Warning: Conquest mode, as you know it, is gone!

DaManiac72
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have tonight witnessed, and confirmed, that the Conquest mode is not present anymore in BF5 even though the game mode is still falsely present itself in game. No longer is ticket bleed active in what DICE claims to be "conquest". It does not matter if you own 90% of the flags, not a single ticket is bled. So, not only did DICE try to fool us with the fake "balancer" where the enemies can capture flags at a super speed to try to "fool" the players online that the game is balanced, they have now also removed what any regular BF-player consider is a Conquest game: Control more than 50% of the total amount of flags and your enemy will lose/bleed tickets. With this being said, all that is left to say is:
"Good bye "Conquest" mode!" and "Good bye Battlefield series!".

Comments

• DaManiac72
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Loki_Deezie: I have only told you the truth and you are wrong I am afraid. I have monitored the "potential" bleed the entire evening and not a single ticket was bled when any team was controlling more flags than the other team. We had several fights where noone was killed in any team for a long time, while controlling/owning a huge majority of the flags, and the bleed (as any BF player would define it) was not there anymore. I played several rounds just to confirm this fact.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaManiac72 wrote: »
    Loki_Deezie: I have only told you the truth and you are wrong I am afraid. I have monitored the "potential" bleed the entire evening and not a single ticket was bled when any team was controlling more flags than the other team. We had several fights where noone was killed in any team for a long time, while controlling/owning a huge majority of the flags, and the bleed (as any BF player would define it) was not there anymore. I played several rounds just to confirm this fact.

Ok then answer me this. On hamada, one team holds all the objectives at the beginning while the other team starts with 200 more tickets. How is it at the very beginning of the game tickets begin to bleed from said team. This can only be explained by ticket bleed due to flags..
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First off.
    Yes the catch up mechanic sucks and needs to be tweaked/removed.
    The flag bleed that you ''think'' is not there is false. This you can easily see when looking at the bars at the top of the screen. It shows when you lose a ticket to a death and also shows when you lose a ticket due to a flag. Each flag causes a ticket bleed meaning the more you own the faster your tickets bleed.

Stop spreading lies as I have witnessed ticket bleed due to flags.

I only realized the icons that flash on the bar yesterday lol. And you are right. The bleed is still there. It doesn’t seem to happen too fast when one team owns say 5/6 flags, but when one team owns all, it bleeds VERY fast. Dice just needs to tweak the comeback mechanic so that it doesn’t occur when the team’s tickets are close. It can too easily swing the battle at the last minute in favor of the losing team.
  • J1M_13
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny to me how people say every new battlefield game will be dead quick. People have been saying these games will die since bf3. Just accept the fact the game wont die.

It just changes to attract current-trend players and loses old ones in the process.

That's what stock markets and shareholders are all about.
  • Blacktrout
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a punk the OP is. Of course the bleed is there. My God it’s nit rocket science.
  • TEXls1
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Delete thread, ban user
  • DaManiac72
    If you mean that the bleed is still "there" when it did not tick down A SINGLE TICKET within 20 seconds when 5/6 of flags was controlled, well then it it is "there". Of course I have seen that when you control ALL flags the bleed actually works. The "catchup" mechanic is so extremely stupid I can not even find words to describe it. Let us play the game and win and lose fair and square. Do NOT fiddle with core gameplay.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaManiac72 wrote: »
    If you mean that the bleed is still "there" when it did not tick down A SINGLE TICKET within 20 seconds when 5/6 of flags was controlled, well then it it is "there". Of course I have seen that when you control ALL flags the bleed actually works. The "catchup" mechanic is so extremely stupid I can not even find words to describe it. Let us play the game and win and lose fair and square. Do NOT fiddle with core gameplay.

I agree with the catchup mechanic and think it only needs to go into effect if the losing team drops below 100 and are LOSING by more than let's 100 maybe 150. Then I think it work work properly. What would also need to happen is if the score becomes closer than let's say 50 to 100 then it needs to stop.

Not sure how difficult that would be but I'm sure its feasible.
    The flag bleed needs to be more pronounced but it is more than what your claiming.
    Right now kills are effecting the score to much IMO.
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    There is ticket bleed that becomes more apparent the more flags you control; there is significant ticket bleed when all capped
    Dice lost it, bad company 3 needs to come fast. Bf5 will be dead in 6 months.

Funny ive heard this same thing since the launch of every Battlefield. We get it you don't like bfv; feel free to log out and continue with your life instead of moaning in every second thread about it
    Learn to deal with other opinions then yourself.
    I like bf5 for now but i know for sure not for long. I am a conquest player and the maps are just plain and simple. When you play bf4 or 3 it is just way more fun. When you get bored of infrantry go get a chopper or a decend tank. Put some c4 on a quad and go on a suicide mission. I just miss al those thing in bf5 and bf1. Name a big bf5 with many tanks and transports? Just saying next battlefield must go back to bf3 style in my opinion.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice lost it, bad company 3 needs to come fast. Bf5 will be dead in 6 months.

Bad Company deserves to be where it belongs, in history.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's called Campquest now.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I, and everyone else, loves the bold and innovative new catch-up system. It's all in your head, no artificial lame mechanics at all, helping losers lose less - same great Conquest play!
  • SirTenko
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    If you go back and play Conquest EVEN in Bf2(ALL BATTLEFIELD GAMES HAVE THIS EXCEPT 1943) you can see the same problem. Isnt tickets,or bleed. Its the players being poor quality and the maps being designed around it. Still dont believe me?Look,

Unarguably Bad Company 2, best Battlefield game hands down. With Great Balance and map design/aesthetics and all its greatness for all its game modes,(Rush,STDM,TDM,Conquest.) THE WORST MAPS AtacamaDesert,HarvestDay and HeavyMetal were also the BIGGEST Same EXACT issues. Too many flags. Lots of camping. Lots of Back-Capping(Running around the edge of the map and capturing A while you capture D)

Sadly there is nothing you can do about it. The rest of Bad Company 2's maps were designed around RUSH so they were CHOKED/Funneled with TONS of No-Go-Zones to FORCE players to interact, But DICE hasnt done this since so This issue will lead to the death of conquest for those even still playing it. New players just dont play like we did back in Bf1942.