Performance boost..

EdwinSpangler
1765 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I posted this in the bf1 section but have since tried it in bf5 and it works with it also so..
Ok so ive been playing with some settings and in doing so I have managed to gain a good 30fps and make the picture quality unbelievably better..

Figured id post the info and maybe itll help someone else.. Ive tried this on two PCs now and it improved both greatly..

Id really appreciate it if anyone who tries this lets me know if it works or not..

2rf8mtw.png

Comments

• FranzJeger
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this in the bf1 section but have since tried it in bf5 and it works with it also so..
    Ok so ive been playing with some settings and in doing so I have managed to gain a good 30fps and make the picture quality unbelievably better..

Figured id post the info and maybe itll help someone else.. Ive tried this on two PCs now and it improved both greatly..

Id really appreciate it if anyone who tries this lets me know if it works or not..

29zy1ya.jpg

I did't try settings but 4 pre-rendered frames will generate to much input lag for med. I'm using 2.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FranzJeger wrote: »

29zy1ya.jpg

I did't try settings but 4 pre-rendered frames will generate to much input lag for med. I'm using 2.

Oh whoops.. Yea the focus here is anisotropic filtering and 4x supersampling.. Better fix that.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Will try it, will try anything at this stage!
  • GUNNY1966
    675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay I have taken the time to read this & agree going thru the NVIDIA control panel is the correct method that you should have been using in the first place! Along with that each individual system is going to perform differently as the system hardware will make a significant impact. Maybe you should post your resolution & monitor size / hz ect. ect., it's not going to be exactly the same for others just saying!
  • nicey1958
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tried it.. worked for me.. depending on what map it is an whats going on around me, I get upto 180 fps with 2x 1070's sli. (an increase of about 25-30)
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

2rf8mtw.png

antisotrphic off
    How big of a compromise is this ?
  • afzSnickelfritz
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use 8xAA and 2xAA transparency; improves image clarity without an FPS hit.
  • LagusKD
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This worked for me. Using 8xAA and 2xAA. Stabilized my fps firmly at 60 no matter what. Thanks : )
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use 8xAA and 2xAA transparency; improves image clarity without an FPS hit.

And whats your in game settings?