Plus, in old games there was spotting spam. Everyone was spotted almost all of the time. In this game spots are few and far between so when that ping comes up you stick out like a **** in a punch bowl.

Totally understand but the way people are talking about it is as if this is why they keep dying which is 100% untrue. Your not getting a negative K/D because of this mechanic/bug. Is it annoying yes. But I have noticed this for quite some time now and thought it was a new feature. Wasn't until a few days ago when someone brought it up that I realized it was not done intentionally.

I'm not getting a negative KD or doing badly because of this. It is however causing me to accumulate annoying deaths that I don't deserve. The less you die, the easier it is to keep track of the BS deaths. Maybe someday you'll understand.

Maybe someday you will not blame all your deaths on something other than yourself.

Says the guy with the middle school grammar and the kindergarten FPS skills.
    He is upset people disagreed with him and in true zoomer fashion he is having an existential crisis because of it.
  • Loki_Deezie

Says the guy with the middle school grammar and the kindergarten FPS skills.

High school at its finest.
  • TheGM86
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wow not even a full day of notice, and no alert that it's being delayed anywhere else. They seriously don't care anymore. Oh well, this is why their game sucks and is dying.
    must have been a real doozie since DICE was fine with breaking the game with patches since the days of yore.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah same.

It ruins the element of surprise and explains a lot of my (WTF how did he know I was there) moments.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

must have been a real doozie since DICE was fine with breaking the game with patches since the days of yore.

Maybe they discovered that the patch didn't break anything or cause any new bugs. "Not on my watch" - Dice Intern
  • TheGM86

Maybe they discovered that the patch didn't break anything or cause any new bugs. "Not on my watch" - Dice Intern
    ReflectingMajorLangur-size_restricted.gif
    dice hard at work is seems.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol so true
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Guys it's just a ping of your location where you murked the guy that stays there for that 5 second duration. I just confirmed it last match. It is not a live 2D mini map ping that follows you

That's be why we were slow on the uptake of its existence and why it's not that much of a problem; if anything it's a problem for campers
  • Hawxxeye
    6073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of my favorite things in BF games is to sneak behind the enemy lines and kill campers.
    Because of that auto spot as soon as I kill one camper the rest of the enemies in the minimap range start looking for me
  • TheGM86

It is always been a crap mechanic but you could at least hide among the masses firing and you could equip a silencer. but when most of the team on average is going 5-22 whenever you get a kill you might as well plug in a giant neon sign that says here I am, kill me while wearing sparklers in your ears and shooting fireworks out your butt.

Sorry but this issue is not what is causing you to do bad.
    The Irony. See I'm not doing bad, I'm doing good, too good in fact. at such a high level of good that when I'm doing my goodery I happen to stick out on the mini map as somebody with proficiency in goodification. This is apparently something you have no experience with.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol goodification...
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Guys it's just a ping of your location where you murked the guy that stays there for that 5 second duration. I just confirmed it last match. It is not a live 2D mini map ping that follows you

That's be why we were slow on the uptake of its existence and why it's not that much of a problem; if anything it's a problem for campers

It's not just a problem for campers but also flankers. Cant flank a large number of enimes and pick them off one by one when after the first kill they all turn towards your direction, and even if you relocate they swarm you.

In previous battlefield titles if you wanted to flank you would put a suppressor on your gun so you wouldn't be seen on the mini map. And in BF1 there wasn't any mini map pings at all unless you were actually spotted.

Since suppressors were not in place in ww2 they should just bring it back to how it was in bf1.