** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I know that nobody wants to hear it, but I like the idea. I know it's a crutch from my Dorito core mode preference, but if it helps with camper mitigation, it could be helpful.

Maybe it should be 1 second...? Maybe remove it for knife kills...? Maybe tied as an audio location ping from rifle fire noise, not heard in vehicles and planes because of engine noise...?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it should exist just dispelling the falsehood that its a live Minimap ping.

They have fixed it internally and maybe they managed to squeeze it into the patch when they had to recert it; we don't know yet.

And at this time it's not as detremental to gameplay as people are making it out to be. Most players aren't aware of the Minimap let alone 3D spotting and those that are often chase that red dot so if you do move after a kill you can easily setup another one.

Given how most players don't understand the concept of flanking you can still do it with this bug hell if anything I've been doing it more after knowing about this. The only actual detremental issues of it is towards campers and isn't everyone crying about them ATM? So what does that say about people who are really upset over it?

I'm a fairly aggressive player and flanker, and feel I benefit a lot more from the killer spot than suffer from it. Basically it allows for combating poor visibility and campers. Sure you sometimes can't relocate comfortably, but knowing they will be coming is often enough.
  • dinobass
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Today this mechanic helped me find a sniper on Devastation who was camping in a well-hidden spot while I was flanking. In a way it makes sense, like the guy you downed is giving out your location, so you better move and not camp.

What would be cool, in keeping with the new BFV philosophy, is if, instead of the mini-map dot, downed teammates point to the position where they got shot; instead of just rolling around, downed teammates would point in the direction the kill shot came from. That would be some Full Metal Jacket drama right there.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dinobass wrote: »
    Today this mechanic helped me find a sniper on Devastation who was camping in a well-hidden spot while I was flanking. In a way it makes sense, like the guy you downed is giving out your location, so you better move and not camp.

What would be cool, in keeping with the new BFV philosophy, is if, instead of the mini-map dot, downed teammates point to the position where they got shot; instead of just rolling around, downed teammates would point in the direction the kill shot came from. That would be some Full Metal Jacket drama right there.

That would be cool
  • ToastyJoost
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now you know why I like to play with my minimap zoomed all the way out.

It's a bug. Needs addressing fast.
  • EtherRemix
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is ridiculous. More and more people are aware of this 'mechanic'. I'm sick of people charging and prefiring at me from random angles every time I get a kill. I've became paranoid and preaim the spot someone might just rush out of because he saw a red dot. And this **** happens every single round.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now you know why I like to play with my minimap zoomed all the way out.

It's a bug. Needs addressing fast.

It’s not a bug. This is like a slower paced version of that thing in CoD where you show up as a red dot on the minimap every time you fire a round without a silencer attached
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My suspicion is they realised the low TTK and the messy, cluttered graphics are encouraging (and rewarding) hiding and camping, so added the killers-ping to 'counter' it.

Another good sounding idea done badly. Fix the cause, don't put a sticky plaster on the problem.
  • Taj2960
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had no idea this was a thing, but it explains a lot of weird stuff that has happened.
    In my opinion this has to go away, stabbing someone in the back wouldn't make everyone else of that guys friends know exactly where you are xP
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying it should exist just dispelling the falsehood that its a live Minimap ping.

They have fixed it internally and maybe they managed to squeeze it into the patch when they had to recert it; we don't know yet.

And at this time it's not as detremental to gameplay as people are making it out to be. Most players aren't aware of the Minimap let alone 3D spotting and those that are often chase that red dot so if you do move after a kill you can easily setup another one.

Given how most players don't understand the concept of flanking you can still do it with this bug hell if anything I've been doing it more after knowing about this. The only actual detremental issues of it is towards campers and isn't everyone crying about them ATM? So what does that say about people who are really upset over it?

I'm a fairly aggressive player and flanker, and feel I benefit a lot more from the killer spot than suffer from it. Basically it allows for combating poor visibility and campers. Sure you sometimes can't relocate comfortably, but knowing they will be coming is often enough.

