Weekly Debrief

How to actually fix the medic weapons

BenBit13
77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
First of all, i think many people don't see the real problem with the smgs. It's not that they are not good on medium to long distance, it's that they are bad at any given distance. The medic as stated by DICE should be really effective on short range and ok on short-medium range. The problem is that they don't stand a chance against the assault and the support class on these distances. The upcoming patch makes the smgs slightly better at medium distance, which is welcomed, but they should focus on making the gun work at it's intended distance, which is short range. To achieve this they should simply increase the rate of fire and the damage on short distance for the smgs and decrease them for the assault and the support. I really don't get why they would say that they wanna get rid of the rock, paper, scissors system and make all weapons work on every distance and then completely leave out the medic out of this change.

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God you people must be terrible with the medic guns if you are losing at close quarters all the time. The only time I notice losing to a non medic weapon in close quarters consistantly, where i felt like i should have won is the broken ke7. Almost every time ive played medic im either top or near top of the leaderboard. While in certian situations some of weapons could get a love top or so, but people are overreacting about the class.
  • DirtyDog1974
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, rage you must just be a superhero then! Clearly the majority find that the smg is nothing but hot garbage
  • BenBit13
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    @xXCA_RageXx I'm definitly not bad with the medic, 90% of the time top of the scoreboard with many kills and k/d usually from 3 upwards. But when i play assault or support it's way easier for me to get kills and i pretty much never lose against a single medic.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t understand the thought process of equipping medics with smgs, especially ones that are that bad. It made sense for assault to have them as they are one man armies.
    Not that it really matters, the medic class is redundant anyway.
  • BenBit13
    @dcs500 It makes sense because the medic usually operates in close quarters, his main role is to support teammates and kill enemies that are close to fallen teammates.
  • DirtyDog1974
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about those teammates that got sniped however? Trying to revive them is sure way to get sniper as well with a gun that cannot shoot beyond 2 feet
  • BenBit13
    edited November 2018
    @DirtyDog1974 Use smokes, they are pretty effective against people who are far away. I think though that they should handle the smgs like the ars in previous titles, make them effective at long range if you tap or single fire or you have really really good spray control.
  • DirtyDog1974
    That I can agree 100% with you on, the worst part is how ineffective the smg's are at range. I use smokes to try to heal and even throw them.in front of downed player but players have already caught on and any mmg, lmg players already just hose area of a downed teammate.
  • BenBit13
    @DirtyDog1974 In my opinion every gun should be effective on every distance with enough skill and easily effective on it's intended distance. Maybe they should actually make the smoke a bit harder to see through and i'd also like to get one more smoke grenade by default. What usually works pretty well is to throw a few more smokes as a distraction nearby so the enemies don't know in which exact smoke center you are. Also the medic revive should be faster or instant and the dragging should be implemented asap.
  • DirtyDog1974
    Ben, I cannot agree much more with you! Why we do not deploy with 2 smokes boggles the mind. Also wish the smokegrenade would work just little bit faster. The dragging I'm afraid is a long way from actually being implemented, they seem to be having "difficulty" with that.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God you people must be terrible with the medic guns if you are losing at close quarters all the time. The only time I notice losing to a non medic weapon in close quarters consistantly, where i felt like i should have won is the broken ke7. Almost every time ive played medic im either top or near top of the leaderboard. While in certian situations some of weapons could get a love top or so, but people are overreacting about the class.

This kind of myopic view needs to die a horrible death. Unless you're a console gamer (due to hardware standardization), any PC gamer worth their salt knows that "Your experience may vary" due to our machines being random assortments of hardware, performance and software-based restrictions. Just because the netcode works for you and the game rolls out that way doesn't ever...EVER... in the HISTORY of GAMING mean that it'll be the exact same experience for everyone else.

And it doesn't mean people have crap machines either. If you think that, you're just ignorant to the actual issue.

There are more things, in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This kind of myopic view needs to die a horrible death. Unless you're a console gamer (due to hardware standardization), any PC gamer worth their salt knows that "Your experience may vary" due to our machines being random assortments of hardware, performance and software-based restrictions. Just because the netcode works for you and the game rolls out that way doesn't ever...EVER... in the HISTORY of GAMING mean that it'll be the exact same experience for everyone else.

And it doesn't mean people have crap machines either. If you think that, you're just ignorant to the actual issue.

There are more things, in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy.

So me being able to use the class efficiently solely revolves on either my machine or how the netcode affects me in your mind? That's just silly. The guns arent as bad you you people want to believe.
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are good at flanking behind enemy lines, hide when self healing, continue and repeat, that's how i played medic.. also use your smokes alot noob medics dont use smokes or flank..
  • ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic Guns are hot Garbage at any range. Luckily they are getting buffed.