Weekly Debrief

Some good news re TTK/TTD... and differently balanced test servers!...

disposalist
8616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited November 2018
Basically, they aren't going to make knee jerk reactions, but accept there are TTD and balance issues and, to a lesser extent, TTK issues.

EDIT: Highlighting this line, because I think it's almost the more important aspect of the news...
The prospect of servers running different TTKs is marvellous! Will we see 'casual' and 'competitive' servers stay separate in the future? Will we see servers balanced differently for consoles and PC? Could this bring Battlefield fans back together in a loving embrace? Interesting times!

Amazing I was *just* posting about there being more than one set of distinct fans these days and the prospect of servers being differently balanced rises!

Call me Nostradamus! Lol
Post edited by disposalist on

Comments

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good news!
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh how many people were wrong saying DICE wouldn't change the TTK at all, sounds like all good news to me, and as I said before I think BF1 ranged gun play took more skill, not this spray and pray almost HC like death times that we have now that encourages camping and rewards it.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good! Changing the TTK would've been a huge mistake. I'm glad they're not changing it and leaving it as is for the time being.
  • disposalist
    8616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    Good! Changing the TTK would've been a huge mistake. I'm glad they're not changing it and leaving it as is for the time being.
    As much as I, in general, don't like lower TTK, it would have been a mistake to change it before TTD fixes and balancing had happened.
  • bran1986
    5698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like a good approach from DICE.
  • Ferly_xxx
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, no changes to the most frustrating aspect of this bug ridden game? Top notch triple a company. And reading the second part of that tweet just shows that they have no **** clue as where or what to look for. What an utter joke, they had so much freakin time and they failed so miserably.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just add recoil to all weapons so that all actually have them, seriously up the prone firing recoil to closer to standing still recoil.
  • CSO7777
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good news. The gunplay is just so satisfying in this game. The TTK feels good to me (and not too fast), but the one-frame-deaths are the big problem.

The main issue with BF1 (and BF4) are all the "weird" random effects (spread and RBD). Even if they raise the TTK a little, hopefully they doesn't increase any random factors, but only adjusts damage, damage-drop-off and perhaps recoil.

But balance-adjustments is normal in BF-games (and most multiplayer-shooters). I just hope we won't get any TTK 2.0 (which improved BF1-gunplay a lot IMHO), because the game doesn't really need it, like BF1 did. BF1 had so many balance issues like handguns being too strong against other weapons in CQC etc, we don't have these issues in BFV.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh how many people were wrong saying DICE wouldn't change the TTK at all, sounds like all good news to me, and as I said before I think BF1 ranged gun play took more skill, not this spray and pray almost HC like death times that we have now that encourages camping and rewards it.

I thought they'd always said the knew there was problems with it since the beta?

I'm used to it now though, only took me 45 minutes to adjust. Just issues with the TTD for me cos quite often i'll just get OHK'd.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's good to see common sense prevail.

Changing TTK before addressing the netcode issues would've stupid IMO. Glad they're not rushing changes through like that.

Although it's becoming clearer that fixing the netcode is not going to be easier.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best of both worlds, I'm made up with this
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as they get the TTK/TTD sorted out, I have a feeling the infantry combat is going to be absurdly good.

I do hope SLRs are in store for Medics, though. They desperately need something for mid-range.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as they get the TTK/TTD sorted out, I have a feeling the infantry combat is going to be absurdly good.

I do hope SLRs are in store for Medics, though. They desperately need something for mid-range.

The SMGs just need to be viable. BF1 SMGs were beasts but in V they are laughable.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bravo DICE, everyone was worried a TTK shift would be the decision made regardless of how awesome it plays out currently.

Super cool to see an experimental "split servers" with current TTK as an option, as well as the new proposed changes
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »

The SMGs just need to be viable. BF1 SMGs were beasts but in V they are laughable.

There's an announcement post regarding SMGs and Dec 4ths patch. Buffs to bullet velocity, range, and recoil. Good news across the board.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's amazing what happens when you get a Pro bf player involved in development......

Momma always said the best advise comes from the best at the game.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Bravo DICE, everyone was worried a TTK shift would be the decision made regardless of how awesome it plays out currently.

Super cool to see an experimental "split servers" with current TTK as an option, as well as the new proposed changes

Agreed. Should be interesting to test out the two. And we get to take part in the expirement.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Dral13 wrote: »

There's an announcement post regarding SMGs and Dec 4ths patch. Buffs to bullet velocity, range, and recoil. Good news across the board.

I actually thought they would go insane, do a huge close quarters buff when that wasnt the biggest problem...
  • GrizzGolf
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm down with the netcode being fixed first
  • WHISPonPCin480P
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I think if they're worried about TTK, they should mess with recoil instead of the TTK itself (and fix TTD). This way instead of blanket nerfing TTK, they're promoting more skill and indirectly nerfing TTK...