If you're flanking you dont need the red dot on the map, you just need to listen for gun fire and watch for tracer rounds. Honestly the tracer rounds on every gun is the biggest thing that helps against campers.

The red dot spot on the map pretty much forced any player who is against overwhelming numbers to either go out in a blaze of glory, or wait for the enemy to leave. You cant flank or even attempt to solo cap an objective when after the first kill they know what side of the objective you're on. Or what building you were in.

On a side note. Does this spot on the map happen after a throwing knife kill or a CQB knife kill??
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If you're flanking you dont need the red dot on the map, you just need to listen for gun fire and watch for tracer rounds. Honestly the tracer rounds on every gun is the biggest thing that helps against campers.

The red dot spot on the map pretty much forced any player who is against overwhelming numbers to either go out in a blaze of glory, or wait for the enemy to leave. You cant flank or even attempt to solo cap an objective when after the first kill they know what side of the objective you're on. Or what building you were in.

On a side note. Does this spot on the map happen after a throwing knife kill or a CQB knife kill??

Well when line of sight to said camper is obstructed, and audio scenery overloaded, the red dot is most certainly helpful. I don't mean I use it exclusively, I use all cues the game provides (which is currently lacking with respect to footsteps). Plus it's only five seconds, it's short enough to throw enemies off, and a lot players don't seem to pick up on it. So I don't mind it exists, rather contrary. Your mileage my vary.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess this isn't going away soon. I thought DICE had moved away from people playing the minimap.

They should have just reskinned BF1 because at least that had most of the bugs ironed out :confused:
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I for one HATE this mechanic. There have been ALOT of instances where I have snuck up behind a group of opponents and killed the closest one to me (sometimes with a melee weapon!) only to have all of his teammates whirl around and annihilate me. If anything this garbage makes it MORE enticing to stay far away from the opponent and camp away. That way, if I kill an opponent at a distance I won’t have 3-5 of his teammates in close proximity hunting me down because they know precisely where I am. If I camp and am at a distance I have those few seconds that I am lit up on the other team’s minimap to relocate and use cover. If the enemy teammates are within walking distance of me (behind a wall for example) I have little to no chance. So, DICE, if you made the game this way to discourage camping then you are having the OPPOSITE effect. Please change this ASAP!
  • SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To add to my list of "no ping" items (silent melee kills and being in any vehicle), perhaps add no ping in the flag cap zone...?
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh it's starting to make sense as to why people suddenly know where I am after I kill someone.

...how was this not fixed as a top priority bug, DICE????????

And the fact they're waiting for feedback instead of just fixing a bug is ridiculous. If you're going to get rid of the spotting, then get rid of the spotting, don't leave some stupid bug like punishing players for killing people.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This can’t be true, can it? This might literally be the dumbest thing I’ve evver heard of aside from my friend complaining he couldn’t aim down sights...for 2 straight weeks. Before we realized he was using the mg-34. Other than that, this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of...can’t be true.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry dbl posted
    Post edited by Duece09 on
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know that nobody wants to hear it, but I like the idea. I know it's a crutch from my Dorito core mode preference, but if it helps with camper mitigation, it could be helpful.

Maybe it should be 1 second...? Maybe remove it for knife kills...? Maybe tied as an audio location ping from rifle fire noise, not heard in vehicles and planes because of engine noise...?

No.
    It needs to be removed ASAP.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    CruzitoPR wrote: »
    [Flaming]

What was the point of your post exactly?
    To make yourself feel better?
    He obviously double posted by accident.
    No need to be an ****.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nonsense. I know you are a DIE friend and therefore every post is like this game is magical and the sun shines out of their ......., but this is plain wrong. Its detrimental to players that flank. Period. I am a decent BF1 player, really struggling to adapt to this game. I don't do twitch play, I am too old, so my gameplay is base on constant flanking, and i simply could not understand why I had people looking in my direction as soon as I got my first kill. Now I understand. Its a game breaking bug.