Weekly BF

Battlefield V has too many scopes

«1
BlindChance
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Period. Nevermind authenticity, DICE clearly forgot about this aspect ages ago. The game has too many scopes, they change the gameplay too much and give too much of an advantage. Forget the poor medics, who have to smoke every longer gap just to move. Scopes should be restricted to snipers only and even then I would love to see them limited with some kind of max scoped recon class versus number of players in the game ratio.

Comments

  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree, then it really would be bf1.5. People wanted optics and customization and we got it.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Period. Nevermind authenticity, DICE clearly forgot about this aspect ages ago. The game has too many scopes, they change the gameplay too much and give too much of an advantage. Forget the poor medics, who have to smoke every longer gap just to move. Scopes should be restricted to snipers only and even then I would love to see them limited with some kind of max scoped recon class versus number of players in the game ratio.

    While I agree with the principle I disagree with the reality. Part of the reason people didn't like the appeal of battlefield one was because of the lack of scopes and sights for many of the weapons. Not offering them will turn people off from playing the game.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    danosta wrote: »
    Period. Nevermind authenticity, DICE clearly forgot about this aspect ages ago. The game has too many scopes, they change the gameplay too much and give too much of an advantage. Forget the poor medics, who have to smoke every longer gap just to move. Scopes should be restricted to snipers only and even then I would love to see them limited with some kind of max scoped recon class versus number of players in the game ratio.

    While I agree with the principle I disagree with the reality. Part of the reason people didn't like the appeal of battlefield one was because of the lack of scopes and sights for many of the weapons. Not offering them will turn people off from playing the game.

    Campy heavily scoped gameplay will do that too. Yes entirely too many scopes.
  • BlindChance
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This just doesn't feel like WW2 combat at all because of this reason.
  • DlGlTY
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Need iron sight only servers, only class that should have them is recon.
  • FCKJM
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DlGlTY wrote: »
    Need iron sight only servers, only class that should have them is recon.

    Agree, and if other classes have them too, they should have the same disadvantages as recon. --> scope glint is not there on assault scopes now...
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fix against campy-scope gameplay (as some call it) would be to put the glint effect on all 3x and above scopes regardless of class. ATM only scout have that but ARs, SLRs and LMGs can use 3x scopes without any glint.
  • trip1ex
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    sniper was the only class in BF42 that had a scope
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    sniper was the only class in BF42 that had a scope

    Cool a game 16 years ago didn't have something.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay remove the scopes!

    Okay... Now I can't see or hit anything due to the lack of 3d spotting and the fact that you just CAN'T SEE ANYTHING in this game. I actually can't play without some kind of magnification and I just always end up going back to the 3x scope with just about every gun.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish maybe we did not get all of the scopes straight away, would be better if say, the optics were unlocked at level 2, the x2 thing at level 4, the x3 scopes at level 6 ect
  • trip1ex
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I did notice the scope allows you to see through the sandstorm.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The RSC factory in BF1 gave me more joy than any weapon in any battlefield

    Iron sights are dead in BFV
  • Hawxxeye
    5638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What are you saying we have too few different scope options in several weapon types.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What are you saying we have too few different scope options in several weapon types.

    Sight options yes, scopes not so much.
  • Hawxxeye
    5638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What are you saying we have too few different scope options in several weapon types.

    Sight options yes, scopes not so much.

    I am the type who Would like to put Lattey sights on every primary gun
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    sniper was the only class in BF42 that had a scope

    would be nice here as well imo
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree, then it really would be bf1.5. People wanted optics and customization and we got it.

    Lol. I remember all the complaints about the lack of gun customization in BF1 and how there shouldnt be variants. That we should be able to choose what soghts and optics to put on our weapons.

    DICE gives us weapon customization, where we can add camoes to every part of the gun and choose whatever optic we want. The community still isnt happy.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The scopes are the cause which MMG's are almost useless.
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should at least remove glint from recon 3x scopes as well. Also, assault should not have scopes. Period.
Sign In or Register to comment